Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,053,022 Views | 231676 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
HoustonAg2014
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agdaddy04 said:

For a day that's been so green for me, kind of interesting to see the decline on PSXP. It's been one strong one lately but trying to see if there's more to this.

I've heard rumblings of the parent company PSX potentially buying back PSXP. Not sure what that means for the stock as I don't know if they have to buy it at a premium or at market value. This is due to DAPL and Keystone being cut. Those were two big projects for PSXP.
Ags2013
AG
Aggies75455 said:

EGOC still waiting news and volume slowed of late. Currently has a bid in of 5,000,000 shares at .004

Somebody willing to throw a $20,000 roll of the dice at it.
Jumped to .005
agdaddy04
AG
Thanks
agdaddy04
AG
Not sure if anyone else bought the APPHW warrants awhile back, but this would be my first time to exercise a warrant. Saw this posted last week, but doesn't appear to be a way to do this online? Do you have to contact TDA rep to process?

https://investors.appharvest.com/static-files/19dbad44-fabd-4647-b5d1-1d3c975c7f70
RigsTx
AG
McInnis 03 said:

NNDM May $20 sweeping. Stock at $9
How often do you take a position after seeing these large sweeps?

Is there a volume trigger for you? Or does that just raise the antenna of maybe you should look at the stock?

I've seen Cheddar Flow as one of the better Options trackers out there. I'm assuming that is what you use also?
AggieChemist
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

MGTI Form 12-B filed with SEC:

Quote:

The Registrant is unable to file its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the period ended June 30, 2020 (the "Report") without unreasonable effort or expense as the Registrant does not currently have sufficient funds to pay its independent auditor to review its financial statements for the quarter ended June 30, 2020. The Registrant is in the process of seeking alternative providers to complete the review of its financial statements. Consequently, the Registrant will not be able to timely file the Form 10-Q due on August 14, 2020, without unreasonable effort or expense. The Registrant does not expect to be able to file within the additional time allowed by this report, however, it anticipates filing as soon as practicable once it obtains sufficient funds or identifies an alternative provider.

Well then...think this makes a rip when BTC makes it latest push or did I buy a dead horse?
Every time the stock comes up the silence is deafening.
McInnis 03
AG
RigsTx said:

McInnis 03 said:

Is there a volume trigger for you? Or does that just raise the antenna of maybe you should look at the stock?

I've seen Cheddar Flow as one of the better Options trackers out there. I'm assuming that is what you use also?
I've leaned on Irish on these things. For me it needs to be a SIGNIFICANT chunk of change, and honestly, timing has some to do with it. NNDM does earnings 3/11, if you see someone dropping Millions on call flow the day or week of options, it can be something I follow.

I've learned the hard way here too. NEVER blindly follow these with size, don't care what it looks like. Be reasonable in your sizing because you'll get burnt blindly following option flow.

This doesn't answer your question, but if I am following I usually post here "following with......" and describe what I'm doing.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
RigsTx said:

McInnis 03 said:

FWIW,

If I was following here I'd likely buy something like May 12.5's and sell May 20c's. $1 to make $7.50 in 2 months seems like nice risk/return for me.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
FJ43
AggieChemist said:

jwhitlock3 said:

Quote:

The Registrant is unable to file its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the period ended June 30, 2020 (the "Report") without unreasonable effort or expense as the Registrant does not currently have sufficient funds to pay its independent auditor to review its financial statements for the quarter ended June 30, 2020. The Registrant is in the process of seeking alternative providers to complete the review of its financial statements. Consequently, the Registrant will not be able to timely file the Form 10-Q due on August 14, 2020, without unreasonable effort or expense. The Registrant does not expect to be able to file within the additional time allowed by this report, however, it anticipates filing as soon as practicable once it obtains sufficient funds or identifies an alternative provider.

Well then...think this makes a rip when BTC makes it latest push or did I buy a dead horse?
I bought some as a flyer but nothing I have to watch. I have an alert set for it at .20 and other than that don't pay much attention to it. One of those EGOC types for me. Maybe someday....
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Maybe keep an eye on SNDL. Think it may try to get back to the $1.40s here then regroup.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

McInnis 03
AG
SNDL NHOD

B&I Key:
RigsTx
AG
McInnis 03 said:

RigsTx said:

McInnis 03 said:

FWIW,

If I was following here I'd likely buy something like May 12.5's and sell May 20c's. $1 to make $7.50 in 2 months seems like nice risk/return for me.
That makes sense. I really need to learn more about Spreads.

In your example, the risk is that it never gets above $12.5 and the calls expire worthless correct?

But if the stock is $19.99 at expiration, you close out the position for max profit.

I know you will always close out beforehand, but wanted to make sure I understood the logic.

This actually brought up another question:

Let's say at expiration the stock is at $25. Do the brokerage houses close out your spread for you or do you still have to do it manually.

In this case I would purchase xxx amount of shares at $12.5 and immediately sell them at $20?

McInnis 03
AG
RigsTx said:

McInnis 03 said:

RigsTx said:

McInnis 03 said:

FWIW,

That makes sense. I really need to learn more about Spreads.

In your example, the risk is that it never gets above $12.5 and the calls expire worthless correct?

But if the stock is $19.99 at expiration, you close out the position for max profit.

I know you will always close out beforehand, but wanted to make sure I understood the logic.

This actually brought up another question:

Let's say at expiration the stock is at $25. Do the brokerage houses close out your spread for you or do you still have to do it manually.

In this case I would purchase xxx amount of shares at $12.5 and immediately sell them at $20?

Sounds like you have it, but for the class, here are a few scenarios:

A) Stock never sees 12.5, you hold to expiration, you go to $0. Risk is premium paid. If you sense it coming though you could sell for a loss and salvage whatever is left. You can also set stops on spreads like you would for a single option.

B) Stock sees somewhere between 12.5 and 20.....depending on WHEN this happens is what determines if you're profitable or not. Your breakeven at expiration on $1 spent would be $13.50. The 20 would go to zero and you could buy the $20 back early if you want or sell the spread to close it, etc. Many different ways to play thsi hand.

C) Stock goes moonshot, let's say $25. You hold to expiration. You could close it early for profit, you could take max profit close to expiration of $7.50 per spread, or you let your brokerage handle the transaction and you'd still see $7.50 cash because you'd exercise your $12.50's and your buyer would exercise their $20's, so you'd receive $20 for your shares, and you'd pay $12.50 for those shares.....hence $7.50 in your pocket.

B&I Key:
FJ43
SONO moving

BubbleBoyB
AG
AggieChemist said:

jwhitlock3 said:

Quote:

Are yall selling shares? This one hurts
McInnis 03
AG
BubbleBoyB said:

AggieChemist said:

jwhitlock3 said:

Quote:

Some trades are wins, some are losses. I'm gonna go ahead and lose on this one and take my cash elsewhere.

B&I Key:
AgEng06
AG
Anyone looking at selling covered calls on MBIO? I was looking at it, but the April or June $5 are really the only thing going.
gougler08
AG
You can sell MVIS $20 covered calls for $0.60 or more for those that would want to go net free
BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

SONO moving
What is the target on the 4/16 $45's?
gougler08
AG
SDC has also tried and failed to recover the old lower channel line...most likely will be new resistance at least for short term
LarryL
BubbleBoyB said:

AggieChemist said:

jwhitlock3 said:

Quote:

I'm holding my MGTI for now. It's such a small percentage of my portfolio (< 1%), it's a lotto ticket at this point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That'll do, pig.
McInnis 03
AG
SNDL is frisky, could this be another fun AH to get high?

B&I Key:
ibdm98
AG
From OA: I'd sell 50% on a double and then go for $2.75 with a stop at $0.42
BrokeAssAggie
CPDAggie10
AG
McInnis 03 said:

SNDL is frisky, could this be another fun AH to get high?
You are reading my mind. NXTD also on after hours watch for me.
FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

FJ43 said:

SONO moving
What is the target on the 4/16 $45's?
Per idbm above.

EngrAg14
AG
Does the volume here not bother anyone else.
Seems low for the price movement seen so far today.
TecRecAg
AG
Out of my SPY Strangle. Sold calls at 150%. Didn't feel like holding overnight. Baby steps for the play account.

Still in NIO 3/19s and now in CLOV April 10C
BrokeAssAggie
DeangeloVickers
AG
How high we going with watt.
FJ43
EngrAg14 said:

Does the volume here not bother anyone else.
Seems low for the price movement seen so far today.
Volume is good and above average. The price range has been nothing overly off with a $5 range.

tsuag10
AG
Holy hell.

Watching the 5 min intraday instead of the 1 min chart does wonders for my anxiety!

How do folks that use the "ticks" not drink themselves to death?!?
tsuag10
AG
Really love to see that volume on SNDL
LarryL
DeangeloVickers said:

How high we going with watt.
Moonshot, just like all the others...
First Page Last Page
Page 3457 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.