Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,271 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Triple_Bagger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tomas Hermensa said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

I closed those for less than my average cost. I think even with the fees I made a few dollars. Stupid is victorious again! I'm not sure why I got backwards with the thinking on that spread.

Speaking of stupid, what's up with SAVA today?
I guess this presentation didn't go great? I'm watching it now but it is from this morning.

https://journey.ct.events/view/abca033e-c7d3-4a74-9b27-80af83f8f155

J.P. 03
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I think it closed that gap to 4448 and may rally for a bit. It's holding that same trend line. Sold the puts and bought calls at 445 three and a half weeks out.
You're probably right. I went ahead and sold on that last dip down because I'm trying to get better about selling and taking singles quickly vs holding for the double/triple and inevitably striking out. +18% is not terrible for 30 minutes of scalping, though.
J.P. 03
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Can I yell at myself real quick...

SELL YOUR OPTIONS WHEN THEY HIT YOUR 2ND TARGET YOU IGNORANT GREEDY PIG.

YOU CONTINUE TO OCCASIONALLY "HOLD FOR MORE" THEN LET THE TRADE MOVE AGAINST YOU.
McInnis 03
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

SELL YOUR OPTIONS WHEN THEY HIT YOUR 2ND TARGET YOU IGNORANT GREEDY PIG. YOUR ACCOUNT WOULD BE UP ANOTHER 30-40% IF YOU WOULD JUST DO THIS. YOU HAVE IDENTIFIED 2 PRICE TARGETS ON EVERY TRADE IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS THAT ALL HAVE BEEN HIT! YET YOU CONTINUE TO OCCASIONALLY "HOLD FOR MORE" THEN LET THE TRADE MOVE AGAINST YOU.

Ok, I'm done. Thanks fellas.
Preach bro. There is not a single person here who hasn't done this and won't continue to do so.

Set a target. Sell at target. Leave runners if you can.

Do this over and over and you are successful.

Void your rules over and over, and you'll be posting blue starred rants.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
BTW, please tell me one of y'all is retiring thanks to ATER.

I sold at my target.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
spud1910
AG
Another here. I have done it enough that today, I set a limit sell of my docn calls. They sold at the high of the day. Hopefully that convinces me to keep it up.
McInnis 03
AG
But you left a runner so you're getting a little more, even though it was a capped runner.

B&I Key:
BaylorSpineGuy
I may have cost you some money…..it found support at 444.22, so you had a bit more. I was anxious down here tho. It's rallied down here for almost 10 min tho back to 445.00.
irish pete ag06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

SELL YOUR OPTIONS WHEN THEY HIT YOUR 2ND TARGET YOU IGNORANT GREEDY PIG. YOUR ACCOUNT WOULD BE UP ANOTHER 30-40% IF YOU WOULD JUST DO THIS. YOU HAVE IDENTIFIED 2 PRICE TARGETS ON EVERY TRADE IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS THAT ALL HAVE BEEN HIT! YET YOU CONTINUE TO OCCASIONALLY "HOLD FOR MORE" THEN LET THE TRADE MOVE AGAINST YOU.

Preach bro. There is not a single person here who hasn't done this and won't continue to do so.

Set a target. Sell at target. Leave runners if you can.

Do this over and over and you are successful.

Void your rules over and over, and you'll be posting blue starred rants.
Haha. Man. Where I get into problems is when I buy an expensive option with my small account. I revamped my rules today. Here they are based on numbers of options.

(those puts in parentheses are specific plays to remind myself of this)
McInnis 03
AG
A little to think about on 1 contract activity, closure of position is not always your only path.

I've had some success with rolling up strikes for credit, thereby removing risk, sometimes ALL the risk....

I've also had much success with selling a strike higher than my current strike for equal or greater value than what I purchased the original, thereby creating a net free or net positive vertical.

B&I Key:
Triple_Bagger
Double_Bagger said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

I closed those for less than my average cost. I think even with the fees I made a few dollars. Stupid is victorious again! I'm not sure why I got backwards with the thinking on that spread.

Speaking of stupid, what's up with SAVA today?
I guess this presentation didn't go great? I'm watching it now but it is from this morning.

https://journey.ct.events/view/abca033e-c7d3-4a74-9b27-80af83f8f155

$SAVA

Summary:
  • Remi still believes the Citizen Petition is bogus.
  • Open Label study has shown intriguing results. Human efficacy won't be known until Phase 3 is complete.
  • Remi argues they need to be allowed to move forward with the Phase 3 clinical so they can find out how effective the drug is.
  • Cognitive improvement from Simufilam will plateau at some point but not sure what that point is.
  • Hopes Simufilam can improve quality of life for AD patients for a short term
  • 3rd party is analyzing and interpreting 12-month data because of the Citizens Petition
Spoony Love
AG
I like these rules a lot. Now I haven't been following anything close to this but for new investors this would be good initial discipline.
Brewmaster
AG
we buying dips yet?

I'm tinkering with ABNB vertical ideas, have not found anything I like yet though.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I bought a little more WWR earlier today and my TSLA flies and a couple SPY flies for this Friday executed. The only thing I've sank much money in was backasswards call credit spreads that I got out of. I'll be dip buying if SPX gets below 4415.
McInnis 03
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

I'd love to see the ported code for equities. Also curious on your "low hanging fruit" theory when you have time.
Futures is where Posty gets his info from and where he derives his pivots. He has never used them on equities, that's what other folks are trying to do. He uses these on DAX, ES, NQ, and GC I think.

Anyways, low hanging fruit......since this is what he invented it for, it's a system for getting trades on in the futures.....you pick the direction, set your protective stops, and then see if you can ride a wave.

NQ behaved well on the bear reversal zone, and actually followed on the bull reversal zone a few times.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
KPLT volatility is doing something nutty, this could be getting ready to run up?

B&I Key:
irish pete ag06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

A little to think about on 1 contract activity, closure of position is not always your only path.

I've had some success with rolling up strikes for credit, thereby removing risk, sometimes ALL the risk....

I've also had much success with selling a strike higher than my current strike for equal or greater value than what I purchased the original, thereby creating a net free or net positive vertical.
Oh I like the idea of selling... wow that's a great idea. Essentially creating yourself a vertical spread, correct?
irish pete ag06
AG
Yes, these are definitely small account based. The UPST put I bought that I misplayed would have been about 50% of my settled cash. So sometimes it's only 1 contract if I like it but don't have enough cash.
McInnis 03
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Oh I like the idea of selling... wow that's a great idea. Essentially creating yourself a vertical spread, correct?
Yes.

So, let's use TSLA as an example since it's expensivo.

You buy a 720c at maybe $8 one day. TSLA runs up and now you're up but the 730c starts going for about $8.50....sell that one for $8.50.....you now remove ALL risk and keep $50 under any circumstance.......You also have a 720c/730c vertical that has some value, and if TSLA keeps cranking to your expiry, you may get a full $10 spread to your benefit as well.

B&I Key:
BaylorSpineGuy
Remember when I asked about GUSH yesterday? The consensus was no, don't play it.

Up 5.52 today. Gas prices at 7.5 yr high. Oh well…
McInnis 03
AG
Mind the sig.

B&I Key:
BaylorSpineGuy
Lol love it.

My account sucks. I like to share my account with others. None day I'd like to learn to keep my own money but for now, not an issue.

There's always more opportunities.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
very tricky day today, but made it out alive.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
mazag08
AG
Market is side grinding. We should get a pretty impulsive pop soon toward 4600.
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

very tricky day today, but made it out alive.
I didn't take a single trade today.

B&I Key:
slacker00
AG
sent you a note on discord if you still need help with the script.
mazag08
AG
Looking at the daily chart, the 144 day EMA for GILD is about to finally cross the 610 EMA (both of those EMA's are part of the Fibonacci sequence). This hasn't happened since April of 2020.

Wonder if that acts as a launching pad.
jimmo
Thanks!
all of yall
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I eeked out $3,700.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Remember those SPX levels I posted, well looky here. I added a new line in purple to represent freshly born daily support / resistance.

Some notes:

• we filled part of that gap I was talking about. Only a very tiny gap around 4445 remains. It will get filled eventually
  • Look how well it respected that 4450 resistance level. This was critical for bulls to hold
  • We have confirmed nothing. Acceptance over 4490 is required for resumption of bull trend. It tried overnight and pre-market. I am remaining nimble while this works its way out.
  • I will keep updating this chart this week if you guys want me to

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Set your stop loss at those targets when it goes past.
Triple_Bagger
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Remember those SPX levels I posted, well looky here. I added a new line in purple to represent freshly born daily support / resistance.

Some notes:

• we filled part of that gap I was talking about. Only a very tiny gap around 4445 remains. It will get filled eventually
  • Look how well it respected that 4450 resistance level. This was critical for bulls to hold
  • We have confirmed nothing. Acceptance over 4490 is required for resumption of bull trend. It tried overnight and pre-market. I am remaining nimble while this works its way out.
  • I will keep updating this chart this week if you guys want me to

Yes please
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Look 30k, your Twitter empire is never gonna take off unless you start finishing those charts with a bold prediction. Hook a brother up and draw a big green phallus on there for tomorrow!

Better yet, make 2 twitter accounts: "30k millionbear" and "30k millionmoon"
Big red prediction on one, big green on the other. Whichever one is right, nuke the other
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
OK, since you insisted. I made a twitter account.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Am I doing this right?

First Page Last Page
Page 4456 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.