Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,081,745 Views | 231780 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tv1113 said:

Next question then, when do you actually lose significant money selling CC and naked puts? When premium gained is significantly less than the value lost through the stock price drop?

It seems like it's too simple to make money off of selling options, so what is the catch I guess

Clov example.

Say you sold Feb19 $12.50 puts for $1.50. Say that some huge investigative news is announced that takes stock to $4 on expiration day.

You don't notice, you get assigned because stock is sub $12.50. You are paying the share seller $1250. You previously got $150 for the put. Your out of pocket is $1100. You just got 100 shares of a $4 stock. You own $400 in assets, net loss $700.

There are ways around this ending, but you can certainly "lose" selling naked puts.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
LeisureSuitLarry
Thought this may be of interest.

Aston04
AG
Congrats momo longs. Almost $20/share.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
WeBull declined me for options trading citing inconsistent investment objectives (growth...), maybe it's because I haven't funded the account yet. I emailed them to protest. Might be on to Robinhood at this rate. I did request level 5 options on a brand new account.

I guess I really am getting the $100 to invest experience.
jj9000
AG
Aggie09Derek
AG
Who here is still in on CCIV?

This guy is a good follow:
https://twitter.com/alexcutler247

Picked up some a month ago at just under $15 a share and then recently added 50% more at $29.

Bought my first YOLO call yesterday before it took off - Jan 20th 2023 $35c

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
da fuq
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
0708aggie said:

Anyone looking at CBAT?
own a couple hundred shares. waiting.
irish pete ag06
AG
Tibbers said:

Do you guys have any method or tracker on triple 0 stocks? Those are fun to play to see one day explode. Just curious the best method of locating them.
Sadly, almost all of them have been played up out of trips. Nearly all of them are CE now which is super risky.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Couple sharts for you guys. First one, is Week/Day on S&P. We don't tend to stay above +2 ATR on the weekly for very long. While it is possible we power up to 4000 this week, I would consider that to be somewhat of an extreme move. More likely move in my opinion is we probably chop this week and we should see sub 3900 trading. OPEX weeks can be crazy. I think indexes move less than 1% by week end. Big moves down more likely than big moves up.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I am!
This is as close as I'll ever get to regretting going net free in 1 day (bought 2k i think, and pulled back my capital when it went up 10 or 15%)
Aggie09Derek
AG
NRD09 said:

I am!
This is as close as I'll ever get to regretting going net free in 1 day (bought 2k i think, and pulled back my capital when it went up 10 or 15%)
Normally when stuff doubles I go net free but this time decided to add 50% more instead

Then bought YOLO calls....

As the kids say....To The Moon!!!!!!!!!!!
FbgTxAg
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Couple sharts for you guys. First one, is Week/Day on S&P. We don't tend to stay above +2 ATR on the weekly for very long. While it is possible we power up to 4000 this week, I would consider that to be somewhat of an extreme move. More likely move in my opinion is we probably chop this week and we should see sub 3900 trading. OPEX weeks can be crazy. I think indexes move less than 1% by week end. Big moves down more likely than big moves up.

Ya? Well...you know...that's like...your opinion, man.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I hear we have some SKEW experts. I don't think we're in the danger zone where $SKEW says imminent collapse, but it is important to note that it is elevated above the traditional hedging threshold (hence, why i'm hedging). Doesn't mean markets will fall, but they can. If this spikes to 150, I would get light.

Edit to say more: the SKEW coming down is a good thing relative to a crash, but it may mean extreme moves, up or down, are less likely.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Put/call ratio is a little bit less bullish, still very bullish. Not in obvious complacency territory, though.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
now for some more interesting stuff.

$RUN looks great.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$BFT - the line between diamond hands and bad risk management is pretty thin sometimes. This had a fantastic close above the 8 and this is a clear reversal pattern, and hope it continues next week. Hopefully, profit will be available for at least the 17.5s. Shares would have been better.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$AAPL - hopefully everyone's faith will be rewarded, including mine. The range keeps getting tighter and the energy is building up, which way will it break?

An alternative view on this is a small bearish pennant that broke to the downside. I didn't draw it because the flag pole isn't large enough to count in my opinion.

I also want to point out that this is consolidating at a higher level than the previous consolidation in January and November before that.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$DNN - I haven't even sold covered calls on this yet. I probably should have, but got busy.

Curious to see what happens this week.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
more later. post if you want me to chart something.
Ornithopter
AG
Thanks for posting!

Could you do FUBO please? It's looking like it might be a cup and handle, but I'm new to this.
RigsTx
AG
So I am working on learning the 50% Model T Retracement this afternoon.

The biggest question I keep coming back to is what is the most common timeframe to use when looking at Fibonacci Retracements. Or really in looking at anything when charting.

I am almost through Page 1 of the thread, but I did go down a rabbit hole watching multiple videos on how to properly chart a Fibonacci Retracement.

So if the timeframe question is answered further in the thread my apologies.
Prophet00
AG
Curious your thoughts in UWMC? Quarterly returns were very good, and they've had support around the initial IPO offering of $10. Staying steady around $9 now.
backintexas2013
AG
I asked this in discord but will ask it here. I searched online and couldn't find it. What other stocks under $5 have weeklies? I know SNDL but no other ones. Thanks.
Cartographer
The good news: they work.

The bad new: literally work in every time frame.

You just need to pick the ones you can decipher.
frankm01
backintexas2013 said:

I asked this in discord but will ask it here. I searched online and couldn't find it. What other stocks under $5 have weeklies? I know SNDL but no other ones. Thanks.
I don't know of any off hand that have weeklies, but you can look at this screener and it will at least it narrow down a little. You can filter to below $5.00 stock that are optionable, but doesn't drill down to weeklies/monthlies.

Free Stock Screener (finviz.com)

Hope this helps.
0708aggie
AG
made a few changes to the options tab of the spreadsheet. I don't have original purchase price or sales prices to determine overall gain.

Also, I might just delete this since when the option expires, the price wont update.
backintexas2013
AG
Thank you
kyledr04
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

$AAPL - hopefully everyone's faith will be rewarded, including mine. The range keeps getting tighter and the energy is building up, which way will it break?

An alternative view on this is a small bearish pennant that broke to the downside. I didn't draw it because the flag pole isn't large enough to count in my opinion.

I also want to point out that this is consolidating at a higher level than the previous consolidation in January and November before that.

If AAPL breaks 142 next week, the board will be like we beat tu on a last second interception. Looking forward to it.
Philip J Fry
AG
How did I miss the $FCEL boat? Would be curious to see how much higher it could go.
Ragoo
AG
BLNK
BrokeAssAggie
That BLNK chart looks a lot like SDC. I'm going to look at entering options 30 days out.
oldarmy1
AG
GILD looks to be obeying the 21 DMA as the 200 DMA gets into it's bullish position. That firat gap up didn't get filled on pullback due to strength of interest. The second one came within a nickel and now we have 2 days holding the 21DMA. Looks like GILD is getting ready to move on upward.

Willie Lane
I bought my first cryptocurrency this afternoon. I still don't know if I fully understand all the ins and outside, but thankfully my brother in law walked me through it all.
D2F1D0
AG
Can someone explain this?

I know AO talked quickly in the first newbies seminar.

"Must leverage after hours trading to exploit option positions on big AH moves. Short shares against calls on big spikes, buy shares against puts on major sell offs. Effectively close position when restricted from option trading. (See AMC)"
Chaos is reality, clarity is the goal, simplicity is a choice.
First Page Last Page
Page 3247 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.