Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,047,547 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DisAg said:

Trying to look at the bright side, this is my first experience in being involved in a sell off.

...levels not seen since...

Friday
UpstateAg
AG
AAPL will be fine. I did a diagonal spread and unwound that to be sitting on 135 calls for next week at break even at the current price. I'm looking for 3x current premium as my sell price. AAPL goes in chunks and consolidates. It's supply is around 144.
AgEng06
AG
Awesome, thanks!
FJ43
Added an edit example for you on SNDL to my original post.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FbgTxAg
AG
I actually think we are back to green by the end of the day.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

H-town ag said:

I see some people are buying back CCs on this dip. Question - If the CC is close to expiration and you already received premium, what is the strategy to pay to buy them back assuming they will be out of the money?
dolla bills. the CC has lost a lot of value (so you buy it back much cheaper, money made from where you sold it). The stock rips again, you sell them again. Rinse and repeat. Another way to go net free by the way.
My brother from a different mother.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

fightintxag13
AG
I bought back half of my KIQ shares that I sold yesterday to go net free. Sold yesterday at 1.57. Bought this morning at 1.08.
AgEng06
AG
I saw that and appreciate it.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
FbgTxAg said:

I put $50 on it. Who wants scratch offs!
TxAG#2011
Taking a lot of willpower not to just go all in NVDA
GarlandAg2012
AG
Can anyone help with a strategy for me? I have a good number of shares of $NOG that I acquired via my job. Cost basis on paper is $20, but I never actually bought the shares (they were part of a larger deal where we sold assets). $NOG is ripping today so I was thinking of selling some Sept '21 $20 covered calls on half of my shares, but I am not sure when to enter and what premium is enough to go for it. Based on the financials of the company, I expected this run up but don't know where it will end or how high it will get. Any thoughts?
leoj
AG
Mostly sitting still, reduced some positions and added to hedges, but went for $NLS Mar $35 calls on the dip.
jwhitlock3
BREwmaster said:

who would be interested in a kiddie roth friendly competition? Maybe % per month gain.

I know 30k, Prog and others have one.
I have a UTMA account for my son, invested him into ARK funds but it seems like I might should have gone Roth? The whole income thing threw me for a loop and this seemed like the easier path but you guys make me question that. Any insight?
backintexas2013
AG
FbgTxAg said:

I like your positivity
FbgTxAg
AG
backintexas2013 said:

FbgTxAg said:

I like your positivity

Most everything going back up, except of course for everyone's favorite fruit stock.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Post removed:
by user
Esteban du Plantier
AG
"
The only "covered" put is a cash-covered put, meaning you have enough cash on hand to make the purchase"

A covered put is a put sold against shorted shares.

You're talking about a cash-secured put..
ag94whoop
AG
oldarmy1 said:

ag94whoop said:

CLOV and BFT are killing me ugh
I put CLOV and UWMC in my retirement accounts. They are long term stocks. It takes a while to churn through the post IPO minutia, but once it does they will jump.
Definitely the smart move. In my case though both CLOV and BFT are both in my swing account and I have now been in CLOV since Jan 25 which is way over my typical timeline for swinging. Even BFT is starting to really stretch my typical hold time which is typically 2 to 10 days.
SquareOne07
AG
ag94whoop said:

oldarmy1 said:

ag94whoop said:

I put CLOV and UWMC in my retirement accounts. They are long term stocks. It takes a while to churn through the post IPO minutia, but once it does they will jump.
Definitely the smart move. In my case though both CLOV and BFT are both in my swing account and I have now been in CLOV since Jan 25 which is way over my typical timeline for swinging. Even BFT is starting to really stretch my typical hold time which is typically 2 to 10 days.

So are you viewing CLOV as a swing trade or long term hold?
McInnis 03
AG
SNOW took an incredible haircut on that pull. It was really looking good prior to that. Watching it's behavior here going forward.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Colt98
AG
Something I will ask tonight, don't want to bog down forum during trading. But my acct didn't pass the stress test this morning. I need some ideas on moving forward. Not liking what I saw. I thought I had enough hedge to cover. Last week it did great on the -700Dow day. It was murdered on the first leg down today. It has since cut that in half, but a 5 dig down seems a lot easier to get the a 5 dig up....
jwhitlock3
Colt98 said:

Something I will ask tonight, don't want to bog down forum during trading. But my acct didn't pass the stress test this morning. I need some ideas on moving forward. Not liking what I saw. I thought I had enough hedge to cover. Last week it did great on the -700Dow day. It was murdered on the first leg down today. It has since cut that in half, but a 5 dig down seems a lot easier to get the a 5 dig up....
SPY April 16 $335P barely budged with that dip this morning, that was my hedge I've been watching, not sure if I'm too far out of the money, or the market just didn't think this was any big move (which it really wasn't).
khaos288
AG
Colt98 said:

Elevator down, escalator up.

Hedges definitely will never cover all your losses, but they should stop the bleeding. If your hedges were too far out, or just didn't perform to your expectations, you may just need to adjust which hedges you're in.
OE_Ag11
AG
SPY settled almost at the model T from this morning. (391.75-387.5) guess willl see what the move is from here
Ornithopter
AG
Things showing strength for me today:

ASO
DNN
REI

ASO is looking really good.
McInnis 03
AG
Appears that TRCH is an ATLAS target that I'm going to take a small flyer on.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
FbgTxAg
AG
Colt98 said:

Hedges? We don't need no stinking hedges!
McInnis 03
AG
Sweeping NVDA 700c's for next week to the tune of 30K contracts.

I'm piggy backing this buy purcahsing 625/650 call spreads for $2.30. Return is $25 if they go ITM.

B&I Key:
TubTub
McInnis 03 said:

SNOW took an incredible haircut on that pull. It was really looking good prior to that. Watching it's behavior here going forward.
Got in for a Model T
austinAG90
AG
Now we do !! Ha
ag94whoop
AG
SquareOne07 said:

ag94whoop said:

oldarmy1 said:

ag94whoop said:

So are you viewing CLOV as a swing trade or long term hold?
At this point I think you have to be in it for the long haul.

someone on here mentioned maybe some activity or good news next friday? Maybe I am mistaken
gigemJTH12
AG
Nothing has dropped in like an hour
OutlawAG04
FJ43 said:

BREwmaster said:

H-town ag said:

I see some people are buying back CCs on this dip. Question - If the CC is close to expiration and you already received premium, what is the strategy to pay to buy them back assuming they will be out of the money?
dolla bills. the CC has lost a lot of value (so you buy it back much cheaper, money made from where you sold it). The stock rips again, you sell them again. Rinse and repeat. Another way to go net free by the way.
My brother from a different mother.
so many options to work this today on this dip. Fun!
khaos288
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Nothing has dropped in like an hour
yooooooooo, you ever seen a perfect game by a pitcher? Probably not because in the 8th inning you always say "damn, this guys pitching a perfect game."
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
jwhitlock3 said:

BREwmaster said:

who would be interested in a kiddie roth friendly competition? Maybe % per month gain.

I know 30k, Prog and others have one.
I have a UTMA account for my son, invested him into ARK funds but it seems like I might should have gone Roth? The whole income thing threw me for a loop and this seemed like the easier path but you guys make me question that. Any insight?
UTMA is good if you already have a Trust setup and can fall under those treatment guidelines set forth in the original document. UGMA is good - similar type vehicle but converts ownership at age of majority. And, depending on the State where you reside there are specific laws that can influence your decision. Generally $15,000 is the max contribution per year to these accounts.

Roth for a minor,....brokerage houses generally set these up as UTMA's. Read the rules about contributions. I don't give tax advice. An individual can do lots of things in terms of funding this account, but that's up to you to justify if you get an audit. Contributions are $6,000 per year, currently.

I opened the UGMA (better option in my State). This year I opened a minor Roth and funded based on his part-time job W2 earnings. Everything is bullet-proof for me in case of audit.

IMO, for your kids, fund Roth's and Trading accounts, for their retirement. Roth's are tax free distributions and Trading Accounts deliver dividends in their retirement years at Capital Gains rates. Not sure there is a better alternative to this combination for most folks. Tax Exempt funding is an exception and another conversation.

Back to regularly scheduled programming..
First Page Last Page
Page 3194 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.