Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,051,043 Views | 231664 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by I bleed maroon
Red Rover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Raccoon got in a fight with our swing set and woke me up. The dog stayed inside last night, so we get a zoo visit to the backyard. I thought RH started trading at 6:30 ET or something odd like that?
FJ43
Prognightmare said:

Red Rover said:

Lol, came here to post mornin Prog, mornin FJ. Late by a minute.
Had to get up to pee, getting old sucks, and now I'm wide awake. Gym opens at 4 so I'll get my lift in early today.
At least you and Red Rover have reasons. I got nuthin.....
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
I think RobinHood opens at 8AM for early trading.

We are quickly approaching $27.50 on CLOV
ProgN
Red Pear Luke said:

I bet those little *******s push it to $30 premarket when they can start trading. That's why I was wondering.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Prognightmare said:

Red Pear Luke said:

I bet those little *******s push it to $30 premarket when they can start trading. That's why I was wondering.

I wouldn't mind seeing that, would get me net free on selling less then half shares
spud1910
AG
Prognightmare said:

is it 6 or 7 am when the RHders get to start premarket trading?

I thought it was 8cst for RH.

Good morning all!
ProgN
You may be right, that's why I was asking.

OA is up and tweeting feel good vibes with thoughts of sugar plums dancing through his head.
SpeedyAg90
AG
WISH volume already up to 7.3 million.
kyledr04
AG
Brutal to see so many CLOV shares that could be sold to go net free or sold for huge profit that are locked up by deep ITM covered calls. Never had this happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see it keep running just because I'm stuck. I keep finding ways to miss out.

Profit is profit but who knows what the price will be next month.
FbgTxAg
AG
Prognightmare said:

Red Rover said:

Lol, came here to post mornin Prog, mornin FJ. Late by a minute.
Had to get up to pee, getting old sucks, and now I'm wide awake. Gym opens at 4 so I'll get my lift in early today.

Same Same Every Day
FbgTxAg
AG
So I know y'all hate XL, but I'm in it for 6.10 avg in.

Is it a short squeezer too or why is it moving as well??
sts7049
AG
i see strike prices for CLOV have grown to 40 now for next week expiration...
SpeedyAg90
AG
WISh shooting up !!!
Bird Poo
AG
sts7049 said:

Dayum
Post removed:
by user
Ccutamu
Dayum...WATT is up 20% PM.

Energous And Atmosic Technologies Highlight Achievement Of Interoperability For Radio Frequency Energy Harvesting Technology

Interoperability enables wireless charging up to two meters away for diverse applications in the retail, industrial and consumer markets Energous Corporation (NASDAQ:WATT), the developer of WattUp, and Atmosic
FbgTxAg
AG
Ccutamu said:

Sadly it's still not up to my avg in - but it's close.
Ccutamu
FbgTxAg said:

Ccutamu said:

Same boat as you but getting there!
Carlo4
AG
sts7049 said:

Holy crap. I took my profits and ran yesterday as I didn't expect it to keep going like this. Very happy with what I have unless this goes to 100.

No ragrets
McKinney Ag69
AG
For those of you in GOED with me. Here is information about the conference call where they will be discussing the recent acquisition of Appliances Connection and other developments. It's at 4:30 Eastern.

https://stocktwits.com/elijiah/message/341412215
zag213004
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Ccutamu said:

Just about to comment on this. My cost basis is 4.09. Im debating on whether or not to exit when it reaches that. Are planning to let this run to I believe.... $7? Or simply use the opportunity to get out even
McInnis 03
AG
LONG SCHLOSSNAGLE!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
gigemJTH12
AG
Challenger 17 said:

For those of you in GOED with me. Here is information about the conference call where they will be discussing the recent acquisition of Appliances Connection and other developments. It's at 4:30 Eastern.

I am a rookie but I swear every time I am on a stock that has some big conference call, the stock tanks right after. No matter how good the news is.

ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

LONG SCHLOSSNAGLE!
I don't even want to know how you found that out.
FbgTxAg
AG
McInnis 03 said:

LONG SCHLOSSNAGLE!

That's what she said.
FJ43
AgCPA95
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Challenger 17 said:

I am a rookie but I swear every time I am on a stock that has some big conference call, the stock tanks right after. No matter how good the news is.

The "buy the rumor, sell the news" saying has been around for a long time and not really a rumor, the same concept could apply here. Hope that isn't the case here as I'm long but a valid concern as people can get themselves lathered up in to a frenzy on "what could be" and then when the details come out they are emotionally let down.
OutlawAG04
WWR touching $5 PM...
austinAG90
AG
Wednesday Macros

10's Break Through 1.50 as Momentum Players Ignore Inflation

Treasuries and EGBs (Euro Govt Bonds) rallied significantly overnight with the space in 10 years better by about 4 basis... There are changing tones towards inflation or ignoring inflation totally...We guess that the overnight rise of 9% for Chinese PPI or tomorrow's expectation of 4.7% for CPI, are being dwarfed by the momentum players of CTA's , Fast money, risk parity funds...granted there has been buying by Banks for HQLA, that we talked about yesterday, and pension funds derisking... But the move overnight was highlighted by a massive buyer of ultra futures at 4 am . Nothing liking taking today's 10 year auction at the highs... Squeezing any set up in shorts for the auction...buying at the highs is Never a good entry point, especially with a very strong resistance level of 1.47 next up. 5 years and bonds broke to new lows... We will see whether these are sustained through CPI and the 30 year auction tomorrow... Maybe there is a shortage of bonds and too much money looking for yields... We still are not a believer, but we warned that 10 years could reach 1.47...

Corporate issuance was less yesterday than Monday, but it still puts us at over 27 billion for the first two days of the week... It looked like HY CDX would break to new tights yesterday but spreads rebounded at the end of the day to close a smidgen tighter... In junk 4 borrowers priced 2.6 billion yesterday, including an upsized offering from Microstrategy... Who in their right mind would want to risk buying a bond on a company that is buying the most volatile asset in the world , which is Bitcoin... Bonds are for safe investments... Or at least buy converts where you get some upside... But conservative bonds at 6.125 yield backed by how Bitcoin does not give you any upside, with plenty of downside risk...??? Meanwhile we see corporations continue to buy back their debt to do financial engineering... GE has increased their tenders to 7 billion.

Give the next move to the Central Banks, especially the Fed and the ECB.. They have convinced many that inflation is transitory and that they will continue to buy bonds at a record pace... One could see the frustration in Gundlach's presentation yesterday, a good one for sure... He tried to talk up inflation, saying if housing prices were used instead of owner equivalent rent, CPI would be double to 8.4%... He talked about gold/copper ratios indicating a 10 year at 2.5%, while other stats indicate a 3% 10 year... He went on further to CCC debt , where most of the bonds, which have calls, are trading right below par... Historically when that happens, within two quarters you will have a double digit loss in this space.... Again he has been wrong, but we understand his frustration..

Traders have been bulldozed by momentum players once again... There is no liquidity in treasuries and the momentum players just go to the futures markets...the tug of war between those that are worried about inflation (us) and those that believe it is transitory continues...the Fed does not believe that wage pressures can exist in a world with 5.8% unemployment, they are in full denial... We will stick with what we learned in our freshman economics class, wage inflation is real and will bite the Fed hard... But for now we are giving the momentum players their room to push rates lower... Equities will continue to benefit.
McInnis 03
AG
FJ43 said:

Watched a few videos yesterday that dove deeper in to delta hedging on the market maker side than I've ever really tried to pay attention to and it was quite thought provoking. The thesis was that as we get closer to monthly expiration, the volatility decreases because the probabilities of OTM puts and calls going ITM decreases and so the hedging needed eventually minimizes and so the buying/selling of shares to cover risk minimizes. It was really enjoyable to watch; however, it also explains the chop during OPEX. It seems we may be approaching that point now already a week ahead of time with the fact we've basically pinned the same close on ES for 3 days in a row.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Madagascar
AG
Could OA or someone who is able please help me understand if there were any indicators on the chart that predicted the jump? I'm having trouble seeing any particular patterns aside from the volume jump which seems arbitrary. TIA

ibdm98
AG
When WSB gets involved, throw everything else out the window.
zag213004
AG
Carlo4 said:

sts7049 said:

Holy crap. I took my profits and ran yesterday as I didn't expect it to keep going like this. Very happy with what I have unless this goes to 100.

No ragrets

Dear diary alert:

I have a knack for not selling covered calls on stocks where it's perfect for doing so... Early days of MGNI, WWR spike, ELOX, CWH

But also selling covered calls or sell way too early on stocks that go on crazy runs: QD, MGNI (sold at 19 then proceeded to run to 60), MVIS (9 &10 cc then proceeded to run to the 20s shortly after),

And don't get me started on buying options

And now CLOV:
was in at 14, averaged to 11,
sold 1 covered call at 16 after 35% gain,
next day sold half (200shares) at cup completion (16.5),
and after almost a 65% run in 2 days I sold a covered call for remaining shares (100) at $20.

And now it's pushing 27-28.

It's all on me, I have made money but have been leaving significant money on the table.

I have learned so much in a short time and I have a lot to learn still. I know I have violated/contradicted many of the trading strategies/rules (even though I strive to stick by them), it just hurts missing both sides of it.

That all being said I look forward to the next trade/mass accumulation to make more money

Sorry, rant over... Proceed with your daily scheduled programming.
Carlo4
AG
McInnis 03 said:

LONG SCHLOSSNAGLE!

Anyone else imagining the Frau from Austin Powers yelling this?
McInnis 03
AG
The chart didn't tell this kind of story, if it did someone would have said to load up on CLOV at any value prior to the surge.

What likely happened is the REDDIT kids decided they'd squeeze CLOV in the best way they could so they bought the CRAP out of OTM calls, thereby forcing market makers who sold those calls short to buy up shares en masse in order to insure they had shares to cover their short obligations. This cycle goes onto massive overload when you start to add in the folks who were short (high % on CLOV) getting their asses handed to them by this runup and they start to buy back their short shares as well. You get double amplification of the rise which is what happened with GME, AMC, etc. The REDDIT kids know the recipe. It's the coordination and timing that has to be executed to pull it off. It's also what's going to get their asses handed to them if the SEC ever figures out or decides to make examples of someone.

That being said. GO CLOV.

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 3987 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.