Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,009 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
lobwedgephil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't know what he saw, but massive flow game in for GM also. Like always, someone always knows.
tlepoC
AG
Sell it all. Will be able to buy in much much lower
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I love a great downtrend breakout.

You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Falling wedge breakout.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
OK, if next week is going to have some pukage (maybe, watch that 4450 bounce), here are some candidates for mean reversion or at least selling call credit spreads. Make sure they start to show reversion before you enter. Shorting is harder than playing long.
  • MTCH - enter below 164.38, stop there
  • CSGP - I like this one the best. It looks like it's starting to get tired
  • AFRM - big gap, premiums juiced, stock has doubled in 9 trading periods with two huge gaps. Wait for excitement to die down and then there will be a big pay day.
  • MDB - I like this company, but it's holding a $100 gap
  • CELH. Same thing, big move
  • JAMF - big move
SF2004
AG

It was a clear sign of a false "aggie it up" flag on that chart!

Don't you see it.
Decay
AG
That is basically a chart of how I felt today. I'd rather trade crypto on leverage
lobwedgephil
Not sure what happens on ES, the chart suggests we bounce.
irish pete ag06
AG
Update on mom fellas.

To use a market analogy, it seems like we are in an inside bar for 2 weeks now. For every bit of progress we make, there's usually a setback the next day. I'm just praying for the major breakout to happen soon.

Last week she had clots being the setback and O2 issues.
Last night she's showing signs of fluid retention and she needs to get on lasix asap.

I'm praying mom recovers and gets to go home soon, but this seems like we are looking at week's or months before that happens. She could very likely have permanent damage as well.

I'm a football coach and my wife teaches dance in the evenings so my mom was our baby sitter for the 2 hours my wife was starting work and I am finishing practice and coming home after. This is probably going to have to change my way of life. I may have to give up coaching. The stipend is not significant, but it's still something. I've already done the math on what kind of returns I need from the market to make up for it if I have to go to just straight teaching for a while to make our schedule work.

I appreciate yal on this thread for the prayers. Please continue. We need them.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Hang in there. Praying for you and your Mom.
Talon2DSO
AG
Keeping your mom in our prayers.
FJ43
Will continue prayers for y'all. Stay strong brother.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

BaylorSpineGuy
Hey Pete! Will keep you in prayer. Where do u live?
Brewmaster
AG
Praying for her and your fam brother!
Brewmaster
AG
non stonk Q for those in real estate (especially if you own multiple properties).

Are you all selling this crazy real estate rip? I don't know if blow off tops exist in real estate, but it certainly feels like one!

Our neighbors just sold their house for something crazy like 75% over what they paid for it 7 years ago (when it was new). It is very tempting to sell and sit on the cash for a bit and wait and see. I think the spending of our politicians is going to catch up soon.
Seven Costanza
AG
Or you sell, wait it out, prices continue rising, and you wind up having to buy the same type of place for more money.
HoustonAg_2009
I'm a passive investor of many multi-family (apartments) properties throughout the south and southeast USA. Cap rates have definitely compressed in the last 12-18 months, but with inflation here to stay, in my opinion, I don't believe you'll see the bottom fall out of real estate. Instead I suspect supply (New builds) will finally catch up to demand (2022-2023) and the market will "cool", but not go cold. Just my 2 cents.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I've got a rental near downtown Denver and it's a 4x right now, no plans to sell. When the easy/free money gets locked down the 400k first home craziness will ease up but real estate is generally a safe place to be during inflation. Also lots of foreclosures means lots of people who are going to have to rent for the next 5 years before they are eligible for another mortgage
spud1910
AG
Continuing to pray. Wishing you all the best.
BaylorSpineGuy
https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurricane/tropical-storm-nicholas-to-bring-flooding-to-houston-texas/1016331

Another storm brewing in the Gulf.

Time for options on GUSH again or is too recent/priced in, etc.?
McInnis 03
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurricane/tropical-storm-nicholas-to-bring-flooding-to-houston-texas/1016331

Another storm brewing in the Gulf.

Time for options on GUSH again or is too recent/priced in, etc.?

This storm isn't taking an O&G affecting path at this point.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
irish pete ag06
AG
Longview
BaylorSpineGuy
Gotcha. Will keep praying.
FishrCoAg
AG

I'm keeping en eye on $GME. This is a weekly chart. Notice that EMAs are stacked positive and that the 34 was cleanly rejected. It's also in a weekly squeeze. I think on a daily time horizon it will likely enter a squeeze soon. It's in a squeeze on the 3D.

Over about $215, I think this thing can fly. My play here on a trigger would be to enter OTM call debit spreads. Probably 250/450 or 250/350.

What expiration are you looking at on the call spreads?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Need to see it trigger first. I'll give it some time when it does.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Futures up quite a bit. I sort of thought we would get an AM dip to buy. I won't be surprised to see this go back to 4450 when Asia opens.

Watch 4490.
FishrCoAg
AG
Thanks
Jet Black
Made it through 9/11 without shenanigans.
BaylorSpineGuy
I get a feeling the whole market is gonna be in for a head fake.

Market makers know everyone is primed for the dip on OpEx week. It may dip for a day or so, but I suspect a rally by mid week to catch people off unless some just outright unanticipated news drops.

I'm gonna try to sell my SPY puts tomorrow or Tuesday. They're both currently ITM, so will try to exit with nice gains. Currently up 45-65% on my different options.
jimmo
Prayers sent
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Market makers know everyone is primed for the dip on OpEx week. It may dip for a day or so, but I suspect a rally by mid week to catch people off unless some just outright unanticipated news drops.

I'm gonna try to sell my SPY puts tomorrow or Tuesday. They're both currently ITM, so will try to exit with nice gains. Currently up 45-65% on my different options.

Need confirmation over 4490/4500.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Saying more, I hope we rip. Just be nimble and recognize it's opex with bad seasonality brewing.
FJ43
Mornun!

New week new opportunities....hope everyone had a great weekend!

Early green in US, EU & Asia.

OpEx week and mid September on top of it.

I'll be watching for rejections to fade the opening gap ups.

Tactical week for me again until we get through whatever the market is doing below the 8 & 21 EMAs.

I'm guessing how many of us feel on OpEx week.....

Trade wisely!

FJ43

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
ATER looking good this morning
First Page Last Page
Page 4453 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.