Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,028,815 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ProgN
cptthunder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

FJ43 said:

SPY

So far today less scalp trades as it is working narrow range between 394.10 & 393.40 for the most part. I suspect it will break one direction at some point.

Looks like some acceleration towards 393.40 this time, could break lower here with any volume
Yeah I missed a bunch more gain there. Hit my level and sold. All good. Added calls one stop too early but I am only buying ITM in this range. All 3/19s calls/puts. Have a little recovery to do on last buy.
Blind squirrel finding a nut on that one, Ive been following your SPY post and know youve just got going on this but is your plan to usually stick with Friday expiring options or at what point do you plan to skip to the next week?
FJ43
cptthunder said:

FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

FJ43 said:

SPY

So far today less scalp trades as it is working narrow range between 394.10 & 393.40 for the most part. I suspect it will break one direction at some point.

Looks like some acceleration towards 393.40 this time, could break lower here with any volume
Yeah I missed a bunch more gain there. Hit my level and sold. All good. Added calls one stop too early but I am only buying ITM in this range. All 3/19s calls/puts. Have a little recovery to do on last buy.
Blind squirrel finding a nut on that one, Ive been following your SPY post and know youve just got going on this but is your plan to usually stick with Friday expiring options or at what point do you plan to skip to the next week?
I began the day with a 3/17 put I added at close Friday. Sold into the opening dip. Since then I have been trading 3/19s. Probably Thursday and for sure Friday I will switch to next week

Same day are too sporty for me or I need to start drinking.

Edit: Also I am paying attention to SKEW, ATHs, etc. I will add more puts with those are high.
cptthunder
FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

FJ43 said:

SPY

I began the day with a 3/17 put I added at close Friday. Sold into the opening dip. Since then I have been trading 3/19s. Probably Thursday and for sure Friday I will switch to next week

Edit: Also I am paying attention to SKEW, ATHs, etc. I will add more puts with those are high.
Agree on the daily's especially on a Monday after time change with small children who dont get the idea of an hour difference at bedtime haha

Added to some April SPY hedges this morning along with some 3/26s with the SKEW above 140 again

Did you and your son knock any birds down?
ag94whoop
AG
I wonder how long FUBO and BLNK stay in this mid range.
I kinda expect both to jump significantly this week, as well as the cannibis stocks.

If I could just get DPW back to $6 and WWR back to $11 I would be happy.

CLOV has another 30-45 days before we see much action back to retracing I think, but hey wth do I know
BullSprig07
AG
ag94whoop said:

I wonder how long FUBO and BLNK stay in this mid range.
I kinda expect both to jump significantly this week, as well as the cannibis stocks.

If I could just get DPW back to $6 and WWR back to $11 I would be happy.

CLOV has another 30-45 days before we see much action back to retracing I think, but hey wth do I know
Water Turkey07
cptthunder
$BIGC
Interesting box forming on BIGC on the 15 minute; 61 --> 57 with flashes above to 62 and below 57

Gonna keep an eye on this if it ends up working its way back down to the bottom of the box for additional share entry and possible options
FJ43
cptthunder said:

FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

FJ43 said:

SPY

Agree on the daily's especially on a Monday after time change with small children who dont get the idea of an hour difference at bedtime haha

Added to some April SPY hedges this morning along with some 3/26s with the SKEW above 140 again

Did you and your son knock any birds down?
We did talk stocks so stock related.

McInnis 03
AG
That is some serious burder! Nice work!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FJ43
What a beautiful sight once you key on it. Notice the acceleration, 'tricksy' move and volume reversal.

OA - hope I got that right. If not it worked anyway.

Aggie118
AG
Are y'all selling any CC's for DNN? Think out to April is safe?
Boban
For some reason I sold all but 1 of my Apr 1 FB 280c from last week. Must have been in a rush. Come back for this astronaut please!
cptthunder
Just wanted to say thanks to who ever posted the snarky WARM comments a week or two ago; i think it heard you haha
Ccutamu
FJ43 said:

What a beautiful sight once you key on it. Notice the acceleration, 'tricky' move and volume reversal.

FJ... in this situation, did you buy an ITM call or did you go up a couple of tics?
Aggie118
AG
cptthunder said:

Just wanted to say thanks to who ever posted the snarky WARM comments a week or two ago; i think it heard you haha
FJ43
Ccutamu said:

FJ43 said:

What a beautiful sight once you key on it. Notice the acceleration, 'tricky' move and volume reversal.

FJ... in this situation, did you buy an ITM call or did you go up a couple of tics?
I switched to ITM/ATM only this week. Staying in the 393/394 range on calls and same on puts.

Well...for the most part anyway. I am not going +2 OTM.
Red Red Wine
AG
You just forgot the "s" in "tricksy" move.

McInnis 03
AG
$UUUU

Can buy stock at $7.05, and sell this week's $7 calls for $.60 right now. Or...April for twice that.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
jwhitlock3
Aggie118 said:

I sold April $2C on 1/4 of my shares this morning, if they execute those will push me towards a net free holding.
Ccutamu
FJ43 said:

Ccutamu said:

FJ43 said:

I switched to ITM/ATM only this week. Staying in the 393/394 range on calls and same on puts.

You say ITM/ATM only this week. Have you done something differently in weeks past and if so, why the change this week? Are you expecting things to trade sideways because of OPEX?
FJ43
I sure did! Typing fast and trying to not lose a $.
Aggie118
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

Aggie118 said:

I sold April $2C on 1/4 of my shares this morning, if they execute those will push me towards a net free holding.

Good idea
RigsTx
AG
Aggie118 said:

jwhitlock3 said:

Aggie118 said:

Good idea
I sold March $1.5C on 1/2 of my shares. If those execute I'll be net free on the remaining.
FJ43
Ccutamu said:

FJ43 said:

Ccutamu said:

FJ43 said:

You say ITM/ATM only this week. Have you done something differently in weeks past and if so, why the change this week? Are you expecting things to trade sideways because of OPEX?
The weekly OTM move but also higher risk if it moves away from you. If you get larger intraday swings like we did mid last week I was doing +2 OTM but these shorter intraday ranges I am just covering myself more. Also for scalping the weekly are a heck of a lot more fun. The out dates don't move as much for scalping although can possibly be less risk.

I went 3/19s in the event there is an unexpected move outside my 'lines'. I at least have a few days to make up. Unless of course it blows through something. Come Wednesday end of day though I will need to be positioned from at least what I saw last week.
Ccutamu
FJ43 said:

Ccutamu said:

FJ43 said:

Ccutamu said:

FJ43 said:

The weekly OTM move but also higher risk if it moves away from you. If you get larger intraday swings like we did mid last week I was doing +2 OTM but these shorter intraday ranges I am just covering myself more. Also for scalping the weekly are a heck of a lot more fun. The out dates don't move as much for scalping although can possibly be less risk.

I went 3/19s in the event there is an unexpected move outside my 'lines'. I at least have a few days to make up. Unless of course it blows through something. Come Wednesday end of day though I will need to be positioned from at least what I saw last week.
Thanks FJ.
Aggie118
AG
PSA: $REI earnings report is Wednesday.
mazag08
AG
Aggie118 said:

PSA: $REI earnings report is Wednesday.
$3,5 on the run up ---> Sell CC's

$3.25 after good earnings ---> Let them expire.

*This is wishful thinking, but would be awesome if it happens
DallasAg2
AG
I am all in at the moment. I must sell something to buy the next deal. Hoping for a great week!
stxag8
AG
Apologies if this is posted somewhere easily accessible, but I think I remember a spreadsheet being talked about for MA stocks that was a collaboration between posters on this board and OA. Is there a place I can find this?
HoustonAg_2009
Are we holding SNDL through earnings this Wednesday?
Brewmaster
AG
DallasAg2 said:

I am all in at the moment. I must sell something to buy the next deal. Hoping for a great week!
be careful, sell some on this pop. It is opex week, we could pop and drop or pop and chop.
TecRecAg
AG
Yeesh CX. Show some life
astros4545
AG
stxag8 said:

Apologies if this is posted somewhere easily accessible, but I think I remember a spreadsheet being talked about for MA stocks that was a collaboration between posters on this board and OA. Is there a place I can find this?
OA's Crypto and Blockchain Plays - Google Sheets
fightintxag13
AG
FJ43
fightintxag13 said:

Done.
FTAG 2000
AG
FJ43 said:

fightintxag13 said:

Done.
Done.
First Page Last Page
Page 3508 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.