Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,048,821 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Cru
jj9000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Nothing has dropped in like an hour
Welp...Bookmark this one.

Aggie1391
Did anyone see this tweet?

Cloud
I think I'm going to by late march spy 350 puts has mentioned by OA. How do you guys size your hedges?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
AgsnFly
AG
59 South said:

rats I missed TRIT by 6 cents!

Personally, I never set limits at .25 increments. I usually do +/- .06 cents from the .25 increments.
You may have gotten filled with this approach.
Colt98
AG
I have spy Mar and Apr 325. Didn't get into OA posted this morning. I will say that my acct until today had jumped over 10% this week and I did not add to my hedge at same rate as the acct went up. But those puts didnt move much this morning. A few hundred dollars compared to thousands moving down. I know that I have very large gains in WWR, MGNI and other MA stocks we have enter early. I never sold to go net free but wrote CC to get them there and they just kept running. I have CC that will be called out this month that will adjust some of that.. So when they go down my acct moves exponentially as it has going up. But most of my trades are 1-2% of acct value, excluding a few option trades creep over the 2%. I have about 10% in cash was going to work this week on getting that to 20%. Have CC on most stocks except crypto trades we began to enter yesterday.
59 South
AG
Ya'll be careful watching daily P/L unless you're just a day trader. If you're not, then drawdowns are part of the game. Start monitoring your weekly or monthly P/L and of course YTD. I do monthly and YTD. It makes it more mechanical and easier on the stomach.

When a sell off happens, go check your month to date and year to date for perspective especially in a crazy stupid market like this. I just did for giggles to prove a point since I'm in a lot of the same plays as you guys.

Intraday: -1.49%
Feb month to date (trading day 8): +16.71%
YTD: +45.67%

It's not PJ Masks or Saved by the Bell level, but Texags level is doing just fine.

Cloud
CastleRock said:

Cloud said:

I think I'm going to by late march spy 150 puts has mentioned by OA. How do you guys size your hedges?

$350 puts

right. typo, thanks
59 South
AG
AgsnFly said:

59 South said:

Personally, I never set limits at .25 increments. I usually do +/- .06 cents from the .25 increments.
Good advice, I usually just set a notification and then check it real quick before buying. I've always been gunshy of getting filled in a massive dump scenario.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
khaos288 said:

Colt98 said:

Something I will ask tonight, don't want to bog down forum during trading. But my acct didn't pass the stress test this morning. I need some ideas on moving forward. Not liking what I saw. I thought I had enough hedge to cover. Last week it did great on the -700Dow day. It was murdered on the first leg down today. It has since cut that in half, but a 5 dig down seems a lot easier to get the a 5 dig up....
Elevator down, escalator up.

Hedges definitely will never cover all your losses, but they should stop the bleeding. If your hedges were too far out, or just didn't perform to your expectations, you may just need to adjust which hedges you're in.

I had the same issue with not passing the stress test here. The market went down a little bit my account went down a lot. To me that means I'm focused a lot in certain sectors or types of plays. Probably a lot of pop retail plays and when the QQQ started going south retail pulled out. If you figure out a more targeted hedge that would be great. Either that or it might mean the decision to either live with this higher risk or take my foot off the gas a bit more on these plays.
FbgTxAg
AG
Dow already green again, Yo!
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
TecRecAg
AG
NVDA says **** your pullback
agdaddy04
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Appears that TRCH is an ATLAS target that I'm going to take a small flyer on.
goodness, on a red day it's up 72%.
59 South
AG
ROKU went green. Damn I love that stock.
ClutchCityAg
30K - what is your read on INAQ/MILE? did you exit on the spike over 19.80?
Let it ride
jwhitlock3
Excellent response, thanks! Between life's expenses and a large daycare bill for 2 kids we're not in risk of going over the $15k limit for kids (likely ever), so our current UGMA/UTMA setup is exactly what we need. Thanks for jumping in with good info, much appreciated!
59 South
AG
Y'all have at it, I'm off to pick up my 5 yr old from an "illegal" playdate.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
59 South said:

AgsnFly said:

59 South said:

Good advice, I usually just set a notification and then check it real quick before buying. I've always been gunshy of getting filled in a massive dump scenario.

You were trying to buy my shares from getting stopped out on TRIT. We probably had stop and buy orders on the same moving average.
McInnis 03
AG
agdaddy04 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Appears that TRCH is an ATLAS target that I'm going to take a small flyer on.
goodness, on a red day it's up 72%.
I'm seeing something about them selling land assets in a merger and something about sale of that converted to special dividend for shareholders. Trying to get more info on this. Atlas thinks this is a $10 stock
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
rtpAggie
EGOC gives zero fux
McInnis 03
AG
Some DD on TRCH by the Atlas feller who says it's a winner.....

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3Ahugh_henne%20%20%24trch&src=typed_query
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
Haven't watched, but this is almost definitely parallel to model T setups/trading

HalifaxAg
AG
Just curious, has anyone started investing in quantum computing companies?

I know IBM, Google and others are having real successes in it. I can't help but think this is a game changer in the not too distant future. Kinda like blockchain 4-5 years ago.
irish pete ag06
AG
Learning my lesson on position sizing with these BFT FEB 19 calls. Went a little thicker than I usually do on options plays and it's burning me pretty good.
cptthunder
McInnis 03 said:

Just to make sure that im getting it correct this is TRCH the oil and gas company merging with someone else not in the O&G world?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

30K - what is your read on INAQ/MILE? did you exit on the spike over 19.80?

Yes. I got out at $2.15. I didn't like how the /ES looked.
McInnis 03
AG
cptthunder said:

McInnis 03 said:

Just to make sure that im getting it correct this is TRCH the oil and gas company merging with someone else not in the O&G world?
https://metamaterial.com/metamaterial-and-torchlight-sign-definitive-agreement-for-business-combination/

B&I Key:
Post removed:
by user
Ags2013
AG
Up $6 on the day. Green to red to green!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I feel like poop and am going to lay down. I think ROKU is going to run into earnings.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
last thing, BFT needs to get above $16.75 by EOD or this is probably a failed trade.
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I feel like poop and am going to lay down. I think ROKU is going to run into earnings.
You got the Covid?

B&I Key:
RigsTx
AG
I sold WWR March $7.50 puts for $1.50 earlier this morning.

I assume that they will expire worthless, but if not I will have a small position at $6.00 that I can hold for awhile.

Haven't done this often, but wanted the board's opinion on whether or not the mechanics were correct.
trip98
AG
BFT and fruit stock...
I'm in the options for 2/19 on both and they are down big time. I practiced patience on the NLS options and went net free + yesterday. I'm going for patience on BFT and fruit but man these last 2 days are really trying my patience.
I was hoping to hold until at least Tue/Wed of next week before deciding to cut bait.

That still a good idea?
First Page Last Page
Page 3195 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.