Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,081,539 Views | 231779 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://reddit.com/r/stocks/comments/nanrlu/i_analyzed_9000_trades_made_by_members_of_the_us/

Pretty crazy. How is Congress trading not more regulated?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
FJ43 said:

VIX climbing again
My HNDL barometer of Tech/Bonds now down $0.35. More bleeding on the way.
TMOOSE
VXX 9/17 $60 for 5.9 MIL!
wanderer
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Portfolio down 5 digits from the top.

Cool, cool, cool...

I'd be as happy as a schoolgirl if I was able to say that
FJ43
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

FJ43 said:

VIX climbing again
My HNDL barometer of Tech/Bonds now down $0.35. More bleeding on the way.
All I have is downside plays other than a net free call on RBLX. Taking everything trade wise off the table before close.

Would love to see 406.10ish range then bull pivot to play.
cageybee77
AG
Omg - UWMC Taking off!!!

....lol
oldarmy1
AG
Hi ho gang. This slow bleed is only the beginning IMO. Remember once the effort to sell off is realized by regular traders there is yet a ways to go. These things end in a bang. It's a good time to be so busy you aren't trading.

401.25 is a gap area but I can see 375 area with fireworks. I do about the same every May. We got lucky on that $140 AAPL target to exit. For stocks to hold I enter Puts near the money out 3 weeks and sell a covered call out 6 weeks plus on 25% to pay for most if not all.

PLTR example. I am in $20 Puts out to May 28th on entire position and used 23% of shares owned against a August $20 covered call. I used the Model T call tweeted to look for $18.55 to sell the $20 Puts and then reset those for May 28th $19's on the bounce above $19.

Now that's a small stock with smaller premiums. For my large holdings of $100+ I do the same thing but give $5 away on the Put side and $5 higher on the covered call side to essentially create the same dynamic.

I continue to be in the throws of corporate movements and with these markets there isn't much to do for now.

GO AWAY IN MAY
McInnis 03
AG
TMOOSE said:

#BlackSwan
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03 said:

TMOOSE said:

#BlackSwan
Hedge
texagbeliever
Another random point. A geomagnetic disturbance occurred today. This has been correlated to downturns in the stock market by the logic that the disturbance throws off the body chemistry which causes depression and health issues.

Here is what happened today: https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/station-k-and-indices

Here is a presentation about it:

The idea is that there is a slight lag after a disturbance where people are less optimistic and more biased to sell. If the market manages to time this with a down turn before hand it could multiply the effect.
FTAG 2000
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Hi ho gang. This slow bleed is only the beginning IMO. Remember once the effort to sell off is realized by regular traders there is yet a ways to go. These things end in a bang. It's a good time to be so busy you aren't trading.

401.25 is a gap area but I can see 375 area with fireworks. I do about the same every May. We got lucky on that $140 AAPL target to exit. For stocks to hold I enter Puts near the money out 3 weeks and sell a covered call out 6 weeks plus on 25% to pay for most if not all.

PLTR example. I am in $20 Puts out to May 28th on entire position and used 23% of shares owned against a August $20 covered call. I used the Model T call tweeted to look for $18.55 to sell the $20 Puts and then reset those for May 28th $19's on the bounce above $19.

Now that's a small stock with smaller premiums. For my large holdings of $100+ I do the same thing but give $5 away on the Put side and $5 higher on the covered call side to essentially create the same dynamic.

I continue to be in the throws of corporate movements and with these markets there isn't much to do for now.

GO AWAY IN MAY
Are you saying you sold puts and a covered call on top? Just trying to follow fully.
cageybee77
AG
I had one of those this morning at my "regular" time. I'm not sure how I feel about it though.
ProgN
texagbeliever said:

Another random point. A geomagnetic disturbance occurred today. This has been correlated to downturns in the stock market by the logic that the disturbance throws off the body chemistry which causes depression and health issues.

Here is what happened today: https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/station-k-and-indices

The idea is that there is a slight lag after a disturbance where people are less optimistic and more biased to sell. If the market manages to time this with a down turn before hand it could multiply the effect.
**** it!

I'm hope Jesus returns and let's get this crap over with.
FJ43
Amen brother
ProgN
Have you and your dad worked any fishing into your schedule?
texagbeliever
It didn't sound like having an event was that odd (can have a couple in a year). Just a note of potential downward bias next week possibly.
jj9000
AG
texagbeliever said:

Here is what happened today:

Inflation ain't got nothin to do with the Milky Way, brother.
OKC~Ag
Looks like another bad day...

Hope Thursday and Friday will be better.( I bought securities today....historically bought too early and down trend continued) will see...
texagbeliever
jj9000 said:

texagbeliever said:

Here is what happened today:

Inflation ain't got nothin to do with the Milky Way, brother.
This is more of a technicals vs fundamentals type of view. Fundamentally the market appears to be overvalued. That is true. The technicals is that people are potentially to be off and biased to sell over the next week or so. This is possible? Don't make any major stock decisions on this though!
E
AG
Is it too late to sell and go away in May then rebuy at lower levels later on?

Asking for a friend...
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
VIX = 27.08 (15 minute lag)
oldarmy1
AG
I'm saying I bought Puts to protect against big downside and sold covered calls on up to 25% of shares held to offset the cost of the Put premium paid. Something else I do is if I see an opportunity to buy the expiring calls at a pivot point I'll do that for a opportunity to create a quick gain further offsetting put premiums.

That usually is a Thursday or even Friday event with premium decay accelerating.

A lot of mass accumulation holdings you just take it on the chin short term. I switched a portfolio to that model and its fared worse than others short term. Even with hedges there will be losses showing as we go through the cycles.
oldarmy1
AG
He has been flaunting it in my face.
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

Is it too late to sell and go away in May then rebuy at lower levels later on?

Asking for a friend...
https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/0dce4d02-85c7-4fad-b03f-e3cb3ee382fa
FTAG 2000
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I'm saying I bought Puts to protect against big downside and sold covered calls on up to 25% of shares held to offset the cost of the Put premium paid. Something else I do is if I see an opportunity to buy the expiring calls at a pivot point I'll do that for a opportunity to create a quick gain further offsetting put premiums.

That usually is a Thursday or even Friday event with premium decay accelerating.

A lot of mass accumulation holdings you just take it on the chin short term. I switched a portfolio to that model and its fared worse than others short term. Even with hedges there will be losses showing as we go through the cycles.
Thank you OA
Agswinning
oldarmy1 said:

This. Learned this lesson the hard way last year and sold some too early.
McInnis 03
AG
There's a lil bit of rippy......some folks don't want to be short into the night.......
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

texagbeliever said:

**** it!

I'm hope Jesus returns and let's get this crap over with.
Get in line brother. I'll run right next to the rider with the sword coming outta his mouth.
FJ43

Tried SPY calls on that pivot. Why did I do that? Dumb.

Added puts back and green already.
Jet Black
Mara down $35 off it's 52 week high.
BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

try it again..
FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

FJ43 said:

try it again..
LOL.. No my puts are green already. My only losing trade today was stupid calls on SPY.
ag94whoop
AG
Puts are still so confusing as they just seem ass backwards

I tried turning some puts and I think I made $8 on accident in like 1-2 minutes but I don't know what I did LOL
mazag08
AG
ag94whoop said:

I tried turning some puts and I think I made $8 on accident in like 1-2 minutes but I don't know what I did LOL
Buy puts - hope price tanks or simply to hedge downside. Money goes out with profit infinite.
Sell puts - hope price maintains or rises. Money comes in with profit capped.
FJ43
ag94whoop said:

Mentally.

When you buy calls you are taking the position it will go up.

When you buy puts you are taking the position it will go down.

Trade the trend an let technicals and SR levels determine if the trade is still valid.
First Page Last Page
Page 3842 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.