Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,037,430 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It looks like the TSNP reverse split is tomorrow. So if I wanted multiples of 100 shares to sell calls against, now would be the time to buy them, right?

Need to buy 400 shares per every 100 shares to sell calls against.
Barnyard96
AG
AgEng06 said:

It looks like the TSNP reverse split is tomorrow. So if I wanted multiples of 100 shares to sell calls against, now would be the time to buy them, right?

Link on the announcement?
ag94whoop
AG
jj9000 said:

ag94whoop said:

AgsnFly said:

ag94whoop said:

Well today has been an absolute bloodbath for me. A week ago I was up 20% for the year. As of now I'm down 20% for the year I've lost 40% of my value in my trading account in in three days. Holy crap. Tough lesson to learn.

Not to lecture but trading is all about discipline. This should never happen to a trader - investors are different. Which are you? Disciplined traders take losses when markets say they are wrong. Use stops if you are trading and think of high water marks on your account.
Despite years of experience in business and entrepreneurship, I am literally a newborn in trading.
First ever trade was Jan 14, 2021, literally 6 weeks experience.

No one has directly taught me anything and what I have learned I learned on youtube and on here from you gentlemen, although sometimes I feel like yall speak a completely different language...lol. I missed OAs previous course. I started by swing trading stuff I knew like SNAP, UPWK, HD, APPL, SDC, PINS, PENN etc and frankly did ok, but the market was always good so I guess in hindsight any dummy could have done as well. I then followed a few Texags buys like WWR, EBON, ONTX, XL etc and made even better money. SO I then dove hard into CLOV, WWR again at higher price, DPW, and a bunch of others and I now know I missed the buys on several and the market has tanked on them all.

I dont ever day trade, but what I was primarily doing was swing trading for income with 2 day to 2 week target flips. While I am slowly learning charting, and can see market swings to a degree, I am very raw and inexperienced and there is SO much I dont know. I fully admit I am poor at understanding options trading and since I dont understand it well I dont do it, which kills some of my ability to hedge. I know I need to learn this. I am signed up to take OA's class this Saturday, although I coach soccer and may not be able to watch live unless it rains.

In addition, I am using You Invest which I dont think is very user friendly and I am not sure how to set stop losses on it. I have been doing everything manually outside of limit buy and sells.

I realize I made several poor buy price decisions and several poor "non sale" decisions. Those are wrecking me big time. But I DO think they may be good long term, although the continuous daily sliding is concerning.

From Jan 14 to Feb 4 I traded for $32k in realized gain. Since then, that has completely eroded (mostly in the last few days) to a $8k loss. At this point, I honestly dont know how to proceed. My gut instinct is that my 4 biggest current losers (WWR, CLOV, DPW and TLRY) will rebound at some point and become profitable if I am willing to hold them for months. Not sure what to do with the rest. I know the first thing I need to do is learn how to trade options so I can attempt to hedge.

I dont have any problem humbly admitting that I dont know what I am doing and love to hear guidance from a bunch of good Ags. I know yall will help and eventually I will learn this stuff and begin to make some money at it.

This reads to me that you've lost money on paper.

If you own shares in WWR/CLOV/DPW/TLRY...etc...none of those are realized losses.

You don't lose money until you sell your positions.

Keep your head up, and give it some time for your holdings to rebound.

You are correct. I have not exited any positions for a loss.
I am still holding. Right now it shows a -$36k unrealized loss (which means if I exited everything at current prices I would have lost about $4k net). That said, I don't plan on exiting for any huge losses if I can avoid it. But it does totally suck to watch an account balance go from green to so drastically red in a week.

I just don't have any clue how much further the market will fall and I am a little frustrated with myself for not preserving the profits in cash I had made so I could use them for income. Also had a couple of points where losses would have been minimal and I could have chosen to reduce position size and limit exposure but I thought things were going to improve in short order and didn't.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Didn't you post before that you're trying to make a go of this as a job, and need to draw income off it? I don't do it but my understanding is that's a completely different ball game than those of us here trying to build big accounts and have time and risk tolerance to do it. From my understanding, what you should be aiming to do is stay 100% cash with your trading/income generating account, learn to identify solid setups and confirmations, know where your exit is before you enter, execute with discipline, and for goodness sake do not trade for the sake of trading. If you don't feel confident in a setup do not play it. It's like poker, if you're not a blind and you got nothing, you fold. Preserve capital for high probability plays. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong
AgEng06
AG
I can't find an easy link, but in TOS this shows up for my current shares:

Found this in a comment section on Yahoo Finance:
Quote:

HUMBL, Inc. Completes Corporate Actions
BY GlobeNewswire
4:00 PM ET 02/25/2021
San Diego, CA, Feb. 25, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HUMBL, Inc. (OTCPINK: TSNP) ("HUMBL"), announced today that the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority ("FINRA") has processed the company's corporate actions, as requested, and has had its name changed to HUMBL, Inc.

In addition to the change in the company's name, HUMBL has executed a one for four (1:4) reverse split of its common stock, and made other changes to its share structure, including the creation of restricted preferred classes of shares which will be issued to former members of HUMBL, LLC and prospective investors of HUMBL. The authorized number of shares stated reflects these preferred shares on a presumed fully diluted basis.

In discussion about the reverse split, HUMBL's COO and Corporate Secretary, Jeffrey Hinshaw, stated, "The company's Board of Directors concluded that it was important to quell the volatility in the share price. Prospective investors and current shareholders were concerned that it was difficult to pinpoint the true value of the common shares. Furthermore, this will force any outstanding short positions to cover their position. The board was also sympathetic to the need not to wipe out the holdings of the shareholders, and therefore determined that this small reverse split would satisfy both requirements."

As a result of the reverse split, HUMBL's stock symbol will change to "TSNPD" on February 25, 2021 and then to "HMBL" on March 26, 2021.
Found the actual link: http://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/02/25/2182875/0/en/HUMBL-Inc-Completes-Corporate-Actions.html
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
FJ43 said:

Funny how this all works. I present today's SPY in the white box. Ended basically same place we visited just 2 days ago.

You misspelled "levels not seen since..."
:p
Red Rover
AG
I'm with you, brother. I've made money hand over fist until now but have been getting my teeth kicked in recently. I am at the point where I definitely need to re-evaluate a bit before going forward. I'm not selling just yet but I also don't like the "hold the same assets hoping things turn around" plan. It seems like these down days punish the plays I'm in two or three times more than the overall movement of the market. That tells me I may be doing something wrong and need to figure it out.
Red Rover
AG
FJ43 said:

Funny how this all works. I present today's SPY in the white box. Ended basically same place we visited just 2 days ago.

So should we have used the dead cat bounce to get out of plays more volatile right now and shore up cash position? Did I miss an easy read on yesterday?
McInnis 03
AG
FJ43 said:

As Redler would say, "the bears are doing their job, it got below and stayed below the 8/21 day"
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
leoj
AG
So $ETSY and $FTCH have killed earnings, as has $PINS. Keep on your watchlist for buying opportunities.
62strat
AG
E said:

Every single one of my positions closed out red.... that's a first
only green for me are fidelity mutual funds.. which lag a day!
frankm01
AgEng06 said:

I don't think TSNP has options.
HelloUncleNateFitch
Red Rover said:

I'm with you, brother. I've made money hand over fist until now but have been getting my teeth kicked in recently. I am at the point where I definitely need to re-evaluate a bit before going forward. I'm not selling just yet but I also don't like the "hold the same assets hoping things turn around" plan. It seems like these down days punish the plays I'm in two or three times more than the overall movement of the market. That tells me I may be doing something wrong and need to figure it out.
Don't beat yourself up. The largest microchip manufacturer at the world just posted huge earning and revenue -- but is now at the same place it was in September after inexplicably dropping ~15% in a few days.

Keep in mind the market is a ****show right now.
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, I actually just realized that. Oh well.
austinAG90
AG
Thanks to hedges only down 1.54% today. That and CC's with a few wild Naked Calls on GME. Rates are really starting to dictate Tech Markets now.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

FJ43 said:

As Redler would say, "the bears are doing their job, it got below and stayed below the 8/21 day"
Dog Pound repeated non stop on the 8/21 day and when its no longer 'special'.. So true when that happens. Tomorrow will be telling IMO. Hope everyone has some form of hedges on.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Brewmaster
AG
NRD09 said:

Didn't you post before that you're trying to make a go of this as a job, and need to draw income off it? I don't do it but my understanding is that's a completely different ball game than those of us here trying to build big accounts and have time and risk tolerance to do it. From my understanding, what you should be aiming to do is stay 100% cash with your trading/income generating account, learn to identify solid setups and confirmations, know where your exit is before you enter, execute with discipline, and for goodness sake do not trade for the sake of trading. If you don't feel confident in a setup do not play it. It's like poker, if you're not a blind and you got nothing, you fold. Preserve capital for high probability plays. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong
yeah that times eleventy billion. If you need to make income of it and on a regular basis, don't bag hold anything (unless of course you get net free and part of the plan is to sell cc's on those shares for income).

I feel like I'm just now above average at this and have no plans to go pro! There are some very good traders here though and great advice.
ag94whoop
AG
NRD09 said:

Yes you are correct. This account is trading for income....
What you described sounds like a good strategy, although I THINK that is primarily day traders, whereas swing traders have a different strategy. I think the typical swing for income strategy is less cash intensive and allows for up to 30 days in a stock, but I am honestly not sure what the rules should be about how much cash to withhold and that is one place where I know I made a mistake. To be fair, I left my strategy several times and ways and that is part of why I am where I am.

stocks I have a position in:
Mid to Longer term: WWR, CLOV, DNN
Weed rush plays: TLRY, SNDL
Expected 1-2 week flips: BLNK, BFT, TRCH, FUBO
Blockchain plays: DPW, RIOT, NXTD
May not 2x but Turn into cash anytime: KIQ
WTH is wrong with me for buying this: SYN,UNMC

Only green of them all is KIQ and BFT.
tsuag10
AG
$RKT

https://ir.rocketcompanies.com/news-and-events/press-releases/press-release-details/2021/Rocket-Companies-Experiences-Explosive-Growth-Revenue-Increases-144-year-over-year-to-4.7-Billion-in-Fourth-Quarter-Company-Announces-Special-Dividend-of-1.11-per-Class-A-Share-of-Common-Stock/default.aspx

DisAg
I would be green if not for one stupid trade. I even had it set up perfectly to buy off of the EMA (SSNT). FOMO kicked in, and all logic/reasoning left my head.

How many times do I have to touch a hot stove before I learn?

Having said that, I am not that red, made a really two really good trades using the charts for entry and exits, then emotions took and ****ed it up with one last bad trade that turned a very green into a slight red.

AH is dead though. Its like everyone left the building and said, IM OUT.
LOYAL AG
AG
Red Rover said:

Patience. What's the Warren Buffet quote? Something about the stock market being a place to transfer wealth from the impatient to the patient.

If a bad day is hitting your more than the overall market then you're trading high beta stocks most likely. That's a boom or bust cycle to some degree and you have to take the bad with the good. The good is that, while I'm down $20 from my Monday entry point on RIOT I know it's the price action on BTC driving at least part of it. I also know that due to the absurdly high IV I can sell covered calls for a few weeks til it gains some of it back so I'm still generating revenue and bringing down my basis. And lastly I know that just as RIOT has days like today where it's down 12+% it also has days where it's up at least that much.

So unless you just have to get out of the stock if it's one you're comfortable carrying for a few days to a few weeks then you should consider that before taking losses you don't have to. I don't think anyone sees this as the start of a huge drop so be patient and see where we land before making any permanent decisions.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
ag94whoop
AG
I feel like CLOV is playing a game of limbo....how low can you go?!!
ag94whoop
AG
anyone on here other than me use you invest daily as a trader? (I may be the only one lol)
If so, can you explain a few things to me offline?

also how many of yall have transferred all your positions from one trading platform to another?
CheladaAg
AG
tsuag10 said:

$RKT

https://ir.rocketcompanies.com/news-and-events/press-releases/press-release-details/2021/Rocket-Companies-Experiences-Explosive-Growth-Revenue-Increases-144-year-over-year-to-4.7-Billion-in-Fourth-Quarter-Company-Announces-Special-Dividend-of-1.11-per-Class-A-Share-of-Common-Stock/default.aspx

You would think UWMC would move in sympathy of RKT earnings but its moving the opposite direction
HoustonAg2014
AG
ag94whoop said:

I am actually worried i am going to wake up tomorrow and it will be $0. I have never seen a stock that is this well liked, fall 50% in 2 weeks with constant 8% down days and no up days. Even after hours down another 5%. Very frustrating to watch.
ag94whoop
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

ag94whoop said:

I am actually worried i am going to wake up tomorrow and it will be $0. I have never seen a stock that is this well liked, fall 50% in 2 weeks with constant 8% down days and no up days. Even after hours down another 5%. Very frustrating to watch.
Yeah even as a total newbie this makes no business sense to me.

The only thing I can think is that this is a massive shorting by several parties, who probably pressed for the Hindenburg report, then contracted with 6-8 firms to file CALs and drive the price down. I just wonder where bottom is for them. I really thought $10 was bottom.....actually I thought $12, then 11, then $10.
Can anyone find out how high % of float is shorted? Yahoo says N/A for % of float but 4.91% of outstanding shares. I am wondering if this is just a case of the short sellers over doing it and driving it a little too hard down and creating a panic. IDK....but I would never have thought WWR would fall back into the $5s either....so wth do i know...lol
DisAg
Dunno how reliable this sites data is.

https://fintel.io/ss/us/clov

Short volume ratio is 25%
Jet Black
What are the thoughts on FUBO?
ag94whoop
AG
DisAg said:

Dunno how reliable this sites data is.

https://fintel.io/ss/us/clov

Short volume ratio is 25%
I just looked at the site. Its is showing 32% short volume ratio now. unless I am reading it wrong.

32% is pretty damn high.

Man I know I am really new to this but that chart looks like someone is really screwing with CLOV

AgsnFly
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My tax refund hit before close so I dumped it into AAPL before the closing bell.

Turnaround starts tomorrow, right?

Hopefully you are right but you need to consider interest rates and their effects on growth stocks. Rising rates are generally bad for most stocks that have high multiples.

Also consider who owns the stock and what are the motivations. With a stock like AAPL with over a trillion dollar mcap, it is safe to assume that much of the investor base is not easily shaken but that also implies that billions of dollars of value have been collared for insurance , and as the price drops with macro-related selling pressure, the market makers move from a gamma long to a gamma short position that can make downside move more volatile.
McInnis 03
AG
Volume warning

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BrokeAssAggie
AggieChemist
AG
TheVarian said:

AggieChemist said:

NRD09 said:

We've seen how you hunt and fish. You do everything the hard way, why would trading be any different?

At least you bring home the Bacon, poor giddings
A country boy can survive. Because he has to. Because the stock market took all his money.
Slappy007
AG
ag94whoop said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

ag94whoop said:

Yeah even as a total newbie this makes no business sense to me.

The only thing I can think is that this is a massive shorting by several parties, who probably pressed for the Hindenburg report, then contracted with 6-8 firms to file CALs and drive the price down. I just wonder where bottom is for them. I really thought $10 was bottom.....actually I thought $12, then 11, then $10.
Can anyone find out how high % of float is shorted? Yahoo says N/A for % of float but 4.91% of outstanding shares. I am wondering if this is just a case of the short sellers over doing it and driving it a little too hard down and creating a panic. IDK....but I would never have thought WWR would fall back into the $5s either....so wth do i know...lol
CLOV reminds me of FSR back in late October. My guess is it may potentially sink another $1 or so, but you'll want to be involved in the ride back up.
ClutchCityAg
When will you be launching your own Squawk Box? I need this type of top notch analysis all day
Let it ride
First Page Last Page
Page 3347 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.