Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,355 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yikes... I've had a damn near nightmare of a day at work and finally looks at my trading account... down 8% for the day talk about double whammy

Mainly thanks to NIO!
Jet Black
Options gurus. I currently own 800 shares of FUBO. If I sell covered calls, MAR 12 55c, is that a smart move? What is my downside, I potentially have to sell at $55?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
BREwmaster said:

this guy is usually a permabear, but he's gone full bull here...

I'm at day 14 for my IRA rollover. I may have timed it perfectly.

Though my taxable account is pretty beat up right now.
BayAg_14
Essentially yes. If the option contract is exercised at the strike price you would miss out on any profits over $55.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
So CCIV/Lucid gets officially announced today and it drops?
ProgN
Jet Black said:

Options gurus. I currently own 800 shares of FUBO. If I sell covered calls, MAR 12 55c, is that a smart move? What is my downside, I potentially have to sell at $55?
What's the buy price of your 800 shares?
irish pete ag06
AG
mc_shipman said:

On the upside, as my account shrinks 5% losses become smaller and smaller sums of money!

Catching up and this made me LOL...

I loaded very heavy on DPW and EBON last week. Very humbling today.
YNWA_AG
AG
Classic buy the rumor and sell the news case
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Man I get it, but dropping from a 57 close to 42 is crazy!

Is that normal for SPACs? Seems like CCIV to Lucid was the worst kept secret.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

YNWA_AG said:

Man I get it, but dropping from a 57 close to 42 is crazy!

Is that normal for SPACs? Seems like CCIV to Lucid was the worst kept secret.
Pretty normal. Typical SPAC movement is steady upward trend as rumors of a merger start, then a sharp drop off after merger announcement, then steady upward trend until ticker changes, and then another sharp drop off.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
not claiming to be a master trader, but if it is helpful to anyone, here is what I did:

• I knew /ES & /NQ were in no mans land last week, I significantly lightened up mostly by not rolling covered calls or intentionally selling ITM calls against shares I owned so that I would get assigned (or keep shares with major downside protection
  • I hedged last week for March expiration
  • I made a decision to trade very lightly this week, but would scoop up opportunities that I thought made sense (e.g. PSNL or DADA from today)
  • I sold March covered calls this morning on everything I kept optimizing for OTM and premium bearing (not so far up there I couldn't command premium, but not so close it's highly likely to be assigned)
  • Today, I sold puts on select items I want to get into and believe I can monetize if I have to through covered calls in the future to drive costs down
  • Most importantly, I did not panic and I ignored the unrealized loss. Market is still in an uptrend
Jet Black
$42
ProgN
Jet Black said:

$42
That's a good entry price. It's down AH so if that continues into the open then the 55 calls will be less than 2. The chart is kinda in no-mans land, it could go lower or reverse. If it were me, based on the firms that have taken large positions in FUBO the past couple of weeks, I'd nut up and hold off writing CCs at this level. The market could get a relief rally and if so, you could write the 60-65s for the same premium as the 55s today. JMO.
Jet Black
Prognightmare said:

Jet Black said:

$42
That's a good entry price. It's down AH so if that continues into the open then the 55 calls will be less than 2. The chart is kinda in no-mans land, it could go lower or reverse. If it were me, based on the firms that have taken large positions in FUBO the past couple of weeks, I'd nut up and hold off writing CCs at this level. The market could get a relief rally and if so, you could write the 60-65s for the same premium as the 55s today. JMO.

Thanks
Jet Black
BayAg_14 said:

Essentially yes. If the option contract is exercised at the strike price you would miss out on any profits over $55.

Thanks
AgsnFly
AG
Jet Black said:

Smart move depends on your price bias; however, the implied vol seems reasonably healthy, although not sure how it rates over its short history, but assume its elevated given earning are within the exercise window. If this implied vol is much weaker than typical than maybe not so smart (unless your price bias is lower).

Your downside is the stock goes to zero and you only book the premium on the 55 calls.

Your opportunity loss is the stock settling above the 55 strike price, at time of expiration (less the premium you collected). Should you be called out, you will gain around $15/share from today's price plus the premium you collected.
Ags2013
AG
UWMC at sub 8 is crazy. The financials don't support that at all.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

not claiming to be a master trader, but if it is helpful to anyone, here is what I did:

• I knew /ES & /NQ were in no mans land last week, I significantly lightened up mostly by not rolling covered calls or intentionally selling ITM calls against shares I owned so that I would get assigned (or keep shares with major downside protection
  • I hedged last week for March expiration
  • I made a decision to trade very lightly this week, but would scoop up opportunities that I thought made sense (e.g. PSNL or DADA from today)
  • I sold March covered calls this morning on everything I kept optimizing for OTM and premium bearing (not so far up there I couldn't command premium, but not so close it's highly likely to be assigned)
  • Today, I sold puts on select items I want to get into and believe I can monetize if I have to through covered calls in the future to drive costs down
  • Most importantly, I did not panic and I ignored the unrealized loss. Market is still in an uptrend

Great post 30k
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

TexasAg2017
AG
I'll likely load a few more shares in the AM.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
guess what! we've got good setups.

ag94whoop
AG
Ags2013 said:

This is one of those stocks I truly dont understand. they are doing everything right except go up.
This could EASILY be a 1.5-2x stock given its 3 month history but its been falling this entire month.

I am curious where bottom will be. I thought I bought at bottom around $9 but it has continued to set historical lows every week. At some point it has to turn up given its financials, right? Where is bottom?
Aggie09Derek
AG
CCIV AH
cisgenderedAggie
$30,000 Millionaire said:

guess what! we've got good setups.

Are you saying I should buy back my existing IVR covered calls at $4?
Brewmaster
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

CCIV AH
i feel your pain, somewhat... I have an 85C covered call, that should net me a pretty penny tomorrow.

this makes sense too:

Mostly Foggy Recollection
This one was my only decent sized buy today. I nibbled on a few things to keep myself cash happy, but UWMC was my one solid add today.
FbgTxAg
AG
ag94whoop said:

Ags2013 said:

This is one of those stocks I truly dont understand. they are doing everything right except go up.
This could EASILY be a 1.5-2x stock given its 3 month history but its been falling this entire month.

I am curious where bottom will be. I thought I bought at bottom around $9 but it has continued to set historical lows every week. At some point it has to turn up given its financials, right? Where is bottom?
AAPL says hi.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
FbgTxAg
AG
On another topic - anyone know when the ticker is supposed to change for TSNP to become HUMBL? TSNP has been fantastic, but I'll probably take some profits the day before it changes. Then buy the dip.

I can't find any info about it in the 2 minutes I spent trying....

TIA.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
YNWA_AG
AG
ARK bought around 200 mil of Tesla today
Ragoo
AG
YNWA_AG said:

TSLA is trading at -3ATR, hasn't traded at -3ATR since late last March.... up 9x since then.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Ragoo said:

YNWA_AG said:

TSLA is trading at -3ATR, hasn't traded at -3ATR since late last March.... up 9x since then.
What does -3ATR mean?
Jet Black
So, I assume HWMC is a buy sub $8?
LeisureSuitLarry
Is there a manure stock? Most of mine went to sh*t today so might as well get the real thing.
UWMC... and yes, IMO

I think it's an easy 50%er from here. Don't ask me for timeframe, because I figured we would be trading in the low teens.

It's an accumulation play for me.
Anyone in EDIT?

Researching for a starter position.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/clover-health-host-clover-assistant-234000934.html

$CLOV news. Looks like they'll be doing a demo of their Clover Health Assistant on March 2nd.

Q4 Earnings call is March 1st. Should be an eventful week.
First Page Last Page
Page 3307 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.