Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,629 Views | 231663 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by EnronAg
Post removed:
by user
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I did the beacboad workout this am with my wife. The little instructor is easy on the eyes
leoj
AG

Just adding more fuel to the fire
McInnis 03
AG
leoj said:

Just adding more fuel to the fire
I'm watching MJ for a rollover short play. Seems we've blown the cannabis straight to the roof and the breather will be coming........
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McKinney Ag69
AG
oldarmy1
AG
SINO offering $28.5M in shares at market value. This can create an opening for positioning. Maybe in the $6 area?
AgEE10
AG
Challenger 17 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Selling puts mean you buy if they execute. So if it expires below $20 you end up buying it for $8.5/share. But for now out pocket the premium.
Sorry I should clarify I own the underlying shares already. It would be a covered PUT.
Selling the Put option gives the buyer the right to sell you the shares at $20. So if it's under $20 you're buying an additional 100 shares for every put contract you sell. I think you're getting it confused with how a covered call works.
Ags2013
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SINO offering $28.5M in shares at market value. This can create an opening for positioning. Maybe in the $6 area?
Of course I bought in yesterday
20ag12
AG
You and me both.
McInnis 03
AG
On topic

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
trip98
AG
I posted last night about tickers from last year that need added
Post removed:
by user
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

On topic

That much sooner we need to get positioned in some of these low key high potential plays.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
more on topic:

When I open my super duper fantastic stock info and trading service, I'll call it McFly's Information Aggregation and Trading Assistance Service. MIATAS for short, because what's better than a girly car with two doors and a removable top?

B&I Key:
deadbq03
AG
Challenger 17 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Selling puts mean you buy if they execute. So if it expires below $20 you end up buying it for $8.5/share. But for now out pocket the premium.
Sorry I should clarify I own the underlying shares already. It would be a covered PUT.
You seem to be confusing calls and puts.

The only "covered" put is a cash-covered put, meaning you have enough cash on hand to make the purchase of the equity at the strike price you sold the put for - in the case of a $20 WWR put, it means you'd need $2000 to "cover" the put. For cash-only accounts, brokers will actually lock down your cash so you can't spend it on other transactions and get yourself in trouble. For margin accounts, you'll have to either keep track of that yourself, or accept the risk of a naked put.

If you own a stock and sell a put, that has zero bearing on the shares you own. Anytime you sell a put, you're agreeing to buy 100 more shares if the stock price falls below the strike price of your put. So in your case, if you own WWR and sell a put for WWR, if means you'll potentially have to buy more WWR... your current shares of WWR are unaffected by a sold put.

The only direct relationship a put has with shares you own is if you buy a put as a protective hedge... meaning you get to sell for a guaranteed price if it falls below that price.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
AgEE10 said:

Challenger 17 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Selling the Put option gives the buyer the right to sell you the shares at $20. So if it's under $20 you're buying an additional 100 shares for every put contract you sell. I think you're getting it confused with how a covered call works.

Yes even if you own shares already, you'll still have to purchase if a sold put gets called out.

Speaking of getting called out - how about that math I did there? $20 - $12.5 = $8.50? Wow.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Followed flow on Jul $3c for GSAT this morning. Trying to get a net free fill

Edit corrected strike
AND BOOM, net free in less than a day. Let's do it again, going with the $4 strike now.

Net free at the open, watch for it. Up 30% over night
Ok, this thing is about to freaking EXPLODE. ($GSAT)

B&I Key:
Esteban du Plantier
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Great, now I'm only up 7.6% premarket.
MAS444
AG
So this is probably a dumb question on several levels...but shouldn't we be buying actual BTC? If so, what's the safest way to do so? I realize there's a long BTC thread...but it's overwhelming.
AgEE10
AG
I didn't even catch that. I need some coffee.
backintexas2013
AG
With all the talk about BTC can someone tweet out #AppleBTC or something like that to make it seem like Apple is moving into the BTC market.
gigemJTH12
AG
I still believe in $AAPL.

But at what point does it make more sense to roll the 2/19's out to March?
FJ43
Post removed:
by user
McInnis 03
AG
MAS444 said:

So this is probably a dumb question on several levels...but shouldn't we be buying actual BTC? If so, what's the safest way to do so? I realize there's a long BTC thread...but it's overwhelming.
If the $100k thesis on BTC is right, then yes. I'm even of the opinion that more money is to be available with ETH because the growth factor there piggybacking off BTC is huge. I wouldn't likely touch any of the other alt coins. It's coke (btc) and pepsi (eth) and everything else.

B&I Key:
sts7049
AG
i have been doing some recurring investments in BTC over the last couple months. i'm buying them for the long term.

you can create an account on coinbase or gemini and buy them. it's not hard at all.
McKinney Ag69
AG

McInnis 03
AG
sts7049 said:

i have been doing some recurring investments in BTC over the last couple months. i'm buying them for the long term.

you can create an account on coinbase or gemini and buy them. it's not hard at all.
If you have Paypal you have access to BTC, ETH, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Cash now. No new accounts needed.

B&I Key:
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I moved mine to 2 different strikes in March a week ago or more. I might be missing some of the volatile jump but didn't like the way that price manipulation by market movers was going.

I could be totally wrong there but I wanted to have a bit lower risk that the move continues to delay.
Ragoo
AG
Someone squeeze tesla back to $900 thanks.
cisgenderedAggie
So is buying TLRY at 62 this morning bad?
Ragoo
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I still believe in $AAPL.

But at what point does it make more sense to roll the 2/19's out to March?
im done buying options on aapl. It is a premium killer.
arrow
AG
I thought I was so smart selling those $41 TLRY CCs.
khaos288
AG
cisgenderedAggie said:

So is buying TLRY at 62 this morning bad?
I cant believe this. I added a ton to my retirement yesterday
sts7049
AG
correct, although with paypal you don't actually hold ownership of your BTC.
First Page Last Page
Page 3187 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.