Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,076,055 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PincheDriller said:

McInnis 03 said:

AMZN buying a buncha engines from WPRT
Should have bought WPRT on this message. Would be up at least @2.50 a share
I was able to get in, this was another Benzinga Charlie play. He announced it at the MOMENT the bell went off to close the day.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
Thank you for this.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
agdaddy04
AG
This was my first week to break into it and up 8% even with some stupid decisions.
WoMD
20% week and 42% in 2021. This year has started insane...
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Thank you for this.
I hope someone else will also look at it to verify what I read is true, because if so I am going to be hitting this hard.
McInnis 03
AG
EGOC closed at .0058

B&I Key:
Killin Me Smalls
AG
McInnis 03 said:

EGOC closed at .0058
Way down AH though.
agdaddy04
AG
yes that was pretty incredible - bought into it late and still made 40+%
oldarmy1
AG
FJ43 said:

When AAPL rips to $145 next week we will all be whistling Dixie.
I see that happening.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FJ43 said:

I see that happening.

Rolled my 136 weekly so it better!
hbc07
AG
I've got a modest portfolio, mostly in some strong ETFs. First dip into trading was with GME where i timidly made 130% (could have made so so so so much more, but wasn't comfortable with the risk). After following this thread, I think I think I need to open a TOS paper trade account and learn... a lot.
FbgTxAg
AG
I'm looking at the shlt ton of 2/19 10 WWR calls I bought last week and I'm just smiling....
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
sts7049
AG
believe me, i thought the same. still do, but after messing around with it for a couple weeks now the basics are starting to make sense.
GasAg90
David_Puddy said:

GasAg90 said:

Was a great week. Two more stocks net free, bringing my total to eight. Until a few weeks ago I was not using options, and have since learned how powerful they are for risk management and reducing cost basis. Set up a couple of insurance hedges and learning a lot from that. With everyone helping each other I can now understand more of the trading strategies. Also, seeing a few chart patterns in real time and using them to look for entry/exit points. Model T is your friend.

Thanks to everyone's contributions here!

Did OA's seminars get you knowledgeable and involved with options?
I have been following this thread for some time and started actively trading stocks while I was/am working from home due to COVID. My knowledge of options was from reading the board and closely paying attention the the major contributors here. When OA1 announced he was doing the seminar I started to spend some time to to learn as much as I could beforehand to make the most of it. I made my first option trade a couple days before the seminar. It was a covered call for 1 contract. Have made several more since then as I have become familiar with the trade mechanics. Now, when options are discussed on thread I understand the strategies.

I have also learned a lot from newcomers asking questions and reading the various responses. There are quite a few on here that have been extremely generous with their time and knowledge.
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FJ43 said:

I see that happening.
For FEB19 I've been holding 125/145 call spreads and 130/150/170 butterflies ever since there was a HEAVY HEAVY 145c flow for that opex.

I'm thinking of opening some of those MAR 145/160 spreads as a continuation play.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
Apparently ALPP is still on the up because they're in the delivery drone business and they're about to set some sort of world record with one of their drones.

B&I Key:
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

FJ43 said:

I see that happening.
Gimme one fordy, one fordy, one fordyfiiiive.....got one fordy now one fiddy one fiddy one fiddyfiiiive....do I hear one sixty. Sold.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

LarryL
BourbonAg said:

arrow said:

My head is spinning switching from Ally Invest to IBKR today! I'm going to have to spend some time on the TWS setup thread this weekend...
No joke. I switched from RH to TDA and Thinkorswim is overwhelming
I was the same way when I started using Thinkorswim, but TDA has great training, check out their Education tab for lots of webinars.
TecRecAg
AG
FJ43 said:

oldarmy1 said:

FJ43 said:

I see that happening.
Gimme one fordy, one fordy, one fordyfiiiive.....got one fordy now one fiddy one fiddy one fiddyfiiiive....do I hear one sixty. Sold.

I've been accumulating on dips. $160 and I'm playing more golf than I do now.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
hbc07 said:

I've got a modest portfolio, mostly in some strong ETFs. First dip into trading was with GME where i timidly made 130% (could have made so so so so much more, but wasn't comfortable with the risk). After following this thread, I think I think I need to open a TOS paper trade account and learn... a lot.

This is the way.
FJ43
I know their family appreciates it and OA as well. While it can not begin to ease the moment for them, I hope they know they are loved and in our prayers.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Mostly Foggy Recollection
Found an entry point on UWMC.

I had meant to do so earlier this week, and was going over market notes from last Sunday, checked UWMC, and yep, I dove in.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Way too young. It saddens me and also reminds me we aren't guaranteed tomorrow.

He looks about my age, maybe a bit younger. It really puts things in perspective.

Prayed for his family every night with my boys.
Aston04
AG
Tscrf powered up to $3.04 a share. Potential legalization of gaming in canada driving this.

Other one to watch: rvvtf. Due soon for news on its stage 3 oral covid therapy drug. If hits, could be gigantic.
FbgTxAg
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Found an entry point on UWMC.

I had meant to do so earlier this week, and was going over market notes from last Sunday, checked UWMC, and yep, I dove in.

Some of us rode that b*#%# down then got disgusted and sold.

But that's now in the past!
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
FbgTxAg
AG
Wait these 2/5 options don't expire till AH is over??
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I did my small part for the Beres'. Tomorrow is never guaranteed.
Method Man
So, I put in a stop/limit order on my Clover option and basically sold it at its lowest point. This is gonna take some practice but outside of that starting to trade options this week has been fun. Maybe a little more stressful since I'm not used to the volatility. Everyone says it's the bees knees so hope to learn from y'all.
leoj
AG
I bleed maroon
AG
leoj said:

As a holder of $70 covered calls expiring Feb, Mar, and Jun, I too love the sideways action. Too early to declare victory, of course, but I fully expected to be called out on these. The Feb $75s are looking alright, for now. I bought back my $65 Febs when price retreated to $60ish, too. So far, so good!
tsuag10
AG
Done. And prayers sent for him and his family.
Ags2013
AG
Killin Me Smalls said:

McInnis 03 said:

EGOC closed at .0058
Way down AH though.

OTC after hours is essentially meaningless right?
LarryL
The large percentage of everything I acted on based on recommendations from this board are up. By contrast, the majority of everything I recommended to myself is down.

I could be a case study in bad entry timing.

Note to self: "Listen to the board, not that little guy in your head!"
FJ43
StrawberryFields said:

The large percentage of everything I acted on based on recommendations from this board are up. By contrast, the majority of everything I recommended to myself is down.

I could be a case study in bad entry timing.

Note to self: "Listen to the board, not that little guy in your head!"
The more you apply to the technical knowledge, process and discipline the more your personal confidence will grow. I think most anyone will agree it just takes time.

gougler08
AG
Just wanted to say thanks to OA and the big contributors to this thread. I started to do a lot more work in the stock market 3 years ago and had what I considered a great 2020 in terms of realized gains. And now in 2021 I've already made 90% of what I made in realized gains and it's Feb 5th

My knowledge has grown immensely but all of the ideas that we bounce back and forth is really what has helped me the most (and of course the meme stocks + a bunch of penny stocks hitting in the last 2 months).

I love this little community we have made here and I'm proud to be a small part of it. Time to drink something nice and celebrate the weekend

First Page Last Page
Page 3126 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.