Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,085,155 Views | 231811 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by bhanacik
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FJ43 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

FJ43 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

FJ43 said:

howdydamnit04 said:

Panic sold my CLOV at 11.91... only losing $4 per share. Stupid stupid stupid.
Maybe look to pick up some options March or May to have a reentry if you want back in outside of the wash sale rule. Just a thought.
I've always wondered how that works... Is it from the time you buy the option or the time you exercise it/at option expiry?

What about rolling weekly options? Are those considered wash sales?
If you sold shares at a loss its 30 days from sale to repurchase date. Not sure on the options rolling but need to check that.
Right, so if he sold shares (at a loss) today and bought an option contract today on the same stock, I'd assume that is considered a wash sale, no matter how far out expiry is. I don't really know though.
I think this will apply to the option contract as I just read it. Meaning it would be included in the wash sale rule if I am understanding correctly.
That's the way I read it as well.

Rolling an option seems like a gray area though, since you aren't really leaving the position.
Truthfully, I'm looking at rolling my AAPL option to March, but want to make sure it isn't considered a wash sale.
jeremy
AG
FbgTxAg said:

So not to jinx it

Alpha
Delta
Tango
X-Ray

is having a damn day. Thanks to whoever it was that brought that one.
Good call!! What's the long term play on this guy that's up about 18% since I got in this morning?
spud1910
AG
Red Red Wine said:

So I sold a big chunk of SNDL at $4.75 this morning and the feeling is we should buy back in on this dip?

I bought back some covered calls on the dip.
ClutchCityAg
Talon2DSO said:

ClutchCityAg said:

One for the crypto list: IDEX

"Ideanomics Inc. is focused on facilitating the adoption of commercial electric vehicles and developing financial services and fintech products. The Company's electric vehicle division, Mobile Energy Global (MEG) provides group purchasing discounts on commercial electric vehicles, electric vehicle (EV) batteries and electricity as well as financing and charging solutions. The Company's Capital division includes Delaware Board of Trade (DBOT), which is a broker dealer that also operates an Alternative Trading System (ATS) focused on the trading of traditional OTC securities, and Intelligenta provides financial services solutions powered by artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain. Intelligenta offers its AI services for the creation of financial products, risk ratings and indexing, and selection and recommendation systems on behalf of key stakeholders. It also provides real estate title and settlement services through Timios Holdings Corp (Timios)."

I've been in this one for a couple of weeks. Hasn't lost me anything yet so that's cool
I like how it operates in multiple hot sectors right now, need better DD on the actual health of the company and such though
Let it ride
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
has everyone bailed on BFT?
Mostly Foggy Recollection
No... long term hold
ClutchCityAg
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Options yes but not my shares... yet
Let it ride
FJ43

I'm still holding half of my contracts.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

jwhitlock3
2/19 options yes. Today was **** or get off the pot day for me, I waited through the first 2 hours to see if we had any volume or strength to regain the 21 and we're lagging so I got out at .40.
I bleed maroon
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Talon2DSO said:

ClutchCityAg said:

"Ideanomics Inc. is focused on facilitating the adoption of commercial electric vehicles and developing financial services and fintech products. The Company's electric vehicle division, Mobile Energy Global (MEG) provides group purchasing discounts on commercial electric vehicles, electric vehicle (EV) batteries and electricity as well as financing and charging solutions. The Company's Capital division includes Delaware Board of Trade (DBOT), which is a broker dealer that also operates an Alternative Trading System (ATS) focused on the trading of traditional OTC securities, and Intelligenta provides financial services solutions powered by artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain. Intelligenta offers its AI services for the creation of financial products, risk ratings and indexing, and selection and recommendation systems on behalf of key stakeholders. It also provides real estate title and settlement services through Timios Holdings Corp (Timios)."

I've been in this one for a couple of weeks. Hasn't lost me anything yet so that's cool
I like how it operates in multiple hot sectors right now, need better DD on the actual health of the company and such though
They somehow missed home delivery of cannabis products, then they would have hit all the hot trends.

I take most PR trend-noting language with a grain of salt these days. Reminds me of 1998-99 when companies just casually mentioned they had launched a website, and their stock was immediately boosted.
La Bamba
AG
BRQS great trend. Love the daily chart,
Talon2DSO
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Talon2DSO said:

ClutchCityAg said:

I picked it because a half naked chick on Twitter told me to. Rather, she tweeted and I thought what the hell
ag94whoop
AG

Not me
Still holding and holding and holding
Just like CLOV
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Holding holding holding, keep those hands a holding, holding holding holding, hold high!
jeremy
AG
Spaceship said:

Thoughts on WWR? I bought big on the dip today on a swing trade, and see that earnings are next Tuesday (with the market closed Monday). Do you foresee a run up to earnings, or any idea what the perception of their upcoming earnings look like?
Great question! I'm late to the WWR game and wondering if I should get in today or wait until after earnings?!
mrad85
AG
Even my hedges are saying " Nope, not today"

kyledr04
AG
Joking aside. Looks like horrible road conditions. Prayers for those folks.
Engine10
AG
Entered $BB long a little early today, but this pullback to pre-meme stock hype levels looked like a good entry.

$WWR gave the 8 day a smooch and bounced a little, but still wouldn't be surprised to see one more day of pullback to test the 21day at right about that $7.5 level
FbgTxAg
AG
Apple pretty much sold me covered calls instead of shares and is just bankrolling premium.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DIS running up on earnings optimism.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Aaand promptly gave it back.
FJ43
CIDM volume
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Checking into this thread late today.

Anyone care to summarize the crypto stocks the board likes? TIA.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
$RUN

YNWA_AG
AG
TRIT, DPW, SINO and EBON I believe
wangus12
AG
Any particular reason we're all getting kicked in the nuts today?
McInnis 03
AG
Someone has a $0 PT on TLRY for 2022 - from the squawk
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
wangus12 said:

Username, checks out.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FbgTxAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Cuz we didn't get a "harumph" outta that guy....
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
leoj said:

NRD09 said:

leoj said:

$CRWD possibly about to bust a move

Yeah i sold 135 calls on my shares yesterday, should have told y'all it was about to run

Hasn't broken through that 235-236 level yet

They gone...
FbgTxAg
AG
wangus12 said:

EngrAg14
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Aaand promptly gave it back.

Don't see why they don't explode after beating it.
Everything should be pointing to them beating it massively due to parks/Christmas/Dis+
ClutchCityAg
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

$RUN

Sells keep getting eaten up. Big seller sitting at 82.50 though
Let it ride
BrokeAssAggie
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I'm wanting to buy the book in the OP, but I can't find it anywhere in stock. Anybody know where I could grab a copy or a good book to learn the strategies you guys are using?
First Page Last Page
Page 3222 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.