Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,077,512 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by El_duderino
BullSprig07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BullSprig07 said:

BullSprig07 said:

$SU Suncor, Canadian oil co.

Took a small position in the 22.5 June 18 call yesterday morning and it is making me look way smarter than I am.

I went heavier into SU calls today, farther out and up
  • options still look super cheap to me
  • talk of crude hitting $80 in the near future (pent up travel demand, and supply still down)
  • still a lot of room to run to it's pre-covid level
  • let me know if I'm missing something here

Water Turkey07
bmoochie
AG
Traded one and have just been following along because it's fascinating the way he talks.
Brewmaster
AG
Saltyag15 said:

Anybody adding SNDL on this pullback? Down 13% on the day.
not yet. I'll wait for the smoke to clear...they could still drop it back to 1.04 (200 day ema).
FJ43

Going into next week with...

6/11:
JMIA 33C
SKLZ 21C
TWTR 60C
CRM 240C

6/15
VIX 18C

6/18
NIO 45C
VEON 2C
PLTR 30C

7/16
NXTD 1.5C (rolled)
RMO 20C (rolled)

9/17
VEON 2C

Flat on SPY
bmoochie
AG
Yes I have noticed that. I watched his little YouTube video he pinned and he says that in there. He has some losers the last few weeks but naturally no mention of those. I like some of the other follows this board has mentioned cause I like to know the why abd details. I want to learn.
FJ43

Test SPY & Scalping 10k Cash Account

Week 1: $3,780
Week 2: (3 full days & 1 trade yesterday before shut down) - $2,180

10k< 15,960
bigtoneag
AG
Took our kids up there a couple weeks ago. Great time!

Mammoth Site in Hot Springs was better than I expected.

Kids loved Bear Country outside of Keystone.

Stayed in a cabin at Powder House Lodge. Their restaurant is really good too.
FTAG 2000
AG
Badlands National Park is pretty unique too.
gougler08
AG
You could flip those MVIS calls for at least a 50% gain depending on how you time it on that rip
BlueTaze
DNN trying break out of its 4mo channel
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Feels like a nice green day to end the week.

AMC = Think I will sell 6/11-$63 Call (covered) before the Close *** ETA: Filled $7.72

CVX = Trying to sell some 6/18-$110 Calls (covered) for $1.20 *** ETA: Filled $1.20

Not much else.

We are baking in South Dakota with temps over 90.
It was a heck of a week!

Have a great weekend!
ClutchCityAg
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Trying an ES long here.......4201.50
closing 2/5ths here at 4205
Sold another 1/5th at 4206.

Moving stop on remainder to Breakeven.

Still going to watch for what I described above.

I'd love to let bigger positions run, but at this point I have to take profits to build cash flow.
That ES runner got stopped on a trailing stop at 4212.5

I have NQ runner still running with a 40pt trailer. It's a 100 pt runner now if it gets stopped.
The last NQ runner just stopped. Final run was 156 pts.

I freaking like futures.
Not sure how to find how many points I won today, but I was paper trading ES and netted 8K in profits.

Using the book trader and tic's levels is so fun, and not having to worry about decay and IV like options is nice too. I freaking like futures too.
Let it ride
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
I think I should send you some money to manage.
ibdm98
AG
VEON is an interesting one to watch. Someone REALLY doesn't want it over $1.90. Huge selling volume comes in every time it gets close but ... that ascending triangle is getting tighter and tighter.
Spoony Love
AG
Thanks for the earlier tip FJ. Went in and out today and got a few bucks off this call.

Dropped it for the weekend and took the profit from a one day trade.

AgEng06
AG
Thank you, sir.
FJ43
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

I think I should send you some money to manage.
I was thinking I need to send mine to you.
FJ43
Spoony Love said:

Thanks for the earlier tip FJ. Went in and out today and got a few bucks off this call.

Dropped it for the weekend and took the profit from a one day trade.

Congrats! Glad it worked out for you. More to come.

Take momma for a nice dinner and next week will be here before you know it.
AgCPA95
AG
$MVIS starting to move up some AH.
RenoAg
BlueTaze said:

I sold half my DNN at 1.36 figuring it wouldn't break out and could buy back in later probably in low 1.20s. But who knows.
FJ43

Idea for everyone...

Was thinking about getting a WEBEX, Zoom or whatever call sometime for anyone who wants to share a screen or two and learn some quick charting fundamentals for identifying support, resistance, trend lines & volume. Potential breakouts and possible entry. Iron sharping iron sort of deal shared screens.

IMO support/resistance and trend lines must be mastered before much else. Nothing crazy with all the studies like MACD, SAR, RSI, Bollinger, etc. but those are all good as well.

Just basic blocking and tackling.

ibdm98
AG
RenoAg said:

BlueTaze said:

I sold half my DNN at 1.36 figuring it wouldn't break out and could buy back in later probably in low 1.20s. But who knows.
Monday will be the day to watch on this one. 5/27 and 6/1 both closed above resistance (~1.30ish) but promptly closed below the next day. Will be interesting to see if it closes above $1.30 on Monday.
ibdm98
AG
Love this idea, I'm game. I can host a Zoom meeting if there is broad interest.
cptthunder
$NMG which is the Canadian equivalent of WWR Ive brought up a couple times looks to have thrown a green hammer down on the daily(Still low volume which isnt ideal). Any of you big brain chart gurus have any thougts on it?
On watch for a reversal hopefully
Cloud
I'm carrying CRM 340 into next week as well. I'll be on vacation but will be keeping an eye on things. Ya'll have a great weekend.
FTAG 2000
AG
Mr President Elect said:

AG 2000' said:

Can we talk about averaging down for a minute?

Have some stuff from Q1 that I'm stuck on right now. With the correction / drop coming, feels like a good time (if there is one) to average down.

But having finished Master the Trade, Carter talks about averaging down being a fools errand. I know no method or concept is an absolute, but he makes the point multiple times in his book about how dumb averaging down like that is.

Thoughts?

BTW, I'm working off one data point which is being stuck on FUBO and just got green on it this week by buying at the low a few weeks back. So I know it can be done, but haven't been through a big drop like most folks think is coming.

Most of his trades are for pretty short turnaround. I wouldn't take it as gospel when talking about mid to long-term trades (investments). Also you should have conviction on why to get into something, if it doesn't move in the direction you are expecting, then as he would say that employee is doing a bad job and you should cut them loose. If you were in a monthly option position and it started to move against you, you for the most part shouldn't be averaging down.

But owning the stock opposed to options and it being part of a larger macro movement that caused it to go down... if you still like the stock then I don't think there is anything wrong with averaging down on it for accumulation.

Thanks for this.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
FJ43 said:

Idea for everyone...

Was thinking about getting a WEBEX, Zoom or whatever call sometime for anyone who wants to share a screen or two and learn some quick charting fundamentals for identifying support, resistance, trend lines & volume. Potential breakouts and possible entry. Iron sharping iron sort of deal shared screens.

IMO support/resistance and trend lines must be mastered before much else. Nothing crazy with all the studies like MACD, SAR, RSI, Bollinger, etc. but those are all good as well.

I'm dumber than a bar of soap, but I'm in. I think I've been getting pretty close to the levels you've been posting on SPY, but there are a few discrepancies.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
FJ43 said:

Idea for everyone...

I'll do it.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FJ43
Maximus_Meridius said:

FJ43 said:

Idea for everyone...

I'm dumber than a bar of soap, but I'm in. I think I've been getting pretty close to the levels you've been posting on SPY, but there are a few discrepancies.
We can all learn from each other and Lord knows I need the help.

Wouldn't worry about small discrepancies since I'd bet 10 of us could chart SPY as an example and all get slightly different numbers on cents. But we should at least be close anyway.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

FJ43 said:

Idea for everyone...

I'll do it.
That would be great. Could be fun and I'm confident it would help many of us out.
tlepoC
AG
Agree. I'm in. Some days I get it and some days my charting is just scribbling.
cptthunder
FJ43 said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

FJ43 said:

Idea for everyone...

We can all learn from each other and Lord knows I need the help.

Wouldn't worry about small discrepancies since I'd bet 10 of us could chart SPY as an example and all get slightly different numbers on cents. But we should at least be close anyway.
Have you spent time around geologist? This sound way to familiar....support/restistance = formation tops and bottoms
Spaceship
AG
ENZC was a beast this week and I think still has quite a bit of runway.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Right back at you bro.

I think it's important to spend time with other traders. We are all just somewhere on our journey.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Cartographer
I am interested in contributing to/attending a charting session.

Also I have one of the copies of the Handbook of Technical Analysis from the group that I would like to pass on. Message me here and I will get it sent out.

Cheers!
First Page Last Page
Page 3963 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.