Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,505 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
KT 90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And wow, leave right after work to take my kid to baseball and come back to a zillion posts! But it's a good thing.

gougler08
AG
Ugh, guess I'll cover the outside pipes and plants...was hoping to avoid it this year
RoamingGnome
Shareholder class action just announced against CLOV.

https://apple.news/AOGo-hGi6TYOaALfO_bQ6Ow
BrokeAssAggie
RoamingGnome said:

Appears to be a law firm trying to make a quick buck??

On February 4, 2021, Hindenburg Research issued a report stating that prior to the merger, Clover has been under active investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice for issues ranging from kickbacks to marketing practices to undisclosed third-party deals. Clover did not reveal that it was under active investigation by the DOJ.

On this news, shares of Clover common shares (CLOV) plummeted from their February 3, 2021 closing price of $13.95 per share to close at $12.23 per share on February 4, 2021, and Clover warrants (CLOVW) fell $0.18 per warrant, to close at $3.39 per warrant on February 4, 2021.

The complaint, filed on February 5, 2021, alleges that throughout the Class Period defendants made materially false and misleading statements regarding the Company's business. Specifically, defendants made false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that: (i) Clover was the recipient of a Civil Investigative Demand from the DOJ; (ii) much of Clover's sales are driven by a major related party deal that Clover not only failed to disclose but took active steps to conceal; (iii) Clover's subsidiary Seek Insurance failed to disclose its relationship with Clover and misled consumers as to its purported independence; (iv) Clover's software was in fact rudimentary; and (v) as a result, the Company's public statements were materially false and misleading at all relevant times.
GasAg90
FJ43 said:

AG 2000' said:

FJ43 said:

BlueTaze said:

If this actually happens it will be nuts.
Summary?
Zach Morris tweeting out a group (Anonymous) or @movethemarket with 152k followers generated 3.9M views on CLOV in 2 days before even formally posting about it. They are creating their own platform to discuss stock picks and releasing the platform Feb15th. CLOV is their first pick if I am reading things correctly. I did not watch the TikTok video released by them but reading the comments and details.

Bottom line is apparently the social media world is about to be all over CLOV.
Quick question for an option newbie.

If we have covered calls, should we buy them back?
Ags2013
AG
RoamingGnome said:

Looks like a whole lotta nothing to me
KT 90
AG
I added a couple to the MA's, but looks like somebody is updating it also right now, so I'll stay out. We may consider an additional column, "buy more shares" (or late entry point) or something similar for those who didn't get in initially and may want to buy in.

Bird Poo
AG
KT 90 said:

The problem with adding the MA trades is that the horse has already left the barn for most of them. Now for new entries it's more about looking at the PT and buying on dips.

Agreed. I've prioritized by stocks that are still within the accumulation range.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
DFW here. Baby #3 due on Monday. Can't wait for this potential s***-show.
mazag08
AG
aggies4life said:

Is the email similar to this: https://www.elliottwavetrader.net/market-update/Sentiment-Speaks-This-Pavlovian-Market-Is-Training-You-Well-But-Prepare-To-Pay-The-Piper-202102066736638.html
That's the exact email. Sorry guys! Thought it was one of subscriber only ones.
PeekingDuck
AG
Congratulations and good luck!
FJ43
GasAg90 said:

FJ43 said:

AG 2000' said:

FJ43 said:

BlueTaze said:

Summary?
Zach Morris tweeting out a group (Anonymous) or @movethemarket with 152k followers generated 3.9M views on CLOV in 2 days before even formally posting about it. They are creating their own platform to discuss stock picks and releasing the platform Feb15th. CLOV is their first pick if I am reading things correctly. I did not watch the TikTok video released by them but reading the comments and details.

Others should chime in but much of this is speculation in my opinion. Maybe it happens maybe not. I often buy back calls if I can for a nice profit and/or something technically tells me it's about to go. If the stock isn't showing strength I just let them decay. These sorts of things above though are speculative and not sure anyone has the answer to what will or won't happen.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Golf Ag
AG
Post of appreciation for this thread. $KIQ and $WWR led to the best day in the market I've had in ~8 months. Been reading for a while but jumping in deeper/more often of late on the MA plays.

The Google Doc with MA's laid out is also incredibly helpful.

Donation coming soon, OA.
Bird Poo
AG
Killin Me Smalls said:

Baby #6 coming this Friday. Some friends are offering their 4x4 trucks.
KT 90
AG
FJ43 said:

GasAg90 said:

FJ43 said:

AG 2000' said:

FJ43 said:

BlueTaze said:

Summary?

Others should chime in but much of this is speculation in my opinion. Maybe it happens maybe not. I often buy back calls if I can for a nice profit and/or something technically tells me it's about to go. If the stock isn't showing strength I just let them decay. These sorts of things above though are speculative and not sure anyone has the answer to what will or won't happen.

Only had one cc for CLOV, but bought it back after it took the dip. There keeps being hints of this one going on a run soon, so not going to resell another cc just yet. Just sitting tight for now until it will generate more premium.

KaneIsAble
AG
6?
KT 90
AG
Killin Me Smalls said:

Good luck, and hopefully you aren't driving to the hospital on iced over roads. You might consider contacting the Dr. about inducing a few days early if the Dr. feels it would be appropriate.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Should I sell my AMC/GME for a -70% loss and put it into CLOV?
trip98
AG
PearlJammin said:

KT 90 said:

The problem with adding the MA trades is that the horse has already left the barn for most of them. Now for new entries it's more about looking at the PT and buying on dips.

Agreed. I've prioritized by stocks that are still within the accumulation range.
why not add dates or date range they were first discussed on here or recommended by OA1 or whomever the key driver was?
the price alone likely gives away if "horse has left the barn" but having a date or date range would be another indicator.
Bird Poo
AG
KaneIsAble said:

6?
She can't keep her hands off of me.
Bird Poo
AG
trip98 said:

PearlJammin said:

KT 90 said:

why not add dates or date range they were first discussed on here or recommended by OA1 or whomever the key driver was?
the price alone likely gives away if "horse has left the barn" but having a date or date range would be another indicator.
By all means, please do so.
kyle field 94
AG
leoj said:

gougler08 said:

leoj said:

$MRNA and $RIOT going nuts ah

MARA up to $37...I may have to sell more covered calls at this point

I really wish I had started with a larger position. I may just have to sit tight and maybe add on dips.

I wish I did not have all my shares with covered calls.

I have rolled them out as far and high as possible at flat rolls over the past month

Out to 2023 and 40$ calls.

Now I have to sit and wait to collect on them
Maximus_Meridius
AG
We got 3 FEET of snow in my part of PA last week. We're expecting another 3-6" tomorrow and probably another foot this weekend. Thank goodness for my snowblower. Good luck to you guys in Texas. Remember, the key is to drive in such a way that traction is maximized. 4x4 doesn't do squat if all 4 are slipping.

Since midnight last night, this thread has jumped nearly 20 pages. I think I'm starting to spend more time tracking this than the market...
wangus12
AG
KT 90 said:

Killin Me Smalls said:

Good luck, and hopefully you aren't driving to the hospital on iced over roads. You might consider contacting the Dr. about inducing a few days early if the Dr. feels it would be appropriate.

I'd agree with this. Check with the docs.. Granted I'll come deliver it for you for any AAPL shares you have. Last kid I delivered was in the back of our Bryan FD ambulance 11 years ago in a Walmart parking lot.
Ornithopter
AG
FPI and LAND look like interesting land hedges if you are so inclined - farmland REITs.
Madmarttigan
AG
PearlJammin said:

CLOV is not shorted like GME, so are these anonymous people looking to flip or invest?

It wont be like GME, and even the short interest data released tomorrow won't tell us because it is from 1/29 but I presume the short interest has at least doubled after the report from what it was on 1/15 which could be 20-30% of the float.

I wouldn't be shocked if the short interest from 1/29 is 15% or more of the float, and we are now over 30%.

Add that with some FOMO and an easy 100% few days or week is possible, nothing like GME though.
Formerly tv1113
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Started going through some of the Blockchain pennies.... I've blown through a handful because there is very little info there.

Not saying they won't be something, but dear Lord, if I can't find 2019 reports and incomplete 2018s, that makes me uneasy.

If I see OTC, they get no higher than a 6 IMO.
DisAg
BTSC originally incorporated in NV as "JLL Miami Enterprises, INC"->01/02 "BMX Holdings"->02/03"Direct Music Group"->04/04 "Cell Bio-Systems"->06/06 "Tulip Biomed"->02/16 "BitCoin Services, Inc

currently trading at .08

Parent company is Hamo Enterprises which seems to be one guy based out of Florida, James Jordhamo Jr.

Office Address:
2637 E. Atlantic Boulevard #34538
Pompano Beach, FL 33062

Registered with the SEC as Franklin Scientific, Inc

Office Address:
257-10 Union Turnpike
Floral Park, NY 11004

Phone: 888-238-6400
I called the number, got auto-attendant, "Press 1 if I am over 50, otherwise press 2". Pressed 2, call hung up

Last quarterly report they operate of a loss of $2,286,855 with revenue of $218,362. The biggest expense to cause the loss was stock-based compensation at $2,298,656.

They have an accumulated deficit of $20,447,539 as of Sept 20,2020.

BTSC forward looking statement for 4Q report:

Our ability to attract and retain management, and to integrate and maintain technical information and management information systems
Our ability to raise capital when needed and on acceptable terms and conditions
The intensity of competition
General economic conditions

Looks like a scam to me? Sorry didn't know how to fit all this into the spreadsheet. If my guess is correct, would be best to delete.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
wangus12 said:

KT 90 said:

Killin Me Smalls said:

I'd agree with this. Check with the docs.. Granted I'll come deliver it for you for any AAPL shares you have. Last kid I delivered was in the back of our Bryan FD ambulance 11 years ago in a Walmart parking lot.

Haha. I do have a lot of AAPL shares. Bought more today with my capital from going net free on WWR. But we have a scheduled c-section, so that might be pretty tricky in the back of a truck.
Aston04
AG
Key an eye on AGRX. It stayed in a trading window of $2.70 to $3.00 for months- which I took 2 round trips (could have done many more). Looking to finally break out. They launched a birth control patch recently.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
mazag08 said:

For anyone who cares, Avi Gilbert who is one of the best Elliot Wave guys put out a lengthy article recently that discusses how the FED follows the stock market, with historical context, and doesn't lead it. His overall outlook was to enjoy the next two years but to start to prepare for 2023 or 2024 recession, noting that it could be looked at as being the "Greater depression". He's usually neither a bull nor a bear, and he's been right about a lot. Not saying he will be right here, but he's been citing that time frame for well over a year and has also been saying for even longer that we will be seeing 4,100 S&P at some point this year.

If anyone wants the email PM me. My dad pays a lot for his insight so I want to respect that and not post it on the board, and also don't want to clog the thread.

Yikes. Worse than 08 or the great depression?
Mostly Foggy Recollection
We've had almost 15 years of fiscal idiocy. I could argue it started with Wilson/FDR/LBJ/Nixon, but for modern times, 1997 is ground zero (CRA 1997), and it's gone downhilll quickly.

There's nothing left to be said. The last three Administrations and Congress have been an absolute disaster together fiscally speaking. This new one looks to be even worse.

wangus12
AG
Killin Me Smalls said:

wangus12 said:

KT 90 said:

Killin Me Smalls said:

Haha. I do have a lot of AAPL shares. Bought more today with my capital from going net free on WWR. But we have a scheduled c-section, so that might be pretty tricky in the back of a truck.

Oh I'm out. Seen one alien birth. Never again.
FJ43
DisAg said:

BTSC originally incorporated in NV as "JLL Miami Enterprises, INC"->01/02 "BMX Holdings"->02/03"Direct Music Group"->04/04 "Cell Bio-Systems"->06/06 "Tulip Biomed"->02/16 "BitCoin Services, Inc

currently trading at .08

Parent company is Hamo Enterprises which seems to be one guy based out of Florida, James Jordhamo Jr.

Office Address:
2637 E. Atlantic Boulevard #34538
Pompano Beach, FL 33062

Registered with the SEC as Franklin Scientific, Inc

Office Address:
257-10 Union Turnpike
Floral Park, NY 11004

Phone: 888-238-6400
I called the number, got auto-attendant, "Press 1 if I am over 50, otherwise press 2". Pressed 2, call hung up

Last quarterly report they operate of a loss of $2,286,855 with revenue of $218,362. The biggest expense to cause the loss was stock-based compensation at $2,298,656.

They have an accumulated deficit of $20,447,539 as of Sept 20,2020.

BTSC forward looking statement for 4Q report:

Our ability to attract and retain management, and to integrate and maintain technical information and management information systems
Our ability to raise capital when needed and on acceptable terms and conditions
The intensity of competition
General economic conditions

Looks like a scam to me? Sorry didn't know how to fit all this into the spreadsheet. If my guess is correct, would be best to delete.

I suspect we will have to sift a lot of these through the strainer to uncover the gems.

Great work on it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

mazag08
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

mazag08 said:

For anyone who cares, Avi Gilbert who is one of the best Elliot Wave guys put out a lengthy article recently that discusses how the FED follows the stock market, with historical context, and doesn't lead it. His overall outlook was to enjoy the next two years but to start to prepare for 2023 or 2024 recession, noting that it could be looked at as being the "Greater depression". He's usually neither a bull nor a bear, and he's been right about a lot. Not saying he will be right here, but he's been citing that time frame for well over a year and has also been saying for even longer that we will be seeing 4,100 S&P at some point this year.

If anyone wants the email PM me. My dad pays a lot for his insight so I want to respect that and not post it on the board, and also don't want to clog the thread.

Yikes. Worse than 08 or the great depression?
That's the underlying "holy ****" paragraph in the article.

Take with a tiny grain of salt.
First Page Last Page
Page 3157 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.