Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,303 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Fireman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FJ43 said:

oldarmy1 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

SPWR looks ready to rumble. Whatever is coming from the Green Global group Run and SPWR look poised to rally on it.
shares or options?
I went Feb 19 $55's because both stocks are showing a breakout coming. SPWR reports next week too
What was your entry OA?
You should be able to see me on the chart.

$3.45 average.
I went Feb 19 $54's at $3.80. You won't see me on the chart.
Mr President Elect
AG
jbeck3487 said:

I got SNDL Jan23 .5 leaps that are almost a 3x. I have lots of time to figure out how to take my money on it.

This is my first time in this position. Does anyone have advice on how to capture the best amount of profit?
You can sell calls against those as if they were shares. But no cc's are safe right now, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
oldarmy1
AG
Fireman said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

So the SNDL sell target is $4??
Seeing alot of buzz that it gets to $5.00. Just an FYI.
That would be awesome. Into that I would even up at a total 50% of shares with covered calls after 1/3 already locked in. I'd target the $5 covered calls WAY out as far as January '22 depending on what premium difference it had from shorter periods.

And if the word is that it reaches $5 you know what happens once it does, right?
oldarmy1
AG
Fireman said:

oldarmy1 said:

FJ43 said:

oldarmy1 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

SPWR looks ready to rumble. Whatever is coming from the Green Global group Run and SPWR look poised to rally on it.
shares or options?
I went Feb 19 $55's because both stocks are showing a breakout coming. SPWR reports next week too
What was your entry OA?
You should be able to see me on the chart.

$3.45 average.
I went Feb 19 $54's at $3.80. You won't see me on the chart.
agdaddy04
AG
Tried the covered call on TOS for the SNDL but it rejected it. Guess I need to read up more and just stick to shares for now.
E
AG
Fireman said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

So the SNDL sell target is $4??
Seeing alot of buzz that it gets to $5.00. Just an FYI.

$5 would be pretty dope
FJ43
agdaddy04 said:

Tried the covered call on TOS for the SNDL but it rejected it. Guess I need to read up more and just stick to shares for now.
That is one of the easier trades. Not sure why it would reject it. Need help msg me.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Wheatables02
AG
So I am very new and trying to learn here -I have 20 shares of SNDL. I thought I should sell 10 and go net free but after reading OA's latest post, I'm stil a noob and have no idea how to sell 1/3 for a call. Using E-Trade unfortunately. I plan on eventually switching to TOS.

Any help?
Fireman
AG
oldarmy1 said:

And if the word is that it reaches $5 you know what happens once it does, right?
I'm guessing Model T to $3, but I missed your workshop, so curious as to the best answer?
FJ43
Wheatables02 said:

So I am very new and trying to learn here -I have 20 shares of SNDL. I thought I should sell 10 and go net free but after reading OA's latest post, I'm stil a noob and have no idea how to sell 1/3 for a call. Using E-Trade unfortunately. I plan on eventually switching to TOS.

Any help?
To sell a covered call you need 100 shares so you won't be able to use that strategy with 20 shares.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Own 800 shares SNDL @ $1.21.
Sold Calls March 26 $2.50 @ $0.39 on 400 shares.
One way or another I will come out okay on this..

McInnis 03
AG
SNDL 3 feb call activity on Benzinga squawk, here we go!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
I bleed maroon
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Any help?
You have to trade options in lots of 100 shares, so it's not something that will work with less than that. If you want to sell shares to get your initial investment back and ride with the rest (net free), it's almost never a bad idea.
Charlie Conway

this was from yesterday bee tee dub
DisAg
Meanwhile CLOV
ClutchCityAg
So I went net free on my $1 SNDL options this morning by selling 1/3. Sold my 2nd option for $200 just now, and I used 50% of that profit to exercise my 3rd call at $1.00. So I profited $100 and got 100 free shares for the ride
Let it ride
leoj
AG
Looks like $AAPL bulls took the bears' best shot
LarryL
59 South said:

For you people worried about AAPL, what if you had played 1/22 135 calls and sold on 1/15 or 1/19? Does this wave look similar to that one? We're almost to lower side of rising channel active sequence. Every time that has happened since Oct/Nov (3 to be exact), it has exploded up to top of channel (150+ right now).

Playing options you either have to day trade them or have diamond hands to wait them out. You also have to go into them assuming they're going to zero (not really if that's not your style but that's my self imposed jedi mind trick I play on myself). So don't make options bets you aren't ok with losing big on. Use a % of your big winner profits to enter the next one.
And once you're down 85-90%, really how much downside vs potential upside is there to cashing out. At this point, I'm in the AAPL Feb 19th to the end.
gigemJTH12
AG
Anyone else not able to buy SPRW options on TDA?
LarryL
Just bought from Jan '23 $4 $SNDL LEAPS
htown12
I had no issue I buy them through ToS though.
FJ43
gigemJTH12 said:

Anyone else not able to buy SPRW options on TDA?
SPWR

UpstateAg
AG
If the bulls can keep it around here, it's bullish into the weekend. Keep the qqqs in the 333!
Guitarsoup
AG
DisAg said:

Meanwhile CLOV
Good time to buy.
FbgTxAg
AG
NOBODY SAY SHlT!!!!
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
TecRecAg
AG
Sorry sorry sorry
FTAG 2000
AG
StrawberryFields said:

Just bought from Jan '23 $4 $SNDL LEAPS
How do you search for and find leaps? is it just that it's far out? I'm using Active Trader Pro but it just looks like normal options if I look out until then.
Cloud
leaps are just calls that are way tf out
McKinney Ag69
AG
McInnis 03
AG
I"m back to where I was before the rug pull this morning.

Somebody unplug my PC
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FTAG 2000
AG
Cloud said:

leaps are just calls that are way tf out
Thanks. is the idea that the juiced premiums represent the multiplier for it being that far out?
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Somebody unplug the market makers sell buttons
fify
Wheatables02
AG
I bleed maroon said:

Wheatables02 said:

Any help?
You have to trade options in lots of 100 shares, so it's not something that will work with less than that. If you want to sell shares to get your initial investment back and ride with the rest (net free), it's almost never a bad idea.
Thank you. Learning day by day.
TecRecAg
AG
Holy S NVDA
Mr President Elect
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Somebody unplug my PC
There have been so many times I wish my account had a "liquidate everything at current prices" button.
First Page Last Page
Page 3199 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.