Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,049,253 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by Cru
ag94whoop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CLOV and BFT are killing me ugh
FJ43
I don't like all the red but in my opinion this is a perfect day to work the covered call, puts, etc. side and make a buck. Hope some of you took advantage of those.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

DisAg
Even though I am in the red today, I know I am not alone. Solidarity brothers and sisters!

Trying to look at the bright side, this is my first experience in being involved in a sell off.
LeisureSuitLarry
My first day to get my butt handed to me since I started following you guys here.
Cashed out and gonna regroup. BUT thanks to ya'lls advice and input, I am still way ahead!

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Is buying the weekly 10UVXY call @ .5 a good hedge for a further down day?
Method Man
Show of hands for anyone who still believes in AAPL?
tlepoC
AG
At least my China stocks are green! great hedge
Ags2013
AG
Method Man said:

Macro correction. AAPL is fine.
mazag08
AG
I'm decent at charting, but I haven't taken OA's class. Can someone signify what goalposts are pointing to?
Post removed:
by user
ag94whoop
AG
i missed the bottom of that WWR dip but I got back in. Not a ton of shares but back in.
Ags2013
AG
That seemed bad but I'm pretty much where I was this time yesterday. It'll swing back up.
AgEng06
AG
FJ43 said:

I don't like all the red but in my opinion this is a perfect day to work the covered call, puts, etc. side and make a buck. Hope some of you took advantage of those.
Bought some WWR just under $9, sold Aug 15c for $3.30. I'll let them have it for $18.30 or get a net under $6 on those shares.

Edit to add: As far as your post, I really need to work on when/if to roll or buy back CCs and sold puts. I have the selling of each down, but the buy back and how to manage is still difficult for me.
H-town ag
AG
I see some people are buying back CCs on this dip. Question - If the CC is close to expiration and you already received premium, what is the strategy to pay to buy them back assuming they will be out of the money?
george1992
tlepoC said:

At least my China stocks are green! great hedge

Commie.
FbgTxAg
AG
Method Man said:

Bought some more at 135
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Chef Elko
AG
Woooo boy. Spy barely turns red and we have these major flash downs. Good and bad at the same time. Volatility will be crazy in an actual down day.
Brewmaster
AG
mazag08 said:

I'm decent at charting, but I haven't taken OA's class. Can someone signify what goalposts are pointing to?
volume, whoop!

txaggie_08
AG
I had a limit but at $8.75 for WWR, didn't get filled.
Brewmaster
AG
H-town ag said:

I see some people are buying back CCs on this dip. Question - If the CC is close to expiration and you already received premium, what is the strategy to pay to buy them back assuming they will be out of the money?
dolla bills. the CC has lost a lot of value (so you buy it back much cheaper, money made from where you sold it). The stock rips again, you sell them again. Rinse and repeat. Another way to go net free by the way.
Method Man
MasonRamsay
During the sell offs like we just saw on the macro level, its a great time to look at which stocks are showing Relative Strength. For instance, even though DPW got nailed with selling it didn't fill it's gap from Monday nor did it violate its S2 pivot. Close above $5 will have me very confident in this one. We definitely need SPY above 390 and QQQ above 332.

PS I also liked the bounces I saw on RUN and AAPL (i am still bagholding even though I am one who usually takes losses very quickly)
Brewmaster
AG
who would be interested in a kiddie roth friendly competition? Maybe % per month gain.

I know 30k, Prog and others have one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ags2013 said:

Method Man said:

Macro correction. AAPL is fine.
I mean I jumped in on AAPL fairly late (August last year), and pretty much all my lots are well in the green except from last Friday, which is down all of -1.30%. Up 16% overall.

I really don't think there's much to panic about? What am I missing here?
cptthunder
BREwmaster said:

who would be interested in a kiddie roth friendly competition? Maybe % per month gain.

Got a reference on the best way to set one of these up? Ive got three kids now so im in for a good go at this haha
59 South
AG
rats I missed TRIT by 6 cents!
BourbonAg
AG
Quote:

sold Aug 15c for $3.30. I'll let them have it for $18.30 or get a net under $6 on those shares.
I was actually thinking of doing the same by buying back my Feb 19 $15 CC.
Rice and Fries
BREwmaster said:

I'm too busy shoveling funds into the 529 account ATM to grow that little bugger. Mine is only 4 months old, so she's got time to get a "job" and start a roth lol
Whitehouse Road
AG
They are talking about their options.
AgShaun00
AG
massive volume on fcx 4/16 28P.

stansberry option trader put an alert on it.
ebdb_bnb
AG 2000' said:

Rice and Fries said:

AG 2000' said:

ebdb_bnb said:

If it hasn't been mentioned, just a reminder that Powell is speaking at 2.
Feeling like this has something to do with it.

Leak of her speech somewhere maybe...
Jerome is offended by the misgenderization of his gonads.
Ha. read that and was thinking of Yellen.
HA! The speech should already be out there, at least I think that is the way they do it.

My guess is 3920 is strong resistance until it isn't.
ag94whoop
AG
BFT is stair stepping the wrong way
ebdb_bnb
MasonRamsay said:

During the sell offs like we just saw on the macro level, its a great time to look at which stocks are showing Relative Strength. For instance, even though DPW got nailed with selling it didn't fill it's gap from Monday nor did it violate its S2 pivot. Close above $5 will have me very confident in this one. We definitely need SPY above 390 and QQQ above 332.

PS I also liked the bounces I saw on RUN and AAPL (i am still bagholding even though I am one who usually takes losses very quickly)
Check out DASH while SPX was pulling back.
oldarmy1
AG
ag94whoop said:

CLOV and BFT are killing me ugh
I put CLOV and UWMC in my retirement accounts. They are long term stocks. It takes a while to churn through the post IPO minutia, but once it does they will jump.
FJ43
AgEng06 said:

FJ43 said:

Bought some WWR just under $9, sold Aug 15c for $3.30. I'll let them have it for $18.30 or get a net under $6 on those shares.

Edit to add: As far as your post, I really need to work on when/if to roll or buy back CCs and sold puts. I have the selling of each down, but the buy back and how to manage is still difficult for me.
30k said it best the other day. I won't have this exactly as he said it but our job is to make a profit whatever it takes. If I have the time and the technicals are lining up, I'll buy back covered calls, put positions, etc. for good gains P&L wise at a reversal then sell again. Just managing the positions.

I am by no means an expert or Pro trader so not for everyone, but I have found for me a profitable and continual way to lower share cost or take gains.

Edit Example: Sold the Feb 19 $5 SNDL calls for $0.45 this morning. Bought them back for $0.25 an hour or so later. Almost 50% gain. Now they are back to $0.35. May sell them again on push. Rinse and repeat.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

First Page Last Page
Page 3193 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.