Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,052,893 Views | 231676 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Ornithopter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was just making a joke

I bought earlier on WWR. Hopefully you can too.
peacedude
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

I've seen HC's PTs never be realized...many, many times.
cptthunder
does that count as a tricksy move on SPY there?
Lets hope so
TubTub
Anybody know what happened to @traderstewie? Dude has been MIA since last Tuesday.
mazag08
AG
DNN

Based on the greeks, I'm targeting $0.50 April 16 CC's on the $2.5 strike on or before March 1st. It will take an underlying stock price of $1.85 or so.

So if it shoots back up in the next week, watch it above $1.50 for an increased call premium.
GigEmRangers75455
Does anyone think the war on crypto by the government could cause a collapse in the sector? Maybe not immediately but In the future. If it threatens the US dollar then I worry they'll do whatever it takes.
khaos288
AG
DubFalls said:

I was just making a joke

I bought earlier on WWR. Hopefully you can too.
haha that deadpan was too spot on. Went over my head.

Yeah, I'm heavy WWR, buying back covered calls is about as wild as I want to get haha
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

/ES retested 3845 support there and it held. Bought more SPY calls as it was tetering there.
We are here again on low volume........dip buy, watch closely
ABORT. Stopped out.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
TecRecAg
AG
This is why I'm staying out of it all together. I'm sure there is money to be made in it, but I'm afraid it gets crushed long term.
Ted Lasso
AG
here we go, buying fubo 1/2022 $35's. slow entry, add as needed
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
The Mouse saving me today

Just bought curi shares, and a handful of dg weekly 200/205 spreads for .52
FTAG 2000
AG
Aggies75455 said:

Does anyone think the war on crypto by the government could cause a collapse in the sector? Maybe not immediately but In the future. If it threatens the US dollar then I worry they'll do whatever it takes.
You act like those currently in charge of our government care about the dollar.

But your point is likely valid with respect to China and their view towards crypto.
ClutchCityAg
Big Call flows on SONO and BABA
Let it ride
mazag08
AG
AG 2000' said:

Aggies75455 said:

But your point is likely valid with respect to China and their view towards crypto.
I think it's more their view of monetary policy and their lust for control.

They see Bitcoin taking off. They see Elon and Bill thorwing billions at it. That's investment money they can no longer control. They want to control it.

I see regulations of some sort happening to crypto. Don't know when.. but with the current idiots in charge I definitely see it happening.
ClutchCityAg
Wow just checked in on JMIA.. what happened the last couple weeks? Earnings tomorrow..
Let it ride
ag94whoop
AG
looks like im done for the day.

bought what I could and hope it goes up tomorrow a bunch
Ornithopter
AG
It also reduces their ability to influence things with monetary policy.

Right now the dollar is the reserve currency of the world - they would start a war to keep it that way.
agdaddy04
AG
This has definitely taught me to have more cash on hand for mornings like these. Need to get my 401k converted to IRA ASAP as well so I can buy some of these dips.
McInnis 03
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Wow just checked in on JMIA.. what happened the last couple weeks? Earnings tomorrow..
A good lesson in "reversion to mean". When it was above 60 it was trading a full +1 standard deviation (pretty damn extended) off the daily levels. The daily mean was about $43.30 give or take. Tagged it today.

It was mentioned above there was bull flow on BABA......it is now BELOW the -1 Standard Deviation on the daily. Hard to stay down there for an extended period of time.

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
jimmo
Quote:

Those who sat it out should begin slowly cherry picking. WWR hit mid $5's for a steal.

My accounts are red short term because covered calls are out so far that it takes time for decay to add to underlying share value.

Crypto's hit hard by big drop. You knew it wasn't going to keep just endlessly rising and even with 100% covered calls on trades like EBON it's going to take time for balance arbitrage.

I had a neighboring property oil well slush tank empty into one of my properties lake, so dealing with an ecological mess. I'm going to own that oil company! My place smells like a refinery.
I'm sure you got it covered, OA - but just in case..
I know a good Ag in Houston area that specializes in environmental clean ups. .
he's top notch

McInnis 03
AG
Buying APR 270c's on BABA. I'll reset the trade if it decides to dive from here, but I like the daily candle (bullish abandoned baby maybe?) and I like to take a chance scalping something that's so far away from the mean.

B&I Key:
AggieChemist
AG
I sold covered 3/19 2.50 calls on my 700 shares of DNN in my play account. I was in on those shares at $1.20 The option premium gets my cost down to $1.10. If I get called out, I'm happy to 2X my money on 3/19.
AggieChemist
AG
third coast.. said:

For future reference, today is not the kind of day you want to be selling calls. I mean, obviously it is symbol dependant but you should wait for a green day to maximize the premium you collect.
Noted. I will remember that for the future. I'm still playing around and learning the options in that account.

On a day like today it felt good to make a little money on something.
AggieChemist
AG
And actually, I ran back and checked and the limit order hadn't filled yet, so I cancelled. I'll sit tight and wait for some upward movement and look at what the prices do.

Thanks for the advice.

Next time I get a wild hair up my ass to make an options play I'll get feedback here first.
AggieChemist
AG
Was supposed to be a thumbs up.
tsuag10
AG
Last week I picked up a couple of $AAPL 1/2022 $150 calls (I guess these would be called LEAPS?) for $10.75

Today they are down nearly 25% to $8.10.

Should I:

A) Buy more
B) Do nothing
C) Sell now to avoid further loss

First time for me on LEAPS, so any advice is appreciated. TIA
Boban
Although today has been brutal, it has been a good day to add to WWR on some of these dips. Dips keep having less and less volume sell off each time too.

Got called out on a chunk of FLNT CC I sold a few weeks back for a 50% gain. Going to keep watching it to potentially add back in the position.
62strat
AG
is now the time to buy the aapl dip, or is still falling?

I have a lot of aapl but haven't bought any since oct at $115. Thinking I need to add another 20 shares or so.
FTAG 2000
AG
mazag08 said:

AG 2000' said:

Aggies75455 said:

I think it's more their view of monetary policy and their lust for control.

They see Bitcoin taking off. They see Elon and Bill thorwing billions at it. That's investment money they can no longer control. They want to control it.

I see regulations of some sort happening to crypto. Don't know when.. but with the current idiots in charge I definitely see it happening.
The main brokerages like Coinbase already report to the IRS.

And if Yellen gets her way on the tax on every transaction, they'll be getting their rake for anyone buying crypto anywhere (Coinbase, Paypal, Mastercard, Apple, etc.).

FTAG 2000
AG
4&T said:

Although today has been brutal, it has been a good day to add to WWR on some of these dips. Dips keep having less and less volume sell off each time too.

Got called out on a chunk of FLNT CC I sold a few weeks back for a 50% gain. Going to keep watching it to potentially add back in the position.
Agreed.

I added some WWR 5/21 $5 puts, 1.55 in premium.
FJ43
tsuag10 said:

Last week I picked up a couple of $AAPL 1/2022 $150 calls (I guess these would be called LEAPS?) for $10.75

Should I:

A) Buy more
B) Do nothing

Lots of time. Time is on your side here and its AAPL.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

mazag08
AG
Thanks *******s

Quote:

BENSALEM, Pa., Feb. 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Law Offices of Howard G. Smith reminds investors that class action lawsuits have been filed on behalf of shareholders of the following publicly-traded companies. Investors have until the deadlines listed below to file a lead plaintiff motion.

CLOV
tsuag10
AG
FJ43 said:

tsuag10 said:

Should I:

A) Buy more
B) Do nothing

Lots of time. Time is on your side here and its AAPL.
Agreed. That's why I'm debating between A and B; leaning towards A
First Page Last Page
Page 3315 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.