Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,071,732 Views | 231774 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jj9000 said:

khaos288 said:

first person to mention fruit stock by name gets whacked
To be fair...you just did...and you're the 1st.
that's why I said "by name"

No one wants to whack themselves
Big Al 1992
AG
3 stocks you're watching for big things this spring?
bmks270
AG
Nearly all of my losses from yesterday are already erased.

This is such a volatile market. Should have unloaded all of my cash yesterday. I think we're 10-20% off highs depending on the ticker so not a bad time to jump in.
TecRecAg
AG
This 370/400 strangle is a humbling experience. 385 magnet.
BlueTaze
Big Al 1992 said:

3 stocks you're watching for big things this spring?

SKLZ
PLTR
RKT
agdaddy04
AG
Couldn't take it anymore so got out of GME in the green. Never thought that would happen when it was back in the 40s
Josepi
AG
Ugh...$JBLU not continuing yesterdays run. At least not yet
Charlie Conway
khaos288 said:

jj9000 said:

khaos288 said:

It's not always about 'want' sometimes it's about necessity
khaos288
AG
Charlie Conway said:

khaos288 said:

jj9000 said:

khaos288 said:

It's not always about 'want' sometimes it's about necessity
You guys are cracking me up today
McInnis 03
AG
GME Mar19 600C's are sweeping

THESE ARE SWEEPING AT THE BID. IT'S A TRAP.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
agdaddy04
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Explain further? Trap how?
cptthunder
$CWH
Anyone have any thoughts on CWH. To me it looks like if it can stay abover $36 here it could run up to $38 or $40 quickly but its a messy looking chart to me and cant see any clear resistance zones
Post removed:
by user
mazag08
AG
I ate an apple this morning.

I don't own fruit stock.

If it goes up, I demand 10% of everyone's stake.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am obviously super bullish on this. holding.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Ragoo
AG
Spy hourly - which way from here?
cptthunder
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I am also super bullish and have a good sized position in shares but I also have a 3/19 $35C that I am net free on and looking to make a clearer plan on my exit
Anythoughts would be really appreciated
kyledr04
AG

One more thing - half or more of my trading is just grinding. It is trying to get the basis of shares to zero and then keep monetizing.

Take GPL for example. It's down $0.10 from where I bought it, but I sold a covered call for $0.12, so I've lowered my basis from $0.92 to $0.80. As soon as March expires, I'm going to do it again, and again, and again. It may take me a year but I will have effectively free shares.

If the stock takes a big downturn (clov or wwr, are familiar examples), do you sell at defined stop and get back in later? Or just keep grinding away with premium at a strike you could live with selling at or don't think is likely in that time frame.
McInnis 03
AG
agdaddy04 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Explain further? Trap how?
There is a behavior associated with plays up here (OTM). When they are sweeping at the bid, someone is far more anxious and desiring to sell them than they are to buy them. They want to capture the premium on the mindset that that strike isn't happening. If you don't dig into the detail of where the transaction took place, it just looks like "holy damn, they're sweeping 600c's, they're sending it up!!!" when in reality they lowered their price to move the contracts.

On the flip side of that, if the ASK gets hit hard, that means the buyer is convinced there is something there for the taking. Their desire and thought drive is they are willing to pay more for what they truly believe is going to happen.

Just looking at the flow is looking at the cover of the book. Look at whether they're moving at the bid or ask can give you more detail into the mindset of the entity performing the transaction.

This isn't 100% by any means, but it does shed a little light.

I've followed transactions both ways, and when they're selling at the bid there is confidence it's not going the way the option would indicate. If they're sweeping the ASK there is confidence in that it IS going the way the option would indicate.

ie: puts sweeping at the ASK, mindset is confident that down it goes. calls sweeping at the ASK, mindset is confident it's going up. At the bid, think the opposite.

mind the sig.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
$BABA is up against a ton of resistance here in the 236's but if it can get above it it's got lots of room to get into the 243-244 area.......if tech holds.

B&I Key:
BrokeAssAggie
SONO calls looking good early
agdaddy04
AG
Well explained! Thanks.
zag213004
AG
Edit: nevermind... It dissappeared for some reason

UBER volume...1.22 million on a minute
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
YOLO bet on AMC monthlies, 10C
RigsTx
AG
kyledr04 said:

One more thing - half or more of my trading is just grinding. It is trying to get the basis of shares to zero and then keep monetizing.

Take GPL for example. It's down $0.10 from where I bought it, but I sold a covered call for $0.12, so I've lowered my basis from $0.92 to $0.80. As soon as March expires, I'm going to do it again, and again, and again. It may take me a year but I will have effectively free shares.

If the stock takes a big downturn (clov or wwr, are familiar examples), do you sell at defined stop and get back in later? Or just keep grinding away with premium at a strike you could live with selling at or don't think is likely in that time frame.

Not 30K, but I am in this boat with NXTD and DPW right now.

I'm selling $3 3/19 calls on NXTD for .05. If it rallies to there and gets called out, then I am almost net free on my remaining shares and the stock is at $3 which means I'll be able to sell the other remaining calls for higher strikes and more premium.

I am not sure about hitting a stop loss. If a stock has options, I would rather work my way back through premium than taking a big hit. That's just me though.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
cptthunder said:

I am also super bullish and have a good sized position in shares but I also have a 3/19 $35C that I am net free on and looking to make a clearer plan on my exit
I don't know man, I have never really near-term traded this other than cc or selling puts. I do know it's fickle.
McInnis 03
AG
GO BABA, LFG! GO GO GO. GET OUTTA THIS SUPPLY ZONE.

B&I Key:
GigEmRangers75455
$ZEST running big time. Pretrial starts Monday and they hired an asset managing firm out of New York yesterday. The hope is they're hired to help handle the amount of money the company is about to see.
khaos288
AG
deploying a little cash today on AMD and ARKG in case we found bottom. Sold AAPL and PLTR calls from yesterday for a decent flip
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
RigsTx said:

kyledr04 said:

Not 30K, but I am in this boat with NXTD and DPW right now.

I'm selling $3 3/19 calls on NXTD for .05. If it rallies to there and gets called out, then I am almost net free on my remaining shares and the stock is at $3 which means I'll be able to sell the other remaining calls for higher strikes and more premium.

I am not sure about hitting a stop loss. If a stock has options, I would rather work my way back through premium than taking a big hit. That's just me though.
going back to my earlier point, when the stock is no longer doing what you want, exit.

CLOV and WWR are high beta. I am holding through the pain because I don't want to miss the move. Selling CC is an art, as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Should I sell my AMC once I break even ($10)? I honestly like the stock long-term, but I also think the current price is still overvalued. (ie still at meme level)

Thinking I should sell and buy back in later?
tsuag10
AG
I'm holding DNN, WWR, and SNDL shares. Is today a good day to try and sell covered calls or should we wait for things to heat up a little more?

I'm still new at this part.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
tsuag10 said:

I'm holding DNN, WWR, and SNDL shares. Is today a good day to try and sell covered calls or should we wait for things to heat up a little more?

I'm still new at this part.
WWR - yes
DNN - not really, wait for $1.20 unless you want $0.10 for April $1.5
SNDL - 50/50
cptthunder

cptthunder said:

I don't know man, I have never really near-term traded this other than cc or selling puts. I do know it's fickle.
Appreciate it, Ive done this twice now and made some good returns but left a bunch on the table last time at the beginning of February so I think im going to let it go until Thursday with a tighter stop
RVs for everyone haha
McInnis 03
AG
I bought a few NIO JAN23 leaps this morning at the low......couldn't help myself.

All these leaps, I'm becoming an investor again.

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 3452 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.