Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,079,064 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by El_duderino
djmeen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$ELOX with the crafty "Price Is Right" move after a strong open. Quick drop back to $1.78 now.

Red Red Wine
AG
Okay, so how does ELOX go from over $2.20 to now less than 1.90 in less than 2 hours. Did I miss some news on them killing babies or something?
Deplorable
I like COIN at this price.
djmeen95
AG
Red Red Wine said:

Okay, so how does ELOX go from over $2.20 to now less than 1.90 in less than 2 hours. Did I miss some news on them killing babies or something?

Same thing I was wondering!

Heck, in this market the thing that usually triggers a drop like this is blowing past earnings expectations. Lol.
astros4545
AG
MBIO pop
FbgTxAg
AG
Red Red Wine said:

Dunno but I bought some shares at 1.75. It can now resume its climb.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Thundergon
djmeen95 said:

Red Red Wine said:

Heck, in this market the thing that usually triggers a drop like this is blowing past earnings expectations. Lol.
OA explained it really well on Twitter. The slow grinds up are harder to motivate shorts, while a rapid price ascension gives shorts the motivation and footing to bring it back down just as hard. $2.25 was stiff resistance as well as the 50SMA so it was a great entry for them to short there. We hit model T perfectly at $1.75 on the retrace. I've learned alot from him following this trade.
Ccutamu
MBIO is having a nice day. Up 10%.
astros4545
AG
Ccutamu said:

I'm able to sell some 0.05 calls for June $5
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
astros4545 said:

Ccutamu said:

Don't. Catalyst soon. Wait.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Ccutamu
$30,000 Millionaire said:

astros4545 said:

Ccutamu said:

Thanks $30K. I was about to do the same. Timeline on catalyst???
Bird Poo
AG
Ccutamu said:

astros4545 said:

Ccutamu said:

Thanks $30K. I was about to do the same. Timeline on catalyst???

I think it's in about a week. They're presenting at a conference.
Mr President Elect
AG
AG 2000' said:

Can we talk about averaging down for a minute?

Have some stuff from Q1 that I'm stuck on right now. With the correction / drop coming, feels like a good time (if there is one) to average down.

But having finished Master the Trade, Carter talks about averaging down being a fools errand. I know no method or concept is an absolute, but he makes the point multiple times in his book about how dumb averaging down like that is.

Thoughts?

BTW, I'm working off one data point which is being stuck on FUBO and just got green on it this week by buying at the low a few weeks back. So I know it can be done, but haven't been through a big drop like most folks think is coming.

Most of his trades are for pretty short turnaround. I wouldn't take it as gospel when talking about mid to long-term trades (investments). Also you should have conviction on why to get into something, if it doesn't move in the direction you are expecting, then as he would say that employee is doing a bad job and you should cut them loose. If you were in a monthly option position and it started to move against you, you for the most part shouldn't be averaging down.

But owning the stock opposed to options and it being part of a larger macro movement that caused it to go down... if you still like the stock then I don't think there is anything wrong with averaging down on it for accumulation.
Aggie118
AG
Is now a good time to load up on some ELOX? Sorry I'm at work and don't have time to scroll through the thread. Thanks
Mr President Elect
AG
djmeen95 said:

Red Red Wine said:

Ehhh, stocks take the stairs up and the elevator down.
H-town ag
AG
The AMC kids usually roll out of bed around 10:30 / 11am to start trading. Watch.
ag94whoop
AG

astros4545 said:

Ccutamu said:

So I hear you saying buy June calls today
FJ43

NIO having a nice few days. Nice to see this one coming back.
FJ43

Hmmmm...wondering if now is the time to buy a few late June/early July VIX 19 or 20C?
jwhitlock3
FJ43 said:

Hmmmm...wondering if now is the time to buy a few late June/early July VIX 19 or 20C?

Had the same thought. Opened 6/23 18/20 call spreads at .70
ag94whoop
AG
FJ43 said:

NIO having a nice few days. Nice to see this one coming back.
I bought June 11 calls at 1.59 and they are still red. Need a run on NIO, SKLZ and JMIA to make me feel better about my TDA account...lol and SOS, SINO, and IMMR if im dreaming
fooz
ELOX CC 7/16 $2.5 just filled @ .35
FJ43
FJ43
jwhitlock3 said:

FJ43 said:

I went ahead and picked up some 6/15 18C for grins. Small. If we get any meaningful volatility spike next week they should pay.
FJ43

Lotto
AMZN 3225C
Entry $2.35
May be flagging after nice spike up.

Can go to zero quick.
RenoAg
So does today's employment report change anyone's view on a correction happening soon? Just timeline-wise, wouldn't this suggest a delay in tapering talk? No need to dump small caps or tech just yet? See if this wave runs a bit longer?
trip98
AG

astros4545 said:

Ccutamu said:

agreed....look at volume for the last 5-10 days....multiple times of buys with very little selling afterwards. Even looking at 1-2 day volume you can really see it.

I'm watching to sell covered calls too but when I see buy volume with little selling in my novice mind that means be patient and I've seen OA1 say something similar in regards to volume flow like this
trip98
AG
FJ43 said:

I've got July 21C on my watchlist....was 3.30 yesterday and down to 2.90 a bit ago. I'll probably pick up one.

also looking at SPY July 380 or 385 or 390
ag94whoop
AG
FJ43 said:

jwhitlock3 said:

FJ43 said:

I went ahead and picked up some 6/15 18C for grins. Small. If we get any meaningful volatility spike next week they should pay.
what price did you get in at...it seems to be hovering about 1.35 now
FJ43

Trade idea

CRM
6/11 - 240C
Broken this weeks downtrend today.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am having major indecision on whether or not to take profits in Google now or let it keep rolling.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FJ43

I am having major indecision on whether or not to take profits in Google now or let it keep rolling.
A lot can happen over a weekend and into early next week.
Ft.Worth_Ag
AG
FJ43 said:

Trade idea

CRM
6/11 - 240C
In at $1.67
FJ43
Ft.Worth_Ag said:

FJ43 said:

Trade idea

CRM
6/11 - 240C
In at $1.67
May get a little cool off here but we will see.

Downtrend break caught my attention. Need over $238 to give it a go but have a week.
MT is 241.63...ish
TubTub
Bought SPY 420 put lotto because I'm a degenerate
First Page Last Page
Page 3960 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.