Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,056,454 Views | 231697 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Added more NGL down here around $2.50
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Jet Black
UVXY almost at its 52 week low. Just saying.
Shundere
I had some 3/12 390 SPY Calls that I just got rid of. Saw those become worthless in an instant yesterday and am taking this as a chance to redeem myself. went from .6 to 2.3 so can't complain. Been following Mancini levels and playing Spy options, something that can definitely work in any market imo.

Got caught with my pants down again during the freeze and the weeks following. Trying to rebuild and learn from that mistake.
canagian
AG
Aggies75455 said:

$ZEST running big time. Pretrial starts Monday and they hired an asset managing firm out of New York yesterday. The hope is they're hired to help handle the amount of money the company is about to see.
I have a huge position in my Roth acct. Fingers crossed...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
yukmonkey said:

Jet Black said:

One sure way to turn things around is for me to sell some at a loss. As soon as I do, **** will take off.
Yep - got out of ONTX/NIO/TSLA and they are boomin

I think that's what they call retail capitulation.

I'm shopping for vxx calls today though

Also...mvis earnings thurs!? Yes please!
ClutchCityAg
Let it ride
LOYAL AG
AG
LOYAL AG said:

LOYAL AG said:

jimbo9821 said:

Keep watching it. Looks like its getting squeezed... maybe?

Minute charts can be extremely deceptive. Here's the 10M:

I agree that volume has dried up by that's not a chart I'd buy into right now. My $.02. I'm not in and won't be this week.
Bumping this post from 1055 this morning where I responded to jimbo9821 about his take on the 1m chart for NIO. Not doing it to pick on jimbo nor to pat myself on the back for what turned out to be the correct response. We spend a lot of time on charts on this thread and timeframe choice can dramatically change how a chart reads. In this case jimbo felt like he was seeing a squeeze on the 1m chart so I posted the 10m in response. The 10m told a much more negative story.

This is the rest of the day for NIO with a red line at the point in time I posted the 10m:

Again not picking on jimbo at all just an interesting lesson for the newer traders and perhaps a reminder for the more experienced ones. Timeline choice can dramatically impact how a chart looks. In this case NIO was at $36.56 when I posted and it closed at $35.21 then fell a bit more in AH.

I think my general rule is that I avoid the 1M almost entirely and the 5m isn't much more useful. I really like the 10m if I'm following a stock intraday and the 15m and 30m if I'm doing 5-day analysis. About the only use I have for the 1m is when I've got a call sale that's above the current price and I'm "cheerleading" for the stock to get there and give me my money. For actual trades unless you're an intraday trader where you're in and out in an hour or less I'm not sure I'd rely on it.
Life comes at your fast!

NIO at $40.52 as of this post!
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
ClutchCityAg said:

khaos288 said:

Any indicators this is more than a bull trap?
Think we would need this to not be a lower high, so higher than 389.46 or 390.92 from previous days

I'd like to see both SPY and QQQ get above 9ema and hold that to close. Then I think we'd see bigger volume and a big move up. Look back at June, Sept, and Oct. It doesn't have to happen like that but that's what I'd like to see for comfort level.

Tinfoil storytime: if I had played on rotation and downward pressure from bond yield increases to try to chase retail out of tech and beta stocks, just before I ramped up accumulation I would probably start a premarket run then small continuation before dropping the bottom out. Then the next time retail sees a green run with real volume they may sit on the sidelines a bit longer before returning. That was yesterday and this morning so far. No clue if that's what happened but it seems like something an ******* like myself would do.
deadbq03
AG
Jet Black said:

UVXY almost at its 52 week low. Just saying.
That means nothing. It's basically designed to lose over time. 52 week lows happen all the time with it.

You need to look at VIX itself instead of looking at the leveraged instrument.

That goes for all leveraged ETFs... look at the underlying for technical analysis because the decay distorts the picture.
oldarmy1
AG
NIO chart looks perfect.

Markets do not have a look of a rug pull, so don't confuse a quick intraday consolidation with one. Recent options trades look solid. Ones that got caught in the selloff (SKLZ & IMMR) aren't likely to run for March 19th. They can move up but premium value is going to evaporate.

When stocks get hit to the levels we reached I switch to shares. I went shares on NIO, IMMR, SKLZ, PLTR and NET.

I had bought AAPL shares at $119 and then calls when it was below $117. I sold 50% of the calls to draw down my holding price on shares to $116.50 on the rip upward early. We'll need to see $122 to get momentum buyers engaged.
oldarmy1
AG
WATT looks like a buy to me. IBIO already bought. Look at the volume on it for a small cap. I love that and it has options.
RigsTx
AG
oldarmy1 said:

NIO chart looks perfect.

Markets do not have a look of a rug pull, so don't confuse a quick intraday consolidation with one. Recent options trades look solid. Ones that got caught in the selloff (SKLZ & IMMR) aren't likely to run for March 19th. They can move up but premium value is going to evaporate.

When stocks get hit to the levels we reached I switch to shares. I went shares on NIO, IMMR, SKLZ, PLTR and NET.

I had bought AAPL shares at $119 and then calls when it was below $117. I sold 50% of the calls to draw down my holding price on shares to $116.50 on the rip upward early. We'll need to see $122 to get momentum buyers engaged.
Sounds like time to cut bait on SKLZ.

And I also just went net free on my NIO calls.

Thank you much sir.
tsuag10
AG
It's amazing how often model T presents itself
KT 90
AG
cptthunder said:

$GOCO
With the numbers that GOCO came out with yesterday which seemed strong to me and it being down 5% today would I be jumping into the deep end picking up some more shares here
These would be trading shares for me. Was there something in the ER that I should be worried about or is this a typical 2020/2021 ER reaction?

I think most of this board already bailed on this one. I had some shares I held for quite a while waiting for this quarterly earnings period, but still wasn't a pop either before or after. Will likely trim some of those down to use cash for other opportunities.
Engine10
AG
FJ43 said:

Added more NGL down here around $2.50

$5 calls out to October were cheap AF so I grabbed those
oldarmy1
AG
Obviously the market has not valued a money generation entity like it might. These guys are in one of the most fertile fields and revenues will continue to accelerate.

What is the lightening rod event that would spark mass attention? Just ungodly numbers? We'll see.
Engine10
AG
AMC volume rollin in!
jimmo
CLOV showing some signs
GCP12
AG
Engine10 said:

AMC volume rollin in!
Someone tell me when to cut my losses at a 13.10 cost basis. I want off this rollercoaster
RigsTx
AG
Strategy question for the room on the remaining NIO Calls I have.

When I do the 10 day 30 min candle MT I get 42.75. I put in a sell order for 1/3 of my calls at $2.65 which represents just under what the approximate price of the option should it run up there today or tomorrow.

The daily MT going back to the high of 66.99 on 1/11 is $49.45. Assuming we hit the resistance at 42.75 and I get filled there, I plan to hold the remaining 2/3 of my calls with a hope of getting back to that 49.45 number. I might sell another 1/3 around the $45.31 mark which is the 38.2 retracement on the daily.

Two questions from this.

Is this a decent strategy assuming tech doesn't **** the bed again? If you have any tweaks I would welcome them.

Am I being too greedy with the 2/3 calls and trying to retrace back to the daily model T with the amount of time I have left on the 3/26 calls?

I appreciate any help or advice as I continue to learn.
RigsTx
AG
oldarmy1 said:

NIO chart looks perfect.

One quick question on this...

SKLZ is reporting tomorrow after the bell.

With the way ER have been sold the past few weeks, would it make sense to exit now or wait and hope that they reveal additional information about the NFL agreement and that it recovers some of its value.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

WATT looks like a buy to me. IBIO already bought. Look at the volume on it for a small cap. I love that and it has options.
agree and I think SOS reversal was in this morning -- boom, look at the volume coming in now!
oldarmy1
AG
NXTD my "better than a CD pick. You can sell July $2.50 calls at $0.55 x $0.60. The $2 July calls are bidding $0.60 so I expect the $2.50's to ease down, considering they are allowing a nickel for an additional $0.50 potential gain. That's just nuts!
oldarmy1
AG
RigsTx said:

oldarmy1 said:

NIO chart looks perfect.

One quick question on this...

SKLZ is reporting tomorrow after the bell.

With the way ER have been sold the past few weeks, would it make sense to exit now or wait and hope that they reveal additional information about the NFL agreement and that it recovers some of its value.

That's good thoughts. I sold 50% and have held the other just for earnings.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

NXTD my "better than a CD pick. You can sell July $2.50 calls at $0.55 x $0.60. The $2 July calls are bidding $0.60 so I expect the $2.50's to ease down, considering they are allowing a nickel for an additional $0.50 potential gain. That's just nuts!

Hahaha. So which one of you did it? Bids was over 2000 at $0. 55 and got run off.
TecRecAg
AG
SPY NHOD. Teetering 388.9x for what felt like forever
cptthunder
oldarmy1 said:

Obviously the market has not valued a money generation entity like it might. These guys are in one of the most fertile fields and revenues will continue to accelerate.

What is the lightening rod event that would spark mass attention? Just ungodly numbers? We'll see.
Couldnt help myself and went ahead and added some more shares for trading at these levels
oldarmy1
AG
DNN will eventually reclaim the intermediate cup level at $1.26 and then complete the cup above $1.50 IMO
Carlo4
AG
A lot of us seem to be saying the same thing and are close in thought. I think Apple needs to claim $123 or so by the end of the week (downward trend line from peak). Also think QQQ needs to be $115 or higher next day or two to crush the downward trend lines.

These trend lines are steep so guessing we find out soon if this is a true rally after the adjustment or a fake out.

With average down and using cash to get into long positions late last week and yesterday, I'm tempted to take profits. I'm up 10% on $15,000 in the market, so very excited for today so far. However, the greed of breaking the trend line means i could be up another 20% quickly after that.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AMC!
ag94whoop
AG
im ready to see FUBO wake up

and SYN, DPW, BLNK and KIQ.

I really like KIQ and not sure why its down still.

obviously the whole of us want CLOV to get moving, but i think we are at least a month away for that
GreasenUSA
AG
ag94whoop said:

obviously the whole of us want CLOV to get moving, but i think we are at least a month away for that
What happens in a month? Thinking about making my first entry into shares here above 8...
FJ43

My hope....

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ClutchCityAg
If we break 390 I think we run to 392
Let it ride
ag94whoop
AG
GreasenUSA said:

ag94whoop said:

What happens in a month? Thinking about making my first entry into shares here above 8...
the deadline for joining all the CALs ends early April. Meaning they will stop posting news about the lawsuits daily. Might give it a breather and a chance to start to rebuild. Then next earnings is early June, so there could be a pre-earnings run in May.

Who knows whether any of that matters, but as a big bag holder in CLOV with $14 buy in, I am just being patient and trying to sell CCs on any significant runs (which has only been once for me so far)
First Page Last Page
Page 3454 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.