Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,071,980 Views | 231774 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
cjo03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prognightmare said:

Glad I didn't play SFIX earnings. You can't disappoint win earning plays at all in this type of market.

FIFY. bad earnings, stock goes down. great earnings, stock goes down.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
can someone explain the chart McInnis posted? These companies aren't apples to apples, so I'm failing to understand what conclusion to draw for something on the left vs. right.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
ProgN
cjo03 said:

Prognightmare said:

Glad I didn't play SFIX earnings. You can't disappoint win earning plays at all in this type of market.

FIFY. bad earnings, stock goes down. great earnings, stock goes down.
That's accurate, especially with the stocks we all favor.
cageybee77
AG
Ok. I can't stand the heat - back out of NIO but still made money today (besides NIO).
agdaddy04
AG
Prognightmare said:

Prognightmare said:

FbgTxAg said:

Ok, at this point all we can do is laugh - Can we place bets on the bottom for fruit stock? There's no F'ng way it can get below $130, right? This thing has to bounce pretty soon....

I'm calling the bottom $130. And I'm calling $170+ by the end of April.
I'll take $112-115 for entry
I think AAPL will enter this range over the next few days. I want $112 but will begin buying shares in that range.

What is driving it down that low?
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

Prognightmare said:

Prognightmare said:

FbgTxAg said:

Ok, at this point all we can do is laugh - Can we place bets on the bottom for fruit stock? There's no F'ng way it can get below $130, right? This thing has to bounce pretty soon....

I think AAPL will enter this range over the next few days. I want $112 but will begin buying shares in that range.

Sector rotation and an overreaction to the rise of the 10 yr treasury. IMO, if you're in AAPL or other techs that were performing a month ago, now isn't the time to sell them. The stocks that benefitted from the rotation are becoming extended. The fed isn't raising rates anytime soon so I expect a rotation back into tech shortly.
tremble
AG
Man, work went back full time last week. Every day I think CLOV will pick up and, oops, hitting new lows.
agdaddy04
AG
Makes sense. Had been in it, but bought another 1000 of AAPL this morning prior to it dropping. In hindsight obviously I should've waited but just wasn't sure if there was something I should've seen to lead me to hold prior to another entry.
Hendrix
AG
I don't understand airline valuations. Their balance sheets are wrecked. On it best day when fuel cost are low the planes are full and the unions aren't *****ing it's a highly competitive commodity with low margins. Good luck to y'all but the airlines seem like a **** investment right now especially with recent run up.
Hendrix
AG
Prognightmare said:

agdaddy04 said:

Prognightmare said:

Prognightmare said:

FbgTxAg said:

Sector rotation and an overreaction to the rise of the 10 yr treasury. IMO, if you're in AAPL or other techs that were performing a month ago, now isn't the time to sell them. The stocks that benefitted from the rotation are becoming extended. The fed isn't raising rates anytime soon so I expect a rotation back into tech shortly.

Agree.
cageybee77
AG
Re AAPL: I'm holding out for 110, and would want to see some deceleration in its decline. Prolly too much to ask.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
I'll start buying more at 110-112 as I have plenty.

If it were to fill the gap back to 96-100, then I'd probably make my largest buy ever.... on anything.
ProgN
cageybee77 said:

Re AAPL: I'm holding out for 110, and would want to see some deceleration in its decline. Prolly too much to ask.

Nobody knows exactly what price a stock is going print but I believe it enters the range I mentioned a few weeks ago and I'm comfortable taking positions there. We have capitulation on the nasdaq, you might get AAPL below $100. $100-$120, you'll be happy in a few months.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think holding 3820 was important.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Prognightmare said:

cageybee77 said:

Nobody knows exactly what price a stock is going print but I believe it enters the range I mentioned a few weeks ago and I'm comfortable taking positions there. We have capitulation on the nasdaq, you might get AAPL below $100. $100-$120, you'll be happy in a few months.
I bought 1 tranch today at $117.

I sold puts for another tranch at $112

If it keeps coming down, I will buy/sell puts at $105, and then again at $100
Jet Black
If I somehow end up ahead on FUBO and NIO, I might get diamonds tattooed on my hands or four leaf clovers. If not, then the word bufued.
ProgN
It's painful to watch daily when you're in it, but AAPL is on sale at these levels and we'll see a lot of "SHBM" posts before Christmas.
Jet Black
One sure way to turn things around is for me to sell some at a loss. As soon as I do, **** will take off.
cageybee77
AG
Well I sold NIO at a slight loss - I hop that heps ya.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Slight gap up tomorrow to open...followed by a little pullback then back up?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ProgN
FJ43 said:

That's more indicative that we haven't found a bottom. It would be better to open up down huge, but recover during the trading session.
jimmo
Interesting .. the QQQ and the 300 level

AAPL appears to be at key level right here
Hendrix
AG
I hope aapl tanks this week. I'll be buying more and more the lower it gets.
McInnis 03
AG

can someone explain the chart McInnis posted? These companies aren't apples to apples, so I'm failing to understand what conclusion to draw for something on the left vs. right.

Nailed it

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Ragoo
AG
What is Apple's growth story the next few years? I think the roll out is more about chasing yield versus growth.
ProgN
Ragoo said:

What is Apple's growth story the next few years? I think the roll out is more about chasing yield versus growth.
Who knows but I'm sure they have something in the pipeline. AAPL is sitting on about 300 Billion in cash and almost every mutual fund, ETF and pension plan own/buys it. I'm not looking to own this forever, but it's probably good for a 50%+ return from these levels within a year.
flyingaggie12
AG
The M1 chips are game changers. Maybe growing their fitness platform? EVs?
FJ43
Prognightmare said:

FJ43 said:

That's more indicative that we haven't found a bottom. It would be better to open up down huge, but recover during the trading session.
I think we'll retest the past few days lows at some point but not convinced we're headed lower yet. SPY anyway. Qs....well not so sure.

Just my opinion anyway.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Jet Black
McInnis 03 said:

Nailed it

Got out of PLTR today but still hold NIO and FUBO. Obviously, it was based on this information, me understanding it and putting it to the proper use.
ProgN
Not saying you're wrong, but capitulation and fear occur more often at the end of corrections. I'd like to see more fear and retail investors swearing that they'll never buy stocks again. That's usually closer to the bottom.
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

Ragoo said:

Who knows but I'm sure they have something in the pipeline. AAPL is sitting on about 300 Billion in cash and almost every mutual fund, ETF and pension plan own/buys it. I'm not looking to own this forever, but it's probably good for a 50%+ return from these levels within a year.
what I cannot wrap my head around is all of these institutions buying AAPL yet there are more sellers willing to lower their ask to get their sell orders filled.

Why?
FJ43
Prognightmare said:

Not saying you're wrong, but capitulation and fear occur more often at the end of corrections. I'd like to see more fear and retail investors swearing that they'll never buy stocks again. That's usually closer to the bottom.
This!

I could sure use to do without the mob. Would bring some degree of TA back to this game anyway.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
we need to hit 3650 for fear. I still think this is energy for 4,400.
ProgN
Who knows but I believe AAPL is a victim of sector rotation but their fundamentals remain strong, plus their balance sheet. Everyone wanted to own it at $140 but no one wants to buy it when it's cheap.
Fairfield_Ag
AG
Bought more APPL today, will keep doing so the lower it goes!
First Page Last Page
Page 3448 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.