Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,085,175 Views | 231811 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by bhanacik
jimmo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Spy busted thru Model T
QQQ still hasn't arrived there
LOYAL AG
AG
FJ43 said:

LOYAL AG said:

This won't be a popular opinion but I think we see continued decline to 3678 ish in the S&P. The Fib drawn here is from the late October dip because it's the most recent pronounced dip we've seen. From this we broke 23.6% today and after flirting with the 50 dma since last Friday we finally broke it today. I could see tomorrow being pretty benign but I think next week we threaten 3678 before we see a reversal.

Love using Fib and also without just to compare. Its the fastest quick thing with a tool built in IMO. Check this out which does it apply or not don't know. May it is all just be voooo doooo.

When I draw a parallel line to the lower longer term ascending channel line, using the low point 10/30 as its foundation, today's intersection would have us touch 367.8 on SPY. That also happens to be within fractions of the Fib level you've highlighted. Same math or calculation probably which is above my pay grade. I just like getting the story from fancy simple pictures.

Lose this area and well....I will have to find another technical indicator to break. 10% pullback puts us around my lowest horizontal line FWIW.

That's pretty interesting. The part of me that thinks he knows what he's doing wants to say that's confirmation based on the difference approaches to get the same answer. Add in the gougler post below yours citing the 21 ema(?) at the same level and that feels like further confirmation of that level. Then I remember all those days I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing and I laugh and say I hope we're right!
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I don't think the drama is over yet.
BrokeAssAggie
59 South
AG
If any of you guys use Apple Music, I've found the '90s Rock Essentials playlist to be a great listen to the hour leading up to market open. Take it from the top... very funny songs when put in the context of the markets...

Enter Sandman
Thunderstruck
All The Small Things
Basket Case
Even Flow
Under the Bridge
Say It Ain't So
Everlong
You Don't Know How It Feels
Loser
Bulls on Parade
Give It Away
Are You Gonna Go My Way

And so many more to help you keep your mind right!

FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

In the same camp. I think we get at least one hard bear push down if this is trying to recover. If this is 'fake' then we are in for a fun ride.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Cartographer
The cash session is not the market. And a lot of that is intended to adjust your brain to see a picture.

This could be the reversal but this could just as easily be another dip trap.

Be cautious until you receive confirmation.
59 South
AG

Bob Knights Paper Hands
CrazyRichAggie said:

Some tunes to start the weekend off

For me it's this one if the bears continue their onslaught

but if the reversal happens it will be Straight Outta Compton and
McInnis 03
AG

3800pin is too low, 3830-50 to close the day.

MIND THE SIG
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
FUBO now says www.fubobet.com is an official page. WTF, which is it guys???
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
jimmo
QQQ made to Model T
see if it holds
59 South
AG
Basket Case playing for me now... some of y'all really need to listen to these lyrics and then look in the mirror before clicking the post button...
TecRecAg
AG
Listening to Coming Clean as I read your post.

Great minds...
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Remember guys, major corrections nearly ALWAYS ends with a major capitulation flush on volume with a V recovery. Watch for the acceleration into it and you can get a jump start into the recovery.

Even with all my hedging my accounts aren't immune to these severe corrections. Generally Fridays continue selling off and then Monday flushes and reverses. That is the conventional wisdom based on that being the case for whatever the reason. That said I would watch volume and acceleration in case it happens tomorrow.
So did it just happen then? This buy up is not stopping.

40 pt rally in 20 min with volume to trump all volume.

That glorious SPY and QQQ buy volume waned just now.

Admiral Akbar is sounding alarms in my head.
Ragoo
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Some tunes to start the weekend off

ugh. REM writes good songs. Their music however is extremely boring.
TecRecAg
AG
Shiny Happy People would like a word with you
McInnis 03
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

McInnis 03 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Remember guys, major corrections nearly ALWAYS ends with a major capitulation flush on volume with a V recovery. Watch for the acceleration into it and you can get a jump start into the recovery.

Even with all my hedging my accounts aren't immune to these severe corrections. Generally Fridays continue selling off and then Monday flushes and reverses. That is the conventional wisdom based on that being the case for whatever the reason. That said I would watch volume and acceleration in case it happens tomorrow.
So did it just happen then? This buy up is not stopping.

40 pt rally in 20 min with volume to trump all volume.

That glorious SPY and QQQ buy volume waned just now.

Admiral Akbar is sounding alarms in my head.
I'll be light on my toes, but it's pre-market and that volume was damnnnnnnn heavy.....not a "fade the gap" type volume.

B&I Key:
TecRecAg
AG
Alright. The play account is funded. Now to find what I like the most..
tam2002
AG
I'm dipping back in with a little play money as well. WWR is currently at the top of my list
ag94whoop
AG
I am currently resigned to simply watching for a while and holding tight. A lot of my biggest losses are in MA stocks that I planned on holding anyway. I simply own too much of them and at too high a price giving me limited flexibility. But if I hold them long term, they will hit attractive sell prices eventually so it is what it is. All good.

I am not confident the falling has stopped. I hope so, but not confident.
Remember March 2020 SPY fell nearly 100 pts in 2 weeks.
Bond rates at over 1.6 isnt a good thing either.

I think the combination of whats going on in govt, the recent Texas snowmaggedon, the rising bond rates and some consumer uncertainty makes for shaky market. The good thing is the market will eventually recover and grow. Timing is the thing we dont know yet.
zag213004
AG
All (especially OA1):

Thoughts on WWR entry and or add here? Asking for an age friend and the later for myself (although for me since I have a sizable position I was thinking selling puts)

Or do we likely see it fall. It's around 200ema now
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Is there a way to get to ES_F in ATP? It doesn't find it when you search.

If not, what's the best way / place to track that?

TIA.
59 South
AG
FYI to see ES in TradingView type in ES1!
ag94whoop
AG
I have a question for you experienced guys.

How long does it generally take for the more volatile stocks (mostly what I own atm) to react to the market?
From my limited observation, it seems like they fall with it at a multiple of 2-3x. And they probably rise at similar multiple, but i suspect (I have no idea as I have only been at this like 7-8 weeks) that they trail slower than larger cap stocks do.
McInnis 03
AG
If you were holding TRXC, fyi they had a ticker change to ASXC

B&I Key:
Ccutamu
Anyone using Fidelity having issues with ATP?
BrokeAssAggie
Ccutamu said:

not that I have noticed
Ccutamu
CrazyRichAggie said:

Ccutamu said:

not that I have noticed
It's been lagging on me for the last couple of days. Started yesterday afternoon. It's probably broken from all the losses... lol.
BrokeAssAggie
Ccutamu said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Ccutamu said:

not that I have noticed
It's been lagging on me for the last couple of days. Started yesterday afternoon. It's probably broken from all the losses... lol.
It does that for me sometimes, I thought it was my 5 year old laptop..
tam2002
AG
Moving in a little on WWR here
aggiebrad94
AG
ag94whoop said:

I have a question for you experienced guys.

How long does it generally take for the more volatile stocks (mostly what I own atm) to react to the market?
From my limited observation, it seems like they fall with it at a multiple of 2-3x. And they probably rise at similar multiple, but i suspect (I have no idea as I have only been at this like 7-8 weeks) that they trail slower than larger cap stocks do.
You are correct. Sell offs make people afraid of the market and they get out. When they are ready to get back in, they buy what they know - the large cap, familiar names. They get back into the highly volatile stocks when they get greedy again.
gougler08
AG
MGNI needs to find some support
LarryL
McInnis 03 said:

If you were holding TRXC, fyi they had a ticker change to ASXC
Thanks! I was trying to figure out where that came from!
First Page Last Page
Page 3422 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.