Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,086,404 Views | 231818 Replies | Last: 37 min ago by El_duderino
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
htown12 said:

I'm taking a WSB meets TexAgs outlook this year with one of my play accounts. Risk Tolerance = infinity

Taking 15K to 1 million or 0. So far 15 to 60K mostly on plays here and TLRY. See yall on the moon boys.
hahaha, Yes! Just honor your stops. Give us an update from time to time. Watch SNDL for a nice bounce back next week too.
LOYAL AG
AG
Touchless said:

MOMO looking to complete the cup next week.

Careful with this one more than 4 weeks out. They have earnings on 3/18. The huge gap down in July was directly caused by earnings with bad revenue guidance. The October earnings didn't do a ton to change the outlook. I've been in this one since right before that July earnings, selling covered for nickels that were way below my purchase price just patiently riding it out til it finally filled that gap which is has. I got in at $20.90 so I'm hoping next week is the week i finally assign out of it. Longest covered call I've ever carried. Regardless of what happens in the next four weeks before earnings week I'm getting out.
htown12
I will! I'm planning no more than 20% in on options play per just because this week quite a few have gone against me. Let the winners run and set a 50% stop on anything that looks like its lagging (aka should have cut my feb 19 appls).

FJ43
NRD09 said:

Thanks fj, looks like you and panduh jive with the exception of you being cautious of that gap.
BrokeAssAggie
OA, I appreciate you taking the time today with the options seminar even though you felt like you were not prepared. I learned A LOT!!! I love how your tactics and tricks are easy to pick up on. I'm not an engineer or mathematician so it's much appreciated. Have a great weekend and stay warm!
tlepoC
AG
I won't be following that. HOLD
Jet Black
It's nothing but a feeling but I think FUBO could really take off next week.
FJ43
NRD09 said:

Thanks fj, looks like you and panduh jive with the exception of you being cautious of that gap.
Hey NRD09

Just got off OA's advanced seminar and not sure if you were on it or not so making a chart revision for you. I may not have this right and be totally wrong here but I would revise my previous chart to this and use caution. See this update. I may be wrong but this broke the long term channel and lost the 8/21/50 so I would be patient if I was buying shares personally.

FJ43
OA....NAILS AS ALWAYS
oldarmy1
AG
Broke through that resistance and has now retraced right back to test if resistance has become support. You could be risk aggressive by buying calls out 30 days or wait for confirmation of support to lower risk. Very well done!
AggieChemist
AG
Jet Black said:

I hope so! I bought in at the bottom yesterday.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Some good CLOV news. On a Friday afternoon AH of a 3 day weekend.

https://seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4405839-clover-health-growth-quality
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Ditto
Jet Black
Ukraine Gas Expert said:

Ditto

Double Ditto
aggies4life
AG
Can you please provide your sign up link for interactive brokers so you get credit for all those who are looking to change over.

Also, for pro do you recommend fixed Or tiered?

As always. Thank you for all you do!
irish pete ag06
AG
AggieChemist said:

Jet Black said:

I know he's a pumper, but some of the DD that Zack Morris tweeted out today certainly can't hurt anything.

oldarmy1
AG
aggies4life said:

Can you please provide your sign up link for interactive brokers so you get credit for all those who are looking to change over.

Also, for pro do you recommend fixed Or tiered?

As always. Thank you for all you do!

Will give 100% of referral to charity.

https://ibkr.com/referral/gary834
oldarmy1
AG
BTW - When I say ~72% of Days after Presidents Day are upside that is over the past 40 years. Just so people know.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Pretty tough week for me. I was up more than 10% after Tuesday but ended the week down a little more than 1%. Big swings. I'm hopeful that two out of AAPL, AMZN, and TSLA will have big increases next week, which would be nice. My portfolio has gotten a bit disorganized recently and I could definitely benefit from paring back a bit. I'll be more selective about which trades I enter starting next week.

Also I'll need to consider my plan for what to do as WWR earnings approach and what to do with AAPL and AMZN (those three are my biggest holdings) whether they move up or whether they continue to consolidate or edge downward.
oldarmy1
AG
WWR hit Model T and is trying to set up a new support line. All you in it looking to add any sales OR buy back covered calls - I wouldn't action unless you see a flash under $8 closer to $7.50. That is the full range Model T from the genesis of the last $5 major support move up to current high. Be slow to move on it. First time people looking to get in I'd suggest either being patient and risk missing out, if it doesn't consolidate beyond latest wave Model T OR enter shares here and then look for a bounce to enter covered calls on up to 50% of position.

I have a new family portfolio and the last suggestion is how I began just today.
oldarmy1
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Pretty tough week for me. I was up more than 10% after Tuesday but ended the week down a little more than 1%. Big swings. I'm hopeful that two out of AAPL, AMZN, and TSLA will have big increases next week, which would be nice. My portfolio has gotten a bit disorganized recently and I could definitely benefit from paring back a bit. I'll be more selective about which trades I enter starting next week.

Also I'll need to consider my plan for what to do as WWR earnings approach and what to do with AAPL and AMZN (those three are my biggest holdings) whether they move up or whether they continue to consolidate or edge downward.
It's normal to go through periods like this, no matter how long you've traded. I have been in that mode for the better part of the month. When I don't feel high confidence I tend to really shut down and narrow positions PLUS lock down any open ones even if I lose on the hedge.

I gave everyone my AAPL set up and it happened to pay off. $136 Puts on 100% of shares using premium from 25% $140 March 19 covered calls. I was able to close the Puts for a nice profit below $134. With entry at $133.82 I added more risk by closing out the Put side but I left the covered call on the 25% that gives me some room if markets don't do what we think they'll do.

Regarding WWR - see above thoughts and I wouldn't go into those without a hedge in place. We know the story is 2022 and this recent run caught me by surprise. Guidance could reset the expectations short term.
RigsTx
AG
I sold WWR 3/19 puts at $7.50 strike.

I still have some funds that could be allocated to more shares.

Would the best idea be to sell additional puts in order to collect the premium? Or wait till after earnings to see how everything shakes out?
ag94whoop
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Some good CLOV news. On a Friday afternoon AH of a 3 day weekend.

https://seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4405839-clover-health-growth-quality

Great article imo, and clearly lays out why this is a great investment and why OA placed a $30 price target on it.

Does suck a little on the timing. Needs to be shared like mad on social media between now and Wednesday next week to get all the YouTubers and Twitterers rolling into it and suppress all the fear created by the law firms trying to make a quick buck on a CAL
oldarmy1
AG
It's going to be a winner. Ignore the noise and average down is what I've done.
Brewmaster
AG
AggieChemist said:

Jet Black said:

I agree, winding up tighter into this wedge and B bands are tightening. My guess would be Wednesday, but it needs to honor the bottom of the wedge and not drop out of it. 43 and below would spell danger.

kyledr04
AG
Rough week learning a lot the hard way. The last few weeks I was at least in the positive but was way down this week.

Overdid it on the AAPL calls. Definitely need to be better about sizing relative to my account size and risk. And to be patient.

CLOV is a beating right now.

Set limits a tad too high on the RUN and NLS calls so they stopped out on a flash down.

Might have gone net free a little early on DNN. I feel like I prefer selling sooner but that comes with owning fewer shares. Hard to know what to think with the Twitter and reddit folks blowing up the cheapos.

Shouldn't have sold covered calls on as much of my SNDL net free shares. Could have taken a lot more profit.

Easily left 5-10% on the table with these bad moves, maybe enough to cover AAPL.

We'll see how it goes. Definitely appreciate all the coaching from veterans. Hope some other new folks can learn from my mistakes. I'm fortunate that I'm using money I can handle losing other than the frustration of mistakes.
FbgTxAg
AG
I'm pretty much a rook, but here's the 3 big upsides I see for next week.

AAPL
FUBO
CLOV

I'm about 60% in these 3 (shares) with some options.

Next week will show of my paytience pays off.

PS - I also think U has set a hard support level and is going to be in a slow bull channel for a while. Premiums are excellent for selling calls puts.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
kyledr04
AG
Seems like CLOV will wind up ok eventually and the little run AAPL had today helped.

Haven't bought any FUBO but seems like a long term winner.
Ragoo
AG
See what FUBO does on Tuesday. If it doesn't pop again it would be better around $43 for an entry.
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

WWR hit Model T and is trying to set up a new support line. All you in it looking to add any sales OR buy back covered calls - I wouldn't action unless you see a flash under $8 closer to $7.50. That is the full range Model T from the genesis of the last $5 major support move up to current high. Be slow to move on it. First time people looking to get in I'd suggest either being patient and risk missing out, if it doesn't consolidate beyond latest wave Model T OR enter shares here and then look for a bounce to enter covered calls on up to 50% of position.

I have a new family portfolio and the last suggestion is how I began just today.

Of course I entered a position today at 8.70 lol
FbgTxAg
AG
Ragoo said:

See what FUBO does on Tuesday. If it doesn't pop again it would be better around $43 for an entry.
I'm avg in @ 42.20
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Ragoo
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Ragoo said:

I'm avg in @ 42.20
great. That is where the 8 and 21 EMA coverage on the daily chart.
irish pete ag06
AG
Anyone that uses fidelity... is there a way to see what your balances were day to day? Or even week to week? I'm gonna start tracking my weekly in a spread sheet, but I was wondering if this was available on fidelity. I can only find monthly info. I've looked and looked and googled. No luck.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

trading into a wedge with support around 8.60 (besides the flash down today). Hopefully it ascends to my "moon" pictured, ha!

new to WWR, heed OA's advice, my chart is part for fun, part for my education. It looks bullish, but never know with earnings.
FbgTxAg
AG
BREwmaster said:

oldarmy1 said:

trading into a wedge with support around 8.60 (besides the flash down today). Hopefully it ascends to my "moon" pictured, ha!

new to WWR, heed OA's advice, my chart is part for fun, part for my education. It looks bullish, but never know with earnings.
I think his problem is it is a long term hold with actual fundamentals redeemed much later in the year. Accumulate cheaply (under 5) but got a premature ejaculation of sorts so now is kinda in la-la land.

If you expect it to rocket to the moon Tuesday, I'm not sure it will. It might catch another heater and ride to previous highs on speculation and FOMO, but likely to revert on earnings release. But who knows right now.

If you've got it at 5-7, just hold and sell calls and maybe some in the money puts if you want to accumulate.

Just my opinion, of course. It's late 2021 or early 2022 for the moon.
First Page Last Page
Page 3244 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.