Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,078,830 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by El_duderino
Ags2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MARA taking an absolute beating. I just buy crypto direct now that I've lost a bunch through miners but dang that's an appealing price for a starter position.
Agvet12
AG
Nio still getting crushed
BrokeAssAggie
Agvet12 said:

I am holding the bag on some 6/18 calls.
Agvet12
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Agvet12 said:

I am holding the bag on some 6/18 calls.

I hear ya
irish pete ag06
AG
Those EMA clouds though.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am taking an NVDA 5/14 552.5P, stop loss $550.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
cageybee77
AG
Looks like another good day for watching. Ugh. I want some damm PT. Imma enter the portal soon.
Jet Black
Ags2013 said:

MARA taking an absolute beating. I just buy crypto direct now that I've lost a bunch through miners but dang that's an appealing price for a starter position.

It won't look appealing when mara is at $10.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
for options, that would be a stop around $7
59 South
AG
Which one of you guys went full on YOLO?!?

jj9000
AG
McInnis 03
AG
IT'S A TARP
McInnis 03
AG
Not doubting this.

tsuag10
AG
Can institutions write and buy options from themselves? Is that legal? Might be an easy way to show option flow like that.
JDTxAg98
AG
For you guys who look at RSI.... do you use the standard 70/30 bands or do you customize any (such as 75/25)?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I set a trailing stop on NVDA.

You should be up at least $1 per contract now.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
went ahead and took gains. boom.
jwhitlock3
MARA and RIOT both sitting at -3 ATR. Have to imagine they revert to the mean before long, hopefully before my credit spread goes max loss.
cageybee77
AG
I used to play with it, but since the RSI doesn't range into negative territory, I'm not sure it's useful these days.
MaroonDynasty
ARKK broke $100
McInnis 03
AG
JDTxAg98 said:

For you guys who look at RSI.... do you use the standard 70/30 bands or do you customize any (such as 75/25)?
change your period to 2, and then change your values to 90 and 10. I'll get you a video link that shows back testing to prove the RSI 2 is the GOTO on this.
McInnis 03
AG

Why RSI 2 is superior to all other periods, results for 2-14 shown.

5:07 starts the 20 year comparison of all periods.
McInnis 03
AG
One final note on RSI....remember that it's highly sensitive to the action that's recent since you're only using your period to compare, in my case, 2 bars.

During the day, we know volatility is greatest in the morning, and at the close......at lunch, 2 bars can mean a lot different than it does at 2:54pm CT.

Daily and weekly is your real honey-hole for RSI readings. You can use it intraday, but it gets noisier and not as reliable.
FJ43

Back in the saddle.

Ready to join you gents with the party.
irish pete ag06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

So is this based on the daily or is it based on the period of your choosing? I can't watch the video at the moment.
ag94whoop
AG
gougler08 said:

ag94whoop said:

Blows me away how fast gains erode in today's market. $3000 up in a $110k Acct and in 20 minutes it's all red again.
None of plays ever get enough momentum to sell calls on them nor do they grow high enough to sell without 40-50% losses. Just as they look like they might start rebounding they fall right back down and the yo-yo continues
Something I have to tell myself to stay focused is that if this account has long term holds, being down a bunch is only a loss if you sell. I assume you bought these companies as you thought they were strong in the future and/or on advice from this thread, so you have to move past them and either accumulate more at the low levels or ride it out for the rotation back in to these sector(s)

It does hurt me a lot to see MARA, MGNI, etc. be down so big but I managed them well at the beginning and got net free, so now it's time to hold and watch them bounce back up (hopefully)

That's good advice. Here's the crux. While I started the year lucky, I went on a week long window of horrible decisions, and didn't trade options at the time to help myself. Finally after stuff had fallen a ton already I tried starting options but it's only helped a limited amount because values have just fallen mostly.

Now I own
4500 shares of WWR at $7.82 avg cost
1300 shares of TLRY at $27.80 avg cost
9000 shares of SNDL at $1.52 avg cost
2200 shares of CLOV at $13.75 avg cost
Plus RIOT, FUBO and KIQ
This "play" Portfolio went from $145k to $172k to now $105k since January
JDTxAg98
AG
McInnis 03 said:

One final note on RSI....remember that it's highly sensitive to the action that's recent since you're only using your period to compare, in my case, 2 bars.

During the day, we know volatility is greatest in the morning, and at the close......at lunch, 2 bars can mean a lot different than it does at 2:54pm CT.

Daily and weekly is your real honey-hole for RSI readings. You can use it intraday, but it gets noisier and not as reliable.
Appreciate all the info. I don't use it much but I'm at least trying to learn what it's saying. This context on volatility time of day is something I hadn't thought of. Thanks again
McInnis 03
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

McInnis 03 said:

So is this based on the daily or is it based on the period of your choosing? I can't watch the video at the moment.
period of your choosing, but highest reliability on the daily or weekly. Lower the period, the lower the confidence. It's not "useless" on a 1 minute, but you'll get a signal every 5-10 minutes or more.
ryanhnc10
AG
If you were going to start a position in TLRY or SNDL, which would you choose?
irish pete ag06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

McInnis 03 said:

period of your choosing, but highest reliability on the daily or weekly. Lower the period, the lower the confidence. It's not "useless" on a 1 minute, but you'll get a signal every 5-10 minutes or more.
Cool. Thanks. I am really trying to move back to daily and weekly charts more and more. Hourly is as low as I'm going at the moment.
gougler08
AG
ag94whoop said:

gougler08 said:

ag94whoop said:

Blows me away how fast gains erode in today's market. $3000 up in a $110k Acct and in 20 minutes it's all red again.
None of plays ever get enough momentum to sell calls on them nor do they grow high enough to sell without 40-50% losses. Just as they look like they might start rebounding they fall right back down and the yo-yo continues
Something I have to tell myself to stay focused is that if this account has long term holds, being down a bunch is only a loss if you sell. I assume you bought these companies as you thought they were strong in the future and/or on advice from this thread, so you have to move past them and either accumulate more at the low levels or ride it out for the rotation back in to these sector(s)

It does hurt me a lot to see MARA, MGNI, etc. be down so big but I managed them well at the beginning and got net free, so now it's time to hold and watch them bounce back up (hopefully)

That's good advice. Here's the crux. While I started the year lucky, I went on a week long window of horrible decisions, and didn't trade options at the time to help myself. Finally after stuff had fallen a ton already I tried starting options but it's only helped a limited amount because values have just fallen mostly.

Now I own
Plus RIOT, FUBO and KIQ
I just loaded more KIQ and I think FUBO has enough juice in options that you could lower your cost base there on rips/dips

WWR was a mass accumulation play of OA so it's probably a wait for the rest of the year until it comes back up

The pot stocks are tough...not sure what to do there
tramaro1
AG
Why didn't I hold my tsla $605 puts?? Oh well made a nice gain off playing tsla puts this week.
Billy Baroo
AG
I'm at the point where I almost wish Cathie would stop buying PLTR, just to get the target off it's back.
ag94whoop
AG
gougler08 said:

ag94whoop said:

gougler08 said:

ag94whoop said:

Now I own
Plus RIOT, FUBO and KIQ
I just loaded more KIQ and I think FUBO has enough juice in options that you could lower your cost base there on rips/dips

WWR was a mass accumulation play of OA so it's probably a wait for the rest of the year until it comes back up

The pot stocks are tough...not sure what to do there

Yeah I own 10000 shares of KIQ at avg cost of 0.83. No options and it trades low volume so I may just wait it out.
Hate the fact that the moment I bought heavy it nosedived for the first time in months lol
Rice and Fries
Bought some more ARKK here.
First Page Last Page
Page 3848 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.