Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,083,480 Views | 231801 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Andy07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My plan with WWR:
I have 1500 shares. Sold 5 CC at $12.50 for 2/19 and 5 CC at $12.50 for 3/19. If those calls expire OTM on 2/19 then I'll look for an opportunity to sell 5 more $12.5 CC for April's strike.

I'll look to keep selling OTM CC on those 1000 shares until they're called away and I'm net free with a large enough gain to pay the tax man. The other 500 shares can sit in my account and appreciate for a few years or until they become a large enough % of the account and I'll re-balance after they become long term gains.
ebdb_bnb
irish pete ag06 said:

Anyone that uses fidelity... is there a way to see what your balances were day to day? Or even week to week? I'm gonna start tracking my weekly in a spread sheet, but I was wondering if this was available on fidelity. I can only find monthly info. I've looked and looked and googled. No luck.

You can see your closed positions by day, week, month and ytd. Wouldn't that get you there? What good does looking at unrealized gains/losses?
wanderer
No April options for WWR.

I've noticed that the majority of options eligible tickers don't have April '21 options available. It's Feb/Mar/May/Jun/Aug (or something of that sort). Any good reason why this is the case?
Brewmaster
AG
yep, I tend to agree with you. Just from a technical standpoint it is in a bullish descending wedge (moon added for some Friday humor) but given it's earnings AND options expiration week, I bet it just goes sideways. My average is $6 excluding CC sells, but much lower than that with CC's. I have cc's on for half my shares, but won't sell the other half until we retest those 52 week highs. One of their mines sure is close to the TSLA plant in Nevada, just sayin
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I unfortunately had to miss the live version of the seminar, let's just say I had one of those days at work where there is abject panic, but it ends up being all right. I'm totally gassed after starting before 6:00 AM today to resolve an issue. I'm looking forward to watching the recording, and I'll have some good time this weekend to look at some setups.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'll probably go backwards a little bit next week with AAPL/BFT - so far this year I am +23%.

Hope you all are hedging!!!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
last thing - a person I mentor asked me to teach them to trade. They don't have a lot of capital, so we're going to start with $100 and see what we can do with an account, probably on Webull. I'm not OA, but if anyone is interested, would love to collaborate on it.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
irish pete ag06 said:

Anyone that uses fidelity... is there a way to see what your balances were day to day? Or even week to week? I'm gonna start tracking my weekly in a spread sheet, but I was wondering if this was available on fidelity. I can only find monthly info. I've looked and looked and googled. No luck.

When you look at your account, the tab in the far left, might just be called Summary, has a daily account value chart if you scroll down a bit. You can see this on a 1-month, ytd, or 1-year view. There you can get what you are asking for I think.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'd volunteer to teach them what not to do in trading.
ag94whoop
AG
oldarmy1 said:

It's going to be a winner. Ignore the noise and average down is what I've done.

I totally agree (And I trust your opinion above my others) and that's why, despite the fact that it falls out of my swing trade plan, I'm holding for a while because I do believe it will double or triple this year.
aggies4life
AG
Anyone use Webull? Interesting it has trading starting at 4am.....plus crypto too.
irish pete ag06
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

irish pete ag06 said:

When you look at your account, the tab in the far left, might just be called Summary, has a daily account value chart if you scroll down a bit. You can see this on a 1-month, ytd, or 1-year view. There you can get what you are asking for I think.

Thank you sir!!! I feel really dumb now.
Philip J Fry
AG
I'm on Webull as of last week.
agdaddy04
AG
What are the current thoughts on BRQS?
aggies4life
AG
Thoughts so far? What broker did you have before?
Philip J Fry
AG
I was on RH. I'll say that I like the extra info Webull provides, but also think the UI is harder to navigate than it should be.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Are you inviting people you want to mentor, or people for advice?

I would absolutely appreciate a mentor for me, but my guess is youre looking for others to help.

With that said, if anyone is open to mentor a novice, who is eager to learn, I'm open and ready
DisAg
Jesus, 438 messages since I last checked this afternoon.

More CLOV news, may have already been posted, apologies if so

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katiejennings/2021/02/12/walgreens-revealed-as-investor-in-insurance-company-under-federal-investigation/?sh=153bc8634f86
Bob Knights Paper Hands
WWR - shares at close were $8.92. If we assume a downside is to get back to $5, then any shares I take profit on now potentially give me 44% return (or $3.92) if I buy back in right at $5. If I sell 3/29 $10 CC for $2.21 then if it goes to $10 I profit 37% return (or $3.29) and if it goes down to $5 I should be able to buy the CC back for $0.55, giving me a potential return of 19% (or $1.66). I guess really more than that up to the full 25% (or $2.21) if it expires worthless. Did I do that right?

If I sold 3/19 $7.50 CC then I would still get 17% ($1.55) more than if I just sold and if it goes down below that and expired I would have a 33% return (the $2.97 premium).

So it looks like if I think in the next month it's more likely so sink back down a bit I might look at selling a few $7.5 CCs a hedge instead of selling off some shares hoping to buy back cheaper. Does that make sense?

Sorry for the rambling stream of consciousness - I'm doing this from my phone while the wife watches The Handmaid.
khaos288
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

WWR - shares at close were $8.92. If we assume a downside is to get back to $5, then any shares I take profit on now potentially give me 44% return (or $3.92) if I buy back in right at $5. If I sell 3/29 $10 CC for $2.21 then if it goes to $10 I profit 37% return (or $3.29) and if it goes down to $5 I should be able to buy the CC back for $0.55, giving me a potential return of 19% (or $1.66). I guess really more than that up to the full 25% (or $2.21) if it expires worthless. Did I do that right?

If I sold 3/19 $7.50 CC then I would still get 17% ($1.55) more than if I just sold and if it goes down below that and expired I would have a 33% return (the $2.97 premium).

So it looks like if I think in the next month it's more likely so sink back down a bit I might look at selling a few $7.5 CCs a hedge instead of selling off some shares hoping to buy back cheaper. Does that make sense?

Sorry for the rambling stream of consciousness - I'm doing this from my phone while the wife watches The Handmaid.
ITM covered calls are a great way to maximize returns. You're spot on.
ag94whoop
AG
I really need to learn options better
docaggie
AG

Can someone knowledgeable tell me what THIS means?
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
D2F1D0
AG
Stress test. But this time on a steeper, more focused point.

Vaguely familiar with this stuff.
Chaos is reality, clarity is the goal, simplicity is a choice.
Ornithopter
AG
It is tempting to just load up on puts, but I have enough that is should roughly offset any losses if the correction becomes major
chubbs07
AG
I love this group. I am not as active as I want to be, but damn it is an amazing place! (just got done catching up on the day). I also missed the live version of OA's seminar, but I am excited to watch the video. Never felt better about my family's future than now, knowing that I CAN learn this stuff and implement the options strategies that actually make a difference. I have made a lot of mistakes the past year or so, but have still managed to get some great returns in my trading account and in my retirement account. Thanks to all of you for that - Ags helping Ags is a beautiful thing!

I am excited for next week and will be looking for a new potential new entry into PLTR, to add to my net free holding, as well as possibly adding a hedge/long dated VIX call or two (VIX closed under $20)

Outside of board favorites NIO, MGNI, PLTR, and others, I am currently in on shares of:
CLOV (late to the game, but luckily buying under $12 the last couple days)
WWR (#SHBM)
DPW
RLFTF (stevekavdc - twitter - he called this out recently) (no options)
SSFT (no options)
*new skill (finally comfortable with it) is selling of calls/puts. Sold one CC each for WWR and DPW (mar 19 $15 & mar 19 $7.50, respectively).

Have a great weekend, everyone, and thanks again for the community. It's a special place.
And CONGRATs to all the families welcoming in a child (or two!)
wangus12
AG
Up 20% on the little expirement. Still need to avoid getting into thing at the wrong time though
frankm01
McInnis 03 said:

One of my twitter follows just told me I should check out "EXPI" becuase it splits next week.

We need to find some way to alert us anytime a split is announced. 1/19 EXPI announced the split, look at the chart since 1/19. Buy at the split announcement. Sell in the runup.
Not sure if this will help, but this site shows when splits are scheduled. I just dont know how far in advance they post.

Stock Splits Calendar | Nasdaq
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Wrong thread
Wrong thread
Triple wrong post thread
Whitehouse Road
AG
Just FYI for those of you who missed the seminar, since a few have posted about watching the recording. OA said he wasn't going to post the recording for this one. I believe he lost his slides/charts because of power outages due to the winter storm, so he didn't get to go over the things he wanted to. Instead he said he would do another one.
Ragoo
AG

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

last thing - a person I mentor asked me to teach them to trade. They don't have a lot of capital, so we're going to start with $100 and see what we can do with an account, probably on Webull. I'm not OA, but if anyone is interested, would love to collaborate on it.

I'd be curious to see these experiments in their own threads if you guys have the bandwidth to maintain them. I know there's yours, oa's rh, and wangus
FbgTxAg
AG
TRXC

Some of us are in this stock and doing well. Doing some DD and this stock has a history of making about one good run a year, often getting up to the $6-$6.50 range, before reverting back down (often sub $1)

Perhaps this thing keeps running a little longer, but selling CCs on this thing around $7 seems like the best strategy, along with buying puts around 6. I wouldn't sell a put on it if you held a gun to my head. If you've purchased calls above 7 (I have some) it might be time to take the profit, which I will be doing once it starts to falter.

Just trying to add some value to the thread - tired of being a freeloader on other's knowledge/work.

(Now watch it run to $20! Lol)
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

These are .35/.40 and $4 OTM

I think they recently had news about some huge contract with a hospital system in Japan? Maybe the Financials from that change the game? Estimated earnings date march 15
Edit: or maybe isrg buys them for that contract!
Jeez I'm really good at getting page top
First Page Last Page
Page 3245 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.