Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,077,850 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by El_duderino
DisAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiedaniel06 said:

DisAg said:

Seven Costanza said:

wangus12 said:

Man I wish I had the balls to put more money into the market right now, but I told myself to learn and grow with a small amount first.

I know absolutely nothing, but when you see every novice on the street throwing crazy money into the market and the justification is that it's a new paradigm (which seemingly makes sense given the printing and low interest rates), you have to worry that the bubble is about to pop.
More than that.

So much free money flooding the public (see pumped up unemployment, and checks from government)

Wall St. vs Main St. doesn't match up.

First-time filers for unemployment was still above 700k+, Pandemic Assitance filers were about 300k+. Last month's first-time unemployment filers numbers were adjusted because it was underreported.

Yet through all this, people are still buying cars, houses etc because of low-interest rates. I mean this has been going on for awhile now since the pandemic. It feels like the US is turning into China, in that if the economy is slow, just pump money out into the public, damn the debt.

I am no economist, but I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, even before I started getting interested in what you guys were doing over here.

Unemployment is a tricky metric and can be sometimes misleading. The majority of the job losses caused by the pandemic were to individuals that don't participate in the stock market actively or through retirement plans and aren't homeowners.
On the other hand most people that hold the type of jobs that pay 401ks, were able to hold onto their jobs and the monetary stimulus was extremely beneficial to the asset prices they own and to their ability to purchase more assets (home buying that you're referring to).
I was not one of them. I got furloughed then laid off. IT Director of a Fortune 500 company. I was fortunate enough to have a sizable nest egg saved up. Back in school now for degree completion. Will be applying to Texas A&M MBA program in Sept (fingers crossed).

I dont know where you are getting your numbers from, but I think people who had salaried/401k type jobs, and subsequently lost them due to the pandemic is larger than you may think.

Either way, the point being is the government is shooting money to the public like a Gatling gun. I mean, I guess we could just keep it up forever, its what China does, why not us? Just makes me nervous is all.
ag94whoop
AG
FJ43 said:

DNN

I don't know what's going on with this one but there is lot's of chatter on it tonight. Reading the few main guys I follow and their threads of comments. Big share buying and huge call volumes started early today right after the open and up until close for strikes 2.5 to 5X the then share price. March strikes.

Something is up. Don't think it's a bad thing either and hope everyone is in it already.

OA got us in this one early and man am I thankful.

Another one of my swing and misses. I tried to get in it with a limit buy while I was taking kids to school and came back and missed by one penny. And then it was $0.10 plus higher and too late to get in.

I have major regrets not just doing a market buy. I just hate doing that when I can't track the market and change on the fly
Method Man
I've given up on trying that. Missed on SNDL this way. You feel you will get Fed but in the end if you believe in it then it'll be worth it to get in.
Method Man
Good enough for me.
irish pete ag06
AG
ag94whoop said:

FJ43 said:

DNN

I don't know what's going on with this one but there is lot's of chatter on it tonight. Reading the few main guys I follow and their threads of comments. Big share buying and huge call volumes started early today right after the open and up until close for strikes 2.5 to 5X the then share price. March strikes.

Something is up. Don't think it's a bad thing either and hope everyone is in it already.

Another one of my swing and misses. I tried to get in it with a limit buy while I was taking kids to school and came back and missed by one penny. And then it was $0.10 plus higher and too late to get in.

I have major regrets not just doing a market buy. I just hate doing that when I can't track the market and change on the fly
I mean... if this thing hasn't gapped up too bigly in the morning it's likely not too late to get in.
ag94whoop
AG
Method Man said:

I've given up on trying that. Missed on SNDL this way. You feel you will get Fed but in the end if you believe in it then it'll be worth it to get in.

Yeah, despite a long history of entrepreneurship and work, I'm pretty new to this trading world and already learning a few of these lessons the hard way. It is what it is. Make a strategy and try to stick with it. Losses and misses are a part of it.
Miguel
AG
Thanks!
Method Man
Kind of like dating when you're younger. You have to let go of the losses and revel in the wins as you develop your strategy. I'm learning every day but at a cost.
EVA3
AG
ag94whoop said:

FJ43 said:

DNN

I did the exact same thing.
Old School Brother
AG
EVA3 said:

ag94whoop said:

FJ43 said:

DNN

Me too. Let me guess.... Limit buy at $0.89? Or maybe it was $0.96 today.
ag94whoop
AG
Old School Brother said:

EVA3 said:

ag94whoop said:

FJ43 said:

DNN

Me too. Let me guess.... Limit buy at $0.89? Or maybe it was $0.96 today.

It hit 0.955 briefly
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If you want the stock, just buy it. Don't be a dick for a tick.
Vade281
AG
Is there a discord ? Or am I reading that wrong lol
Post removed:
by user
FJ43
Morning gents....

Market down a little.

DNN hitting right at $1.50 and at $1.45 now. We shall see if it gets nutty or not.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
third coast.. said:

$DNN with a nice initial move up PM. Hope FJ got in when it initially opened flat.
Morning Third Coast. Had first order set at 1.21 and didn't fill me although it pinged there. Larger at 1.11 and larger lower down hoping for a flash down. May still happen as its really early.

I've got a bunch of shares I added premarket yesterday so not planning to chase it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
third coast.. said:

$DNN with a nice initial move up PM. Hope FJ got in when it initially opened flat.
Curious what happens here at 1.35 1.40 now on it.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Yeah I was going to post that I may NOT be adding shares this morning after this big of a jump.
FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

Yeah I was going to post that I may NOT be adding shares this morning after this big of a jump.
Drew a quick Model T from low to high so far today and the $1.40 mark is Model T. Its bouncing there now. 7am & 8am EST I suspect it will run again yet.

Post removed:
by user
FJ43
third coast.. said:

Seems to be the case every morning with these early runners. Could probably make a mint buying at 0700 and selling at 0900 est. on SNDLs big run up it surged almost 2 bucks in that window I believe.
Yeah I should start taking notes for some of these. I live on EST so opens at 4 and you can see the next waves at 6, 7 and 8 almost like clockwork. I am not a day trader nor do I have those skillsets but I would guess someone who is good at that could be done by 10am most days and make a nice living.

SNDL for example this morning 2.38-2.74 and back to 2.40. 15% isn't bad for 20 minutes.

In this market anyway.

spud1910
AG
FJ43 said:

third coast.. said:

Seems to be the case every morning with these early runners. Could probably make a mint buying at 0700 and selling at 0900 est. on SNDLs big run up it surged almost 2 bucks in that window I believe.
Yeah I should start taking notes for some of these. I live on EST so opens at 4 and you can see the next waves at 6, 7 and 8 almost like clockwork. I am not a day trader nor do I have those skillsets but I would guess someone who is good at that could be done by 10am most days and make a nice living.

SNDL for example this morning 2.38-2.74 and back to 2.40. 15% isn't bad for 20 minutes.

In this market anyway.

Dan Shapiro doesn't do much after noon EST most days.
Post removed:
by user
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Are you home skillets going to sell cc on DNN or wait for $2?
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I am going to wait to see the premiums on any potential push. Haven't sold any CC yet.

Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
kyledr04
AG
Big DNN volume as soon the next wave of premarket opened at 6am
FJ43

UUUU

Anyone in this? I am not but on watch. Look like its about to breakout again?

Volume profile hard to ignore. Bull pennant formed.

wanderer
$30,000 Millionaire said:

As of now I plan on selling 30% against 2/19 $2.50 & 30% against 2/19 $5c. If I get called out on the 2.50 and not the 5.0 that would put me at new free.

(This is assuming 2/19 $2.50c will fetch $.35 and 2/19 $5c will fetch $.20)
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 3231 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.