Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,047,385 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Esteban du Plantier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ethereum will eventually move from mining, aka 'proof of work', to generate income to 'proof of stake'.

In proof of stake, people will stake their ethereum, essentially using it as collateral, to guarantee validity of blockchain calculations, and will earn a fee for doing so.

So ethereum mining will eventually end and will be replaced with staking.

I don't really understand it that well.
frankm01
Rice and Fries said:

BTC hit $46.5K.
Dammit, opened a Coinbase account a few days ago and got my $5.00 free bitcoin, but never went back to buy more. Now worth $6.79.
Rice and Fries
Why coinbase vs Binance or the others?
Ornithopter
AG
So, is anybody buying anything premarket tomorrow?
Mostly Foggy Recollection
NWS will digest models and update by Wednesday.

Yes, that's multiple inches. 4-6.
zag213004
AG
Ragoo said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Ragoo said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

It's hard to trade AH from your phone while also trying to give two 16 month olds a bath!
doesnt get easier at 4. But I'm at the airport now.

Oh I know buddy, they are the youngest of 5
geez. Just the twins for me.

Wow didn't know so many had twins here. Have a 5 yr old, 2 yr old, and 4 month old twins.... In survival mode now. This forum helps me survive these days.
frankm01
Rice and Fries said:

No particular reason other than from some reading I've done. I have heard of Gemini and Binance, but didnt think there was much difference. Apparently I need to read the Crypto thread a little more.
BreNayPop
AG
Twins here too. 8 years old and are my two babies.
Ornithopter
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

OutlawAG04 said:

KT 90 said:

A couple BTC small caps to add to the research list (I didn't see them yet), $izea and $brqs.

Radio silent has been strong on BRQS as a long play. Liked the chart and got in a week ago
BRQS... first goalpost confirmed...

Anybody else have thoughts on this one, it is an interesting chart.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Can anyone gets staffs attention? We need to sticky some of these Google docs and we need to be able to filter certain posts.
John Francis Donaghy
$30,000 Millionaire said:

oldarmy1 said:

No time to wait for advanced trading tactics on REI. This is called angling in to a late mover. I bought a bunch of shares and I sale the $2.50 covered calls out months from here on 50%. If it's above $2.50 then you just got a net free angle in trade. If it's below $2.50 then you just reduced your hold price significantly to "catch up" with earlier entries.
I bought but used the Feb 19 for $0.21. I'm completely fine buying for $1.60 and selling for $2.71 with two weeks of work.
Hey 30k, how are you feeling about this with REI's big run up so fast over the last day or so? Any change in approach, or are you comfortable sticking with your original plan?
FbgTxAg
AG
You chart readers might take a look at U. It's forming a cup after a monstrous dip and decline post earnings.

I'm not good at reading this stuff but seems to be large potential here.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Brewmaster
AG
ag94whoop said:

I am a little concerned about this idea of a full reset OA mentioned. As a guy who owns two ranches making up more than 2/3 of my net worth , the idea of that being taken away kinda freaks me out. Should I seriously be looking to sell?
OA would say no (as he owns a bunch of land), but follow this thread and make some dough!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

oldarmy1 said:

No time to wait for advanced trading tactics on REI. This is called angling in to a late mover. I bought a bunch of shares and I sale the $2.50 covered calls out months from here on 50%. If it's above $2.50 then you just got a net free angle in trade. If it's below $2.50 then you just reduced your hold price significantly to "catch up" with earlier entries.
I bought but used the Feb 19 for $0.21. I'm completely fine buying for $1.60 and selling for $2.71 with two weeks of work.
Hey 30k, how are you feeling about this with REI's big run up so fast over the last day or so? Any change in approach, or are you comfortable sticking with your original plan?

60% profit in two weeks? Sign me up.
TriumphForks
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Back in 2017 when I first started dabbling in crypto, coinbase was one of the main ways people were using to convert fiat to crypto (at the time coinbase offered BTC, LTC, ETH). You could then transfer your crypto to Binance which is what a lot of people used to trade between cryptos (e.g. you could swap Bitcoin directly into something like Cardano or Stellar or Ripple.... known as "alt" coins). At the time to my knowledge there was no way to onramp fiat directly into binance.

To my understanding binance is no longer available to US customers? I haven't used it in awhile but at this point it doesn't matter as much since coinbase has a much more diverse set of offerings than it used to. There are also other exchanges that you can buy crypto with fiat such as Gemini or Kraken for example.

Check out coinmarketcap.com and click on any crypto you are interested in and it will give you a list of exchanges it can be obtained from.

Also there is a lot of good info in the crypto thread.
Brewmaster
AG
DubFalls said:

So, is anybody buying anything premarket tomorrow?
OA mentioned he bought EBON, DPW, SINO. He likes DPW a lot.

I like TRIT too, looks to have bottomed, reversal nice volume, also has options.

NXTD is interesting and has options - crypto payment software. (ran a bunch after hours)
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm in all of those but SINO
Ornithopter
AG
Hopefully you didn't miss the Ride Or Die gifs
FbgTxAg
AG
Prediction - 137 cannot hold AAPL tomorrow.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
agdaddy04
AG
TOS doesn't allow premarket buying, correct?
Brewmaster
AG
sorry if already posted...

I just read Coinbase is going public, either late this month or March. That could be a big one, certainly won't be a penny though.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
agdaddy04 said:

TOS doesn't allow premarket buying, correct?

Yes, 6am central. Just need to pick ext in the 'time in force' selection during order entry.
Philip J Fry
AG
TriumphForks said:

Rice and Fries said:

Back in 2017 when I first started dabbling in crypto, coinbase was one of the main ways people were using to convert fiat to crypto (at the time coinbase offered BTC, LTC, ETH). You could then transfer your crypto to Binance which is what a lot of people used to trade between cryptos (e.g. you could swap Bitcoin directly into something like Cardano or Stellar or Ripple.... known as "alt" coins). At the time to my knowledge there was no way to onramp fiat directly into binance.

To my understanding binance is no longer available to US customers? I haven't used it in awhile but at this point it doesn't matter as much since coinbase has a much more diverse set of offerings than it used to. There are also other exchanges that you can buy crypto with fiat such as Gemini or Kraken for example.

Check out coinmarketcap.com and click on any crypto you are interested in and it will give you a list of exchanges it can be obtained from.

I'm getting into it now. Everything you just said is still true, except Binance has a US version
Post removed:
by user
backintexas2013
AG
BTC holding above $47,000.

Really wish AAPL would come out and say they are getting into the crypto business. Either that or have the Reuters blasted everywhere on Twitter to make it seem like they are.
backintexas2013
AG
NXTD. BTC play is rolling this morning.
Golf Ag
AG
Philip J Fry said:

TriumphForks said:

Rice and Fries said:

I'm getting into it now. Everything you just said is still true, except Binance has a US version

Binance US does not allow Texas residents to buy crypto. I think there are ways around that like a VPN but I didn't mess with it. I originally bought in December via Coinbase, but then transferred to Coinbase Pro because the withdrawal fees are much lower.
FJ43
third coast.. said:

Morning FJ
Morning Third Coast!

Man this thread. Such a community. So many ideas, people helping people and everyone wanting each other to succeed.

Someone just tell me where to invest and when.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
backintexas2013 said:

NXTD. BTC play is rolling this morning.
Curious to see if the $2.15 area becomes a support level....or back down at $1.87 on a flash or retrace. I have a starter order in but at $2.01 (resistance level from last night that may be supported). Juiced premiums to sell against on covered calls.

Have some meetings that will take me out of some of the morning so will look to pick up a few shares here before I head out.

Will try not to FOMO...try anyway.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

59 South
AG
Wow, I think I just read an overnight record for me some odd 250+ posts. A few things:

• I posted about TRIT yesterday morning. There's a seeking alpha article that tells you everything you need to know. I think it will make the TA Top 10 list per my crystal ball. I'll reply/repost below.
  • The winter weather is nuts. It's been snowing here in London for over 2 days now and hasn't been above freezing since Sunday midday and not expected to be higher than low 30s until next Sunday. That is extremely rare here.
  • I finally was able to snap a pic this morning for you Mexican concrete investors (enyoy!):

59 South
AG
59 South said:

Here's another interesting new name - $TRIT - Singapore based FinTech on blockchain. Bonus points for being a small cap with options! I've been waiting on some price stabilization before dipping my toes in.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4395632-triterras-debunking-short-thesis-shares-major-upside

TexasAg2017
AG
CIDM having a nice morning so far
FJ43
59 South said:

59 South said:

Here's another interesting new name - $TRIT - Singapore based FinTech on blockchain. Bonus points for being a small cap with options! I've been waiting on some price stabilization before dipping my toes in.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4395632-triterras-debunking-short-thesis-shares-major-upside

Morning.

Looked at the 3 month daily easy to see support and resistance levels. Around $7 looks well defended. Drew a few quick lines. Can't ignore the goal posts either.

The 1 Year is a bit of a mess though. Will check out the options chain as well.

FJ43
DNN at $0.93 early premarket

First Page Last Page
Page 3159 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.