Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,077,447 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by El_duderino
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Billy Baroo said:

I'm at the point where I almost wish Cathie would stop buying PLTR, just to get the target off it's back.
Reddit / WSB stepping in from retail to help her out would be interesting. And, I have no idea if retail could help.
BlueTaze
Will we hear from Cathie Wood soon talking about how happy and bullish she is?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Can someone decipher the WWR earnings report? Trying to figure out the takeaways from this.

It looks like a lot of cash is a plus. Wondering if they will have to issue more shares diluting us. I skimmed the report last night but was looking for the key takeaways
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Thinking of doing a DIS 180-182$ ER call lotto here.
BlueTaze
Aggiesincebirth said:

Can someone decipher the WWR earnings report? Trying to figure out the takeaways from this.

It looks like a lot of cash is a plus. Wondering if they will have to issue more shares diluting us. I skimmed the report last night but was looking for the key takeaways

Listening now....

+1 (855) 669-9658 (U.S. and Canada)
+1 (412) 317-0088 (International)
Replay Access Code 6297
59 South
AG
Been looking at the voodoo on ARRK. It's pretty clear that Cathie is getting straight out attacked in an orderly fashion by her rival hedgies. Shorting it / buying puts has become the obvious play, and now that it is obvious, it means the brutal selloff in that space is likely getting close to being done. If you're long those types like TSLA (NIO by proxy), SQ, ROKU, PLTR, etc..., what we want to see is a big volume capitulation in ARKK. Flash on 90 from here I think might do it. Notice all those 90 puts that keep getting bought? The short covering and selling those long puts will turn the tide at 90.

Lots of ways to play this, but if that happens, selling ARRK $90 puts out a few weeks could work, as could buying one of those fundamentally sound names... PLTR is the obvious one.

As always, mind the sig... I'm just a dumb redneck stranded in a very weird place...
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
FTAG 2000
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Bought some more ARKK here.
What's your thought process?

The hedgies and shorts are gunning for it continually, and any stock that's part of the portfolio.

They seem like they are on a mission to take it back to pre-covid price (down in the 50s).
ProgN
But you make British women swoon when you say "tea and crumpets" and "yes ma'am" with a Texas drawl.
59 South
AG
AG 2000' said:

Rice and Fries said:

The hedgies and shorts are gunning for it continually, and any stock that's part of the portfolio.

They seem like they are on a mission to take it back to pre-covid price (down in the 50s).
"They" will stop the mission once retail jumps on the train which is starting to happen already.
ProgN
AG 2000' said:

Rice and Fries said:

JMO but Wall Street is filled with alpha males with inflated egos and don't like all the attention and fawning that she's been getting lately. They're trying to take her down a few notches.
59 South
AG
Prognightmare said:

But you make British women swoon when you say "tea and crumpets" and "yes ma'am" with a Texas drawl.
Brother, I haven't made any woman swoon in... well... I just don't think I ever have even in my "prime" regardless of nationality.

Hey on the bright side, pubs open for indoor seating on Monday after being mostly closed since the first week of November. Outside has been open since mid April, and I braved it in the cold and rain a few times until I just couldn't take it anymore!
ProgN
59 South said:

Prognightmare said:

Brother, I haven't made any woman swoon in... well... I just don't think I ever have even in my "prime" regardless of nationality.

Hey on the bright side, pubs open for indoor seating on Monday after being mostly closed since the first week of November. Outside has been open since mid April, and I braved it in the cold and rain a few times until I just couldn't take it anymore!
"We who are about to drink, salute you".
59 South
AG
Prognightmare said:

AG 2000' said:

Rice and Fries said:

JMO but Wall Street is filled with alpha males with inflated egos and don't like all the attention and fawning that she's been getting lately. They're trying to take her down a few notches.
I agree with this. They're trying to put her in her place, but they'll make money off the drama both ways just like the did on the way up, and now the way down....
ag94whoop
AG
Crazy that on a day when all 3 indexes are green, every single stock i own is red. Statistically that must be some sort of anomaly
RenoAg
gougler08 said:

ag94whoop said:

gougler08 said:

ag94whoop said:

Blows me away how fast gains erode in today's market. $3000 up in a $110k Acct and in 20 minutes it's all red again.
None of plays ever get enough momentum to sell calls on them nor do they grow high enough to sell without 40-50% losses. Just as they look like they might start rebounding they fall right back down and the yo-yo continues
Something I have to tell myself to stay focused is that if this account has long term holds, being down a bunch is only a loss if you sell. I assume you bought these companies as you thought they were strong in the future and/or on advice from this thread, so you have to move past them and either accumulate more at the low levels or ride it out for the rotation back in to these sector(s)

It does hurt me a lot to see MARA, MGNI, etc. be down so big but I managed them well at the beginning and got net free, so now it's time to hold and watch them bounce back up (hopefully)

That's good advice. Here's the crux. While I started the year lucky, I went on a week long window of horrible decisions, and didn't trade options at the time to help myself. Finally after stuff had fallen a ton already I tried starting options but it's only helped a limited amount because values have just fallen mostly.

Now I own
4500 shares of WWR at $7.82 avg cost
1300 shares of TLRY at $27.80 avg cost
9000 shares of SNDL at $1.52 avg cost
2200 shares of CLOV at $13.75 avg cost
Plus RIOT, FUBO and KIQ
This "play" Portfolio went from $145k to $172k to now $105k since January
I just loaded more KIQ and I think FUBO has enough juice in options that you could lower your cost base there on rips/dips

WWR was a mass accumulation play of OA so it's probably a wait for the rest of the year until it comes back up

The pot stocks are tough...not sure what to do there

Can't speak to the other positions but I'll speak to SNDL as I own some. There is ample opportunity to grind down your avg cost over time. There are weekly options on this. I've been able to grind mine down from 1.03/share to .90/share over roughly the last couple months and I'm not very good at this like some others are. It takes time and patience. But I choose to not just sit and do nothing. I can hope all I want for a rocketship to a higher price. But I'm going to continue to grind away at my cost while I wait. I know you've got much farther to go than I do. But I'd encourage you to at least start chipping away at it if you haven't already.
ProgN
Nasdaq will be red shortly
59 South
AG
ag94whoop said:

Crazy that on a day when all 3 indexes are green, every single stock i own is red. Statistically that must be some sort of anomaly
I have no sympathy for anyone on here who doesn't own CWH and/or ROKU.
Jet Black
It really does seem like almost every stock that has been talked about here is getting hammered.
gougler08
AG
RenoAg said:

gougler08 said:

ag94whoop said:

gougler08 said:

ag94whoop said:

Blows me away how fast gains erode in today's market. $3000 up in a $110k Acct and in 20 minutes it's all red again.
None of plays ever get enough momentum to sell calls on them nor do they grow high enough to sell without 40-50% losses. Just as they look like they might start rebounding they fall right back down and the yo-yo continues
Something I have to tell myself to stay focused is that if this account has long term holds, being down a bunch is only a loss if you sell. I assume you bought these companies as you thought they were strong in the future and/or on advice from this thread, so you have to move past them and either accumulate more at the low levels or ride it out for the rotation back in to these sector(s)

It does hurt me a lot to see MARA, MGNI, etc. be down so big but I managed them well at the beginning and got net free, so now it's time to hold and watch them bounce back up (hopefully)

That's good advice. Here's the crux. While I started the year lucky, I went on a week long window of horrible decisions, and didn't trade options at the time to help myself. Finally after stuff had fallen a ton already I tried starting options but it's only helped a limited amount because values have just fallen mostly.

Now I own
4500 shares of WWR at $7.82 avg cost
1300 shares of TLRY at $27.80 avg cost
9000 shares of SNDL at $1.52 avg cost
2200 shares of CLOV at $13.75 avg cost
Plus RIOT, FUBO and KIQ
This "play" Portfolio went from $145k to $172k to now $105k since January
I just loaded more KIQ and I think FUBO has enough juice in options that you could lower your cost base there on rips/dips

WWR was a mass accumulation play of OA so it's probably a wait for the rest of the year until it comes back up

The pot stocks are tough...not sure what to do there

Can't speak to the other positions but I'll speak to SNDL as I own some. There is ample opportunity to grind down your avg cost over time. There are weekly options on this. I've been able to grind mine down from 1.03/share to .90/share over roughly the last couple months and I'm not very good at this like some others are. It takes time and patience. But I choose to not just sit and do nothing. I can hope all I want for a rocketship to a higher price. But I'm going to continue to grind away at my cost while I wait. I know you've got much farther to go than I do. But I'd encourage you to at least start chipping away at it if you haven't already.

Agreed on SNDL...I just sold May 28 covered $1 calls on my whole position for $0.03, grinds down the cost average or if it spikes, I take my profit and move on
jimmo
orderly sell off for PLTR & CLOV
I have puts ITM
just trying to figure out when to take profit
just don't wanna mess it up (as usual)
BlueTaze
WWR has $118M in bank, and a $37M ongoing claim against Turkey.

On the call they did a bunch promo on their battery metals products, the market demand, and carbon footprint reduction. They are hiring about 140 folks over next year.

Potential catalysts prior to actual production in 2022+, include feasibility studies and exploration results.

https://wes****erresources.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/WWR-Q1-Op-Results-Call-13-May-2021-1.pdf
valverde03
AG
They have no debt any their cash exceeds current market cap. Just stupid that it is priced this low.
McInnis 03
AG
These TICK swings are way too robotic for me. I think someone is playing with their computer......they shut it down for lunch, and now they're back.

BlueTaze
valverde03 said:

They have no debt any their cash exceeds current market cap. Just stupid that it is priced this low.

Yeah, many long term investors have $30 - $500 share price breakevens due to several reverse splits. Now we are approaching commissioning and an EV boom down here at a $3-6 entry range, seems like any easy net free spec play from here.
Irish 2.0
I truly hate this market. I'm a permabull when it comes to trading, so I rarely short and I've only been playing bounces and scalps to the upside. I recognize levels, I just have this odd psychological thing about shorting stocks. I miss the buy, hold, and rip days. Need to hurry up and reclaim some levels so I can put my bull underwear back on
FTAG 2000
AG
59 South said:

AG 2000' said:

Rice and Fries said:

"They" will stop the mission once retail jumps on the train which is starting to happen already.
Where are you seeing retail jump on the train?
FTAG 2000
AG
VIX curling back up on the one minute.
ag94whoop
AG
WTF is up with CLOV
ProgN
I thought you wore a kilt.
ProgN
Market is in a correction, most stocks can't swim up stream.
Irish 2.0
Prognightmare said:

I thought you wore a kilt.
Not wearing underwear if I'm in the kilt...
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

These TICK swings are way too robotic for me. I think someone is playing with their computer......they shut it down for lunch, and now they're back.

Look at that TRIN though.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Here are the most recent times we've touched -2 ATR on the daily SPX and what has happened:

• May 12, 2021: TBD, time will tell
  • March 4, 2021: 100 point rally the next day and 250 points over the next 2 weeks
  • Jan 31, 2021: 100 point rally intraday, 300 points over the next 2 weeks
  • October 30, 2020: 400 points over the next 11 trading days
  • September 24, 2020: 450 points over the next 3 trading weeks

Could we go to -3 ATR right away, yes! Is it high probability to short here for huge return, no. Will we revert to the mean, yes!

June 4 427.5/430 spreads are .32 right now. I'll test your hypothesis!
Also still buying the snot out of crwd june 11 calls
FTAG 2000
AG
Anyone considering any Disney lottos? Feels like everything has been selling off after earnings, eyeing 5/21 puts.

bmoochie
AG
Ugh I had TSLA $560P I got late this morning and I got stopped out on that uptick back to $574 level. Just gross
First Page Last Page
Page 3849 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.