Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,791 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I came here to post this. Up another 20% in premarket.
McInnis 03
AG
So.....a follow I respect on twitter has some pretty amazing pivots he used to calculate on a daily basis and he'd post them the night before as levels to respect. Another random twitter dude figured out the calcs and when they worked together they published code to TradingView to draw out these pivots free, but they locked it.

After some discussions, they unlocked the code and now we have some folks trying to port it to TOS.

Anyways, I have the ported code, and it works great for equities, but it's not calculating right for futures at the moment which is where the low hanging fruit truly lies............

Anyway, if anyone is interested in a BETA version of Posty Pivots (@PostyTrades) for TOS I'm happy to share here and to explain it if you understand that this isn't final yet and actionable levels could be off until we get this tuned up to pull proper timeframes on futures.

Lemme know and I can post the shared code.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
redneckag
AG
McInnis, is it called posty pivots on trading view?
slacker00
AG
What is it called on TV?

ETA: nevermind I see someone already found it.
McInnis 03
AG
redneckag said:

McInnis, is it called posty pivots on trading view?
https://www.tradingview.com/script/w5W1XuUr-Posty-Pivots/
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
jwhitlock3
I'd love to see the ported code for equities. Also curious on your "low hanging fruit" theory when you have time.
McInnis 03
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

ATER looking good this morning
LOL, I sealed up my naked calls by selling the next strike up. I may sell the call spread above it to take in some more cash and hope for a pullback to 12.5 for Friday to nail a butterfly.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
If anyone has TV and has loaded the posty pivots overlay, can y'all give me a screenshot of the values for today on ES? I'm tinkering with the code but don't have TV

B&I Key:
Ags2013
AG
DNN ready to break out?
slacker00
AG
Today's values aren't calculated yet, still showing yesterday.

I haven't looked at the script yet but I imagine the difference is what time it uses for the the closing price of the future.
McInnis 03
AG
I agree, I think the values are getting flubbed by futures timing vs. equity timing and it's what I'm trying to decipher, but my coding is sub par.

B&I Key:
cmk10
AG
DNN has been doing great the last week. I wi def if there is still momentum left…
slacker00
AG
I don't want to do it right now at the opening bell, but later in the day or better yet this evening I can help you on discord. I don't have TOS but decent at the scripting side and can work with the TV version to see exactly which values it is using for calcs to compare.
gougler08
AG
Thanks FAMI...huge volume and good run on Friday then announce an offering at 50% of stock price, sweet
tramaro1
AG
Any news on $XM, dropped like a rock
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

So.....a follow I respect on twitter has some pretty amazing pivots he used to calculate on a daily basis and he'd post them the night before as levels to respect. Another random twitter dude figured out the calcs and when they worked together they published code to TradingView to draw out these pivots free, but they locked it.

After some discussions, they unlocked the code and now we have some folks trying to port it to TOS.

Anyways, I have the ported code, and it works great for equities, but it's not calculating right for futures at the moment which is where the low hanging fruit truly lies............

Anyway, if anyone is interested in a BETA version of Posty Pivots (@PostyTrades) for TOS I'm happy to share here and to explain it if you understand that this isn't final yet and actionable levels could be off until we get this tuned up to pull proper timeframes on futures.

Would definitely be interested in the pivot script for TOS
McInnis 03
AG
AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

*Beta* script, educational only at this point

https://tos.mx/7LaAYq3

Here's some labels for you to understand how it's supposed to help guide you.....

B&I Key:
slacker00
AG
I was mistaken. The futures had already updated to the new numbers Sunday pm.
FTAG 2000
AG
LOLASAN.
RigsTx
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

Here's some labels for you to understand how it's supposed to help guide you.....

quoting to review later.
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

Looks sharp, thank you.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Excellent entry point for ROKU.
FTAG 2000
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It just lost a long term support line going back to november last year. Not sure this is the bottom.
Ragoo
AG
AG 2000' said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

It just lost a long term support line going back to november last year. Not sure this is the bottom.
agreed. Wouldn't be adding until a clear reversal or touches $200. The weekly looks ugly.
RenoAg
SNDL at .70 and AMD in low 103s. Gotta see if they hold these levels?
SF2004
AG
Market Makers just dumped.
FTAG 2000
AG
Ragoo said:

AG 2000' said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

agreed. Wouldn't be adding until a clear reversal or touches $200. The weekly looks ugly.
I see a support point around 275 from May. After that look out below.
SF2004
AG
Looking at that AMD $101 support. If it bounces I might enter.

If it breaks that support there is nothing until around $90.
FTAG 2000
AG
Got out of ATER way too soon.
FJ43
SF2004 said:

Looking at that AMD $101 support. If it bounces I might enter.

If it breaks that support there is nothing until around $90.
Careful on semis today. Most taking heat.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

bmks270
AG
Ragoo said:

AG 2000' said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I just bought more, was accumulating cash the past few months, just deployed it all. ROKU is my long term play, this looks like a solid entry point since it's so far off of earlier highs, and good value compared to other growth stocks. 51% growth per year over the last 3 years. Maybe slowing down, but they just expanded in Germany, they aren't going anywhere.

All of streaming is growing, I think ROKU has the most to gain.
Ragoo
AG
bmks270 said:

Ragoo said:

AG 2000' said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I just bought more, was accumulating cash the past few months, just deployed it all. ROKU is my long term play, this looks like a solid entry point since it's so far off of earlier highs, and good value compared to other growth stocks. 51% growth per year over the last 3 years. Maybe slowing down, but they just expanded in Germany, they aren't going anywhere.

All of streaming is growing, I think ROKU has the most to gain.
i am with you. I hope it rockets to $400 this week.
bmks270
AG
How do guys feel about low volume stocks?

I just bought some shares of a very low volume stock, most days only hundreds of shares, a few days here and there in the thousands. It dropped 10% already this morning on only 9,000 shares of volume. Good for me since I bought some shares 10% off its high.
Market cap is about 6 billion.

It's a higher risk but potentially high reward.
It's already tripled since it started trading about a year ago.

It feels low risk since my friend in the industry is really high on it. Also financials look good for a growth stock IMO.
I bleed maroon
AG
bmks270 said:

How do guys feel about low volume stocks?

I just bought some shares of a very low volume stock, most days only hundreds of shares, a few days here and there in the thousands. It dropped 10% already this morning on only 9,000 shares of volume. Good for me since I bought some shares 10% off its high.
Market cap is about 6 billion.

It's a higher risk but potentially high reward.
It's already tripled since it started trading about a year ago.

It feels low risk since my friend in the industry is really high on it. Also financials look good for a growth stock IMO.
Good luck, but without knowing which company this is, it sounds nothing like a "low risk" proposition. I have highlighted the parts above that lead me to believe this is a very high risk stock.
FTAG 2000
AG
WFC reverting to the mean from -3 AT (not there yet, but moving).
First Page Last Page
Page 4454 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.