Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,049,280 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by Cru
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Drillbit4 said:

VEON calls

You can buy $2 Mar 19 calls for $0.15. The stock is at $1.80. Twenty cents movement in 6 weeks for $0.15? I'll do that all day long.
Do the June calls. $0.20 for the same strike. Why not spend an extra 5 cents and give yourself a couple more months?
kyledr04
AG
Drillbit4 said:

VEON calls

You can buy $2 Mar 19 calls for $0.15. The stock is at $1.80. Twenty cents movement in 6 weeks for $0.15? I'll do that all day long.

Some of us have the June $2, they're $0.2
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
kyledr04 said:

Drillbit4 said:

VEON calls

Same
MROD92
What's the deal with TOPS?
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

BREwmaster said:

mazag08 said:

WWR volume is moving up.
Atlas is on it, look out! my cc's are about to get destroyed, lol.
They've BEEN on it which may mean if you have 12.50s this month you could potentially be safe. We'll see.
I'm in May 15's now, if those get called out then so be it. Nothing wrong with a 5 bagger!

yep, I just meant they were throwing big $ at it right now.
aggies4life
AG
Is the net free approach for all stocks? Like even the more established names too (AAPL , googl, tsla, etc) Or only certain ones?
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Yes, it's a peace of mind deal. Don't even look at it once you're net free.
Bulldog73
AG
I'm the polar opposite of an expert, but I would lean towards ones that have more volatility. I certainly see the benefit of having your initial investment protected, and I'm totally down for that, but some of the ones considered to be more steady seem to carry less risk (though, risk is always present in any investment, of course).
Bird Poo
AG
aggies4life said:

Is the net free approach for all stocks? Like even the more established names too (AAPL , googl, tsla, etc) Or only certain ones?
This thread was created to identify emerging stocks for mass accumulation and going net free. But if you're in position to go net free on something I say go for it.
cptthunder
AgStuckinLBK said:

kyledr04 said:

Drillbit4 said:

VEON calls

Same
Everytime today when something gets posted about this here the price jump a couple cents haha
agdaddy04
AG
mazag08 said:

Drillbit4 said:

VEON calls

Do the June calls. $0.20 for the same strike. Why not spend an extra 5 cents and give yourself a couple more months?

I was looking to execute this on the TOS app but some things I'm just not understanding. Guess I need to check out the TDA videos again.
Troy91
AG
Went net free on Roku back in September. It is no stress to watch it daily since that time. It is pure profit.

Try it on a few different stocks and you will notice the change in your mentality with the net free stocks.
Shares and calls in VEON.
FJ43
aggies4life said:

Takes longer when explosive or high near term growth isn't expected. Those types you sell covered calls repeatedly, sell puts, etc. and other strategies including trading some shares.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

aggies4life
AG
Thanks guys. Totally understand the approach for the more volatile stocks...just wasn't sure if the net free approach applied to aapl and the likes. Thanks for the responses
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Followed flow on Jul $3c for GSAT this morning. Trying to get a net free fill

Edit corrected strike
AND BOOM, net free in less than a day. Let's do it again, going with the $4 strike now.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
cptthunder said:

AgStuckinLBK said:

kyledr04 said:

Drillbit4 said:

VEON calls

Same
Everytime today when something gets posted about this here the price jump a couple cents haha

Well, only one thing to do
BearkatRunner88
AG
How do some of you guys determine how / when to sell off net free shares? Is it based on levels of prior resistance? I've done well following the strategy of going net free on a few of these but am not sure how to execute selling off on the continued way up.

ONTX is a good example for me. I have 10k shares that are net free and this is roughly 7-8% of my portfolio which seems to be a very large chunk to me personally. Missed the $1.4 range this morning and wasn't sure on 1) how much to sell off and 2) at what point you make that determination.

I'm sure this has been covered in the past and I did not attend the seminar by OA so apologies in advance for those that will think this is a consistent question on this board.

Appreciate any advice / insight.
Chef Elko
AG
Trash company and trash leadership makes this a dilution machine. I would take any of the other speculative picks on this thread over TOPS. Although they do go on little runs every now and then, but that's few and far between.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Edit corrected strike
AND BOOM, net free in less than a day. Let's do it again, going with the $4 strike now.
Feb $4?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Post removed:
by user
0708aggie
AG
Out of NLS at 2.15. $22k gain.
McKinney Ag69
AG
Before anyone asks, OA1's target for NIO 2/19 65C is $3.50. We are at $2.29 currently, so a ways to go.
Method Man
Help me aapl
ClutchCityAg
Just an idea I thought I'd share, I am setting up a new Roth IRA account that I am going to fund using profits from OAs option plays. That Roth is going to be strictly for these new crypto stocks we are looking at. Going to use a disciplined approach and shoot for 1-2% of portfolio for each play and get net free on them as soon as feasible. Keeping them separate helps me stay disciplined and these seem like long term plays with large growth potential so I want to pay as little tax on them as possible.
Let it ride
Ornithopter
AG
Method Man said:

Help me aapl

Pull up the one month chart, look at the middle of it, and it'll help you relax.
McInnis 03
AG
FJ43 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Edit corrected strike
Feb $4?
Jul
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
FJ43
ClutchCityAg said:

Just an idea I thought I'd share, I am setting up a new Roth IRA account that I am going to fund using profits from OAs option plays. That Roth is going to be strictly for these new crypto stocks we are looking at. Going to use a disciplined approach and shoot for 1-2% of portfolio for each play and get net free on them as soon as feasible. Keeping them separate helps me stay disciplined and these seem like long term plays with large growth potential so I want to pay as little tax on them as possible.
Love the ROTH idea.

Well any 20% correction is going to be bothersome, net free or not. However, I'll have a lot more peace of mind if I'm net free.

Dave Ramsey, from a personal finances approach, is the GOAT. I know my generation and younger are fiscal idiots and love cheap debt, but he's absolutely spot on with his methods.

I've never really paid attention to anything he says about trading.
McInnis 03
AG
n/m

B&I Key:
FJ43
LYFT dump. I successfully turned a winner into a loser.

BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

LYFT dump. I successfully turned a winner into a loser.
Just sold my calls prior to earnings today for a small gain.
cisgenderedAggie
MROD92 said:

What's the deal with TOPS?

It's slowly trying to get back to where my dumbass bought in last year so I can get my money back
KaneIsAble
AG
Heard that
agdaddy04
AG
0708aggie said:

Out of NLS at 2.15. $22k gain.

Very nice. How long were you in?
First Page Last Page
Page 3175 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.