Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,078,914 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by El_duderino
Mostly Foggy Recollection
How long do you want to ignore this user?
QS up 5 AH
wangus12
AG
Man I wish I had the balls to put more money into the market right now, but I told myself to learn and grow with a small amount first.
FbgTxAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Man I wish I had the balls to put more money into the market right now, but I told myself to learn and grow with a small amount first.

It's just like Vegas. Only wager what you are comfortable losing. The stock market ain't going anywhere. Always opportunities down the road.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
DisAg
Another post from me about TSNP. Some of you may already be aware. Apparently, WeBull started allowing trades for this stock and another today. What is unusual about this move is WeBull does not allow penny stock trades on its platform. I think that and the MC crypto news last night gave it some steam near close. Rumors floating that they will do their stock ticker change and the same time they list on NASDAQ. Just rumors, but still all this news is interesting.
FbgTxAg
AG
DisAg said:

Another post from me about TSNP. Some of you may already be aware. Apparently, WeBull started allowing trades for this stock and another today. What is unusual about this move is WeBull does not allow penny stock trades on its platform. I think that and the MC crypto news last night gave it some steam near close. Rumors floating that they will do their stock ticker change and the same time they list on NASDAQ. Just rumors, but still all this news is interesting.

(Checks to see how much TSNP he owns)

LFG!!!
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
McInnis 03
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

QS up 5 AH

Come. To. Papa.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Green hammer time
Seven Costanza
AG
wangus12 said:

I know absolutely nothing, but when you see every novice on the street throwing crazy money into the market and the justification is that it's a new paradigm (which seemingly makes sense given the printing and low interest rates), you have to worry that the bubble is about to pop.
cisgenderedAggie

Green hammer time

kyledr04
AG
wangus12 said:

Solid work not overdoing the AAPL calls for next week like a bunch of us. Fighting the fomo is tough
FbgTxAg
AG

Green hammer time

Cant wait.
DisAg
Seven Costanza said:

wangus12 said:

I know absolutely nothing, but when you see every novice on the street throwing crazy money into the market and the justification is that it's a new paradigm (which seemingly makes sense given the printing and low interest rates), you have to worry that the bubble is about to pop.
More than that.

So much free money flooding the public (see pumped up unemployment, and checks from government)

Wall St. vs Main St. doesn't match up.

First-time filers for unemployment was still above 700k+, Pandemic Assitance filers were about 300k+. Last month's first-time unemployment filers numbers were adjusted because it was underreported.

Yet through all this, people are still buying cars, houses etc because of low-interest rates. I mean this has been going on for awhile now since the pandemic. It feels like the US is turning into China, in that if the economy is slow, just pump money out into the public, damn the debt.

I am no economist, but I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, even before I started getting interested in what you guys were doing over here.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Seven Costanza said:

wangus12 said:

While I agree that this seems unsustainable, I'm worried that currency inflation is going to punish anyone sitting with cash on the sidelines as much as those that ride this to a top and then get hurt on the correction.
FbgTxAg
AG
If we were the only Country being stupid, I'd be scared.

But they're all stupider than us, so...
DisAg
Bob Knights Liver said:

Seven Costanza said:

wangus12 said:

While I agree that this seems unsustainable, I'm worried that currency inflation is going to punish anyone sitting with cash on the sidelines as much as those that ride this to a top and then get hurt on the correction.
Very much agree, its like do you want the fryer, or the frying pan...
Seven Costanza
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Seven Costanza said:

wangus12 said:

Same here. I feel like I'm screwed either way. Keep money on the sidelines and watch inflation destroy it, or put it in a house of cards market.
Method Man

I'm in deep on Clover (for me), but this is a divisive stock for sure.
docaggie
AG
I checked mine and had to knock the ice off the covers, but the interiors were pristine despite the ONE INCH of ice on the cover.

http://www.hovcov.com/

This is what they are. They hover up when the unit is running to allow full function. I have a couple of pvc pipe pieces strapped between the grill and this so it can't get weighed down to the point of not allowing flow.

Big difference from a couple of years ago before I got these when my unit was a big block of ice.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bmks270
AG
I highly recommend "Fooled by Randomness" and "One up on Wall Street" for new investors.
These two books strongly influenced my investment and risk philosophy.
FbgTxAg
AG
Method Man said:

This stock was DD'd by OA as a long-term play.

The. End.
DisAg
Method Man said:

I watched that ladies Q&A on youtube. It was painful, and she didn't seem to have any data to support her theories. Every time she took a question, it was from a "friend".

I zoomed through it, probably should have taken more time to watch, just couldn't because it was just a plain poorly executed presentation. I don't know how many people are actually taking her seriously.
YNWA_AG
AG

Scrolling through AAPL option flow and saw this. I hope this guy turns this 2k apple bet into a lot of money
Thundergon
Y'all seem to forget that Chelsea Clinton is a board member for $CLOV. That is the most important fundamental aspect of the company to me. Am I stupid for thinking that? Yes absolutely. But c'mon, we all know how this works...
DisAg
Thundergon said:

Y'all seem to forget that Chelsea Clinton is a board member for $CLOV. That is the most important fundamental aspect of the company to me. Am I stupid for thinking that? Yes absolutely. But c'mon, we all know how this works...
Know your enemy. No sir you are not stupid.
irish pete ag06
AG
Thundergon said:

Uh oh... YouTube chick that made that video gonna get suicided.
GigEmRangers75455
I'm late to the DNN party but bought north of 25,000 shares today. Feeling good about this. Between this and Zest trail scheduled next month, I'm not gonna do much sleeping...
Thundergon
YNWA_AG said:

Scrolling through AAPL option flow and saw this. I hope this guy turns this 2k apple bet into a lot of money

I hope this person has better commission rates than me...
DisAg
Aggies75455 said:

I'm late to the DNN party but bought north of 25,000 shares today. Feeling good about this. Between this and Zest trail scheduled next month, I'm not gonna do much sleeping...
What was OA's target on this?
GigEmRangers75455
DisAg said:

Aggies75455 said:

I'm not sure on the actual target price but with the attention it's getting it may go higher than anyone really expected this soon.
Ornithopter
AG
DisAg said:

Aggies75455 said:

tsuag10
AG
FbgTxAg said:

This stock was DD'd by OA as a long-term play.

The. End.
This is no shot at OA, you, or anyone else here, but we can't just balls-deep blindly follow a play if there is other information out there that needs to be vetted.

CLOV might turn out to be a huge winner, but even OA will tell you that you shouldn't expect everything he recommends to pan out.

My concern isn't really even about CLOV. I guess I'm just trying to make sure we remember that doing our own DD is still important even though I trust OA a lot too.
Ornithopter
AG
And it is exactly at $1.29 at the end of AH
FbgTxAg
AG
Aggies75455 said:

I'd play this as a swing then, if I were you. A little of the ol' "in and out."

Gig' em.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Thundergon said:

Dumped my shares earlier today.

News dropped about a securities fraud lawsuit ... shareholder litigation .... DOJ problems.

Decided to just move on to something else with less drama.
aggiedaniel06
AG
DisAg said:

Seven Costanza said:

wangus12 said:

More than that.

So much free money flooding the public (see pumped up unemployment, and checks from government)

Wall St. vs Main St. doesn't match up.

First-time filers for unemployment was still above 700k+, Pandemic Assitance filers were about 300k+. Last month's first-time unemployment filers numbers were adjusted because it was underreported.

Yet through all this, people are still buying cars, houses etc because of low-interest rates. I mean this has been going on for awhile now since the pandemic. It feels like the US is turning into China, in that if the economy is slow, just pump money out into the public, damn the debt.

I am no economist, but I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, even before I started getting interested in what you guys were doing over here.

Unemployment is a tricky metric and can be sometimes misleading. The majority of the job losses caused by the pandemic were to individuals that don't participate in the stock market actively or through retirement plans and aren't homeowners.
On the other hand most people that hold the type of jobs that pay 401ks, were able to hold onto their jobs and the monetary stimulus was extremely beneficial to the asset prices they own and to their ability to purchase more assets (home buying that you're referring to).
First Page Last Page
Page 3230 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.