Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,078,952 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by El_duderino
mpl35
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
khaos288 said:

RigsTx said:

khaos288 said:

jonj101 said:

ibdm98 said:

Hey all,

Since I'm having a super difficult time finding it, I created a "Book Requests" tab in the OA google sheet for those wanting a copy of the book OA recommends in the first post of this thread. Since it's very difficult to buy copies of this, I figure the best (and most Aggie) way is for someone to pass their copy on to someone else and once that person reads it they pass it on...and so on.

I'm on the list now - thanks for doing that.

I searched for it the other day and saw it for like $300. If I can't borrow it from anyone here I'll probably spring for it.

Panduh bear has my copy but he just got it.

So I have a book with a similar name as this but wasn't written by Jobman. Is his copy the only recommended version? I believe mine is the Lim version.

Absolutely no clue. Sorry

Y'all realize this is how OA really makes his money. He bought every copy of an obscure book and then entices all of Texags to buy it for 300 a pop.
FJ43

DNN

I don't know what's going on with this one but there is lot's of chatter on it tonight. Reading the few main guys I follow and their threads of comments. Big share buying and huge call volumes started early today right after the open and up until close for strikes 2.5 to 5X the then share price. March strikes.

Something is up. Don't think it's a bad thing either and hope everyone is in it already.

OA got us in this one early and man am I thankful.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

wangus12
AG
Amen to that
Ornithopter
AG
FJ43 said:

DNN

I don't know what's going on with this one but there is lot's of chatter on it tonight. Reading the few main guys I follow and their threads of comments. Big share buying and huge call volumes started early today right after the open and up until close for strikes 2.5 to 5X the then share price. March strikes.

Something is up. Don't think it's a bad thing either and hope everyone is in it already.

I'm wondering if the Atlas guys are going to do a pump and dump on it.
Ags2013
AG
Yup! Big donations coming when this hits
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I still can't get over that the short interest on CLOV is greater than the float. Over 100%. This ****s gotta go sometime unless these lawsuits are effective to allow them to accumulate and get out of their short positions.

I have March and May calls. I think May might be right. If we don't move by late next week I may go ahead and roll the March ones out to May as well before theta really starts to work against me.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
SNDL went a bit over 3x on the Atlas move. I could dig that for DNN.
FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

SNDL went a bit over 3x on the Atlas move. I could dig that for DNN.

SNDL melted up to $4.87 today. That's hard to believe for a stock I was buying a week or so ago at $0.58
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Engine10
AG
FJ43 said:

DNN

Seeing a bunch of chatter of a possible gamma squeeze igniting
wangus12
AG
What does that mean. "Gamma squeeze"
Larry J. Holy 81
AG
Regarding crypto, attached article link presents a point that China is going cashless. Article portends the Chinese Central Bank is pushing back and supporting a cash system, but Chinese society is going another direction. It's a bit difficult for me to think that the Chinese government will allow something to happen that they would be against....or, are they? Maybe this cashless movement is why Jack Ma disappeared for a while due to Alipay, why Elon Musk is opting for digital currency being an auto producer in China and why MasterCard is moving forward in the crypto world.

https://fortune.com/2021/01/26/china-going-cashless-central-bank/
Aggie118
AG
Here's another penny stock for everyone:

TGHI up 88% today to .$072 today from $.04.

They just announced a partnership.

https://marketwirenews.com/news-releases/touchpoint-group-holdings-announces-strategic-partne-5086934782250078.html?i=c
aggiedaniel06
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Observation - The Market Makers seem to be struggling to "control" all these Penny Stocks right now since they don't have options (what penny stock ISN'T hot?) and the bulls win every AHT and Futures session cuz there is limited or no option trading then either.

It's when they get their grubby little fingers on the options premiums, and can control the options game - that's when they seem to be able to steer things the way they want.

Change My Mind.

I see so much disinformation here and on other stock related social media outlets about what a market maker is and how they operate.

Newsflash: MM's don't care if stocks get pumped or dumped. (except for the once in a blue moon case like GME). Also, the equity dealer & options dealer for a given ticker are not necessarily the same entity.
Ornithopter
AG
Larry J. Holy 81 said:

Regarding crypto, attached article link presents a point that China is going cashless. Article portends the Chinese Central Bank is pushing back and supporting a cash system, but Chinese society is going another direction. It's a bit difficult for me to think that the Chinese government will allow something to happen that they would be against....or, are they? Maybe this cashless movement is why Jack Ma disappeared for a while due to Alipay, why Elon Musk is opting for digital currency being an auto producer in China and why MasterCard is moving forward in the crypto world.

China going cashless would mean their government could track every transaction.
sts7049
AG
it means we're rich, b****
Bob Knights Paper Hands
They all use weepay over there now. Lots of places you can't even spend physical renminbi.
txaggie_08
AG
Anyone point me in the direction of the discord link? Search function isn't working right now.
Aggie118
AG
txaggie_08 said:

Anyone point me in the direction of the discord link? Search function isn't working right now.

https://discord.gg/TfkeKbzD
Larry J. Holy 81
AG
DubFalls said:

Larry J. Holy 81 said:

China going cashless would mean their government could track every transaction.
Yes. I agree. Fits the control narrative, regardless what the Central Bank states. They want it in my opinion.

I hope the U.S. Gov't has a crypto system ready to roll with one train of thought and I hope they don't in another line of thinking. Once cash is gone, a citizen is totally controlled.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Right but if they sold a lot of CCs and then the stock is moving in that direction wouldn't they manipulate the price if it's cheaper to sell the stock down rather than lose it to call assignments? I thought that was the whole idea of the gamma magnet you and brewer discussed last year. The MMs could guide the stock to the price that best suits them if it's close?
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Screw it... I got a big block order ready for DNN come 3 AM

I was too busy winterizing our house today to grab more.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'm with you. I have some but I think I need to triple my stake. I only hope I'm not dooming the whole expedition based on my recent performance.
TxAG#2011
I am seeing penny stocks shilled absolutely everywhere right now. I hope you guys involved in deep with these realize this is legit market top behavior.
Brewmaster
AG
I may or may not have tweeted Zack this one. seriously doubt that did much, but it was fun to see the price run after I tweeted him. I'm honestly surprised they're not already on it. The 2.5C's today were absolutely lit. I grabbed a few for fun.
docaggie
AG
I have these covers that go on top of my outside units. It keeps ice and snow out of them, and diverts water away from the inside, so they don't develop that sheen of ice on the inside.

Got them after it happened a couple of years ago and they've been great. Let's see what happens with this time.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiedaniel06
AG
So when they sold you that call (let's say delta 30) they simultaneously bought a 30 shares or maybe a deep ITM call to delta hedge and stay neutral.

If the SP price moved up and your call becomes delta 70, they buy 40 more. Now I can go deep into vanna, Volga, charm, etc... second derivative effects on options price but the point is that the MM is always close to delta neutral.

In case of no options, they are just providing liquidity and connecting you to a counterparty and in the absence of a counterparty, they will provide liquidity through selling/adding it to their inventory.
FbgTxAg
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

I had 10k of that damn thing @,88 and sold all but 1k of it after the big pullback this morning. Thought it was gonna crater.

Managed to get back to 3k of it @ 1.00, but, I deserve a kick in the nuts for being cautious.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
FbgTxAg
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

FbgTxAg said:

Observation - The Market Makers seem to be struggling to "control" all these Penny Stocks right now since they don't have options (what penny stock ISN'T hot?) and the bulls win every AHT and Futures session cuz there is limited or no option trading then either.

It's when they get their grubby little fingers on the options premiums, and can control the options game - that's when they seem to be able to steer things the way they want.

Change My Mind.

I see so much disinformation here and on other stock related social media outlets about what a market maker is and how they operate.

Newsflash: MM's don't care if stocks get pumped or dumped. (except for the once in a blue moon case like GME). Also, the equity dealer & options dealer for a given ticker are not necessarily the same entity.
I respect your opinion more than damn near anyone on here. So are you implying it's not the MM holding AAPL back? Is it the big tech companies trying to extract their pound of flesh for the new iOS that blocks them from data-mining, so that they will have to purchase the info from apple?

Would love your opinion on this.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
FJ43
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Just don't start buying until 3:10am. Give me 10 minutes at least man. I need to get out of the way of your orders.

aggiedaniel06
AG
Thanks, but not opinion. I'm pretty well versed in market making and dynamic hedging is pretty standard.
AAPL is such a large cap with so many factors that it's hard to say what is "controlling" it's price movement.
My general take is that discretionary institutional money (active money managers like ARK, hedgefunds) are what makes sudden moves in stocks and all the discretionary dollars seem to be playing around in the mid and small caps.
bmks270
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

I am seeing penny stocks shilled absolutely everywhere right now. I hope you guys involved in deep with these realize this is legit market top behavior.

I just hope no one is in a position to be blown up and taken out of the game by being over weight in any of these highly volatile low volume and low information tickers.

I suspect most are just tossing around very small percentages of their overall portfolio of assets. I hope anyway.
Talon2DSO
AG
I'm sitting on 2 Feb 19 covered calls for DNN with strike price of $2.50. I may regret this in the morning
FbgTxAg
AG
Talon2DSO said:

I'm sitting on 2 Feb 19 covered calls for DNN with strike price of $2.50. I may regret this in the morning
I sold 2/19 5p for $4 the other day and people called me cray-cray...
wanderer
Talon2DSO said:

No need to ever regret a 150%+ gain in just a week. Just my opinion...
OE_Ag11
AG
wanderer said:

Talon2DSO said:

No need to ever regret a 150%+ gain in just a week. Just my opinion...

I'm sitting on 4 but will let me go net free on the rest of the shares so that's the whole point I thought. No worries on taking profit. Plus if there is a retraction or is a pump and dump who knows what will happen in a week and a half. Would have been nice to get a little more premium but profits are profits.
First Page Last Page
Page 3229 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.