Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,078,750 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by El_duderino
Post removed:
by user
jwhitlock3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jayelbee said:

Keep investing it. No reason to pull it out of the market until it's due.
So you just pull straight from your account April/June/September/January based on how you did in that previous quarter?
HoustonAg2014
AG
oldarmy1 said:

AAPL hasn't done anything yet. Feb 19th should be fine to get the move to where the original options targets were.

WWR - I am laughing at you guys scrambling on covered calls.

To be fair I put half my retirement on WWR at $5 a share lol. I figured if 25% of my portfolio made 50% plus the premium in 1 month then I was doing pretty well. I was hoping it would stay in accumulation mode till second Q then pop
HoustonAg2014
AG
Post removed:
by user
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BREwmaster said:

I don't have the tweets handy, but some of the elliot wave guys are going ****oo for TSLA at the moment. I need to save some ammo for it! I think $1100+ was mentioned as a target, oomph!

In. I don't know how yet but I'm in for a good TSLAing! I'll figure it out tomorrow morning, but now beer #5 is calling.
TexasAg2017
AG
I rolled into some $10C down the road and I'm not going to be upset if I get called out on my 100 shares by then. A nice fat profit and I won't look back. I learned something for the next round though!
Brewmaster
AG
I used to pay quarterly taxes (self employed, before I formed an S corp - I'm a landscape architect). I'm going to go back to that method, pay quarterly taxes on any earnings. I set aside 25% of winnings in an account. This way come tax season I won't owe a big bill.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Colt98 said:

Since its night time and things are a little slower I have a question. What do some of you guys do when you want to take a day off from your trades. It seems since I've started trading more I have my phone with me 24/7 during the week regardless where I am. Vacation, fishing, hunting, ball games..... I never fill like I can get out of some trades to just put the phone away. Some of you guys that may make 5 figure gains+ per week, how do you manage your off time during trading days. If you want to leave for a week. How do you manage that. Do you just close out all your short term trades and let the rest role? Up you hedges?

One more.... With all the short term gains(taxable accts), how do you treat your taxes. Do you take money out weekly, quarterly...Let it ride till tax day? Do you sit it in savings, bond ETF's? I know the last year has been some of the greatest times in the markets for me, and the gains have been pretty significant(granted I was working out of a pretty good hole I made myself the year before). I feel like I have finally found the balance I need in my account, trading 70% options wasn't the way to go for me with my schedule.

For days that I'll be away I make sure to set loose stops or bracket sell orders. If I'm going to be away for 3 days or more I will skip new setups leading up to that and set alerts. I have found I can easily buy or sell to close while on vacation without disruption as long as I'm in the states. I can't work trades or watch things develop though. If I'm going to be in an area with limited or no cell service I'll make sure to pair everything down and set stops.
YNWA_AG
AG
I just noticed the 14k volume on the Wwr 10 2/19 calls today
Thundergon
Shiners, right?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Miller lite. That's why I need to drink 5 to feel a buzz.
irish pete ag06
AG
So I switched my account in Fidelity to margin and nowhere doesn't show the cost basis for 2 of my holdings.

When I go down and read by the #2 note at the bottom it says it's not available and will show up the next day... but it's been a coupe days and still doesn't show. It's doing this for more than just this ticker.

Anyone know why it does this?
austinAG90
AG
This is a great idea and with some of my gains being pretty huge I'm going to just send in a check every qtr I do well.

Doesn't matter if its precise - just send them something and won't any issues with underpayments etc.

HTH
MaroonDynasty
Magnite MGNI to acquire SpotX.

A lot more details in the SpotX link including some preliminary q4 numbers for Magnite.

HouAg12
AG
HouAg12 said:

ASO has been a killer stock for me since IPO, I know others on the board have held as well.

TD is telling me short interest is 43% of float....seems super high? Worth trimming some winnings?

Bump as this got lost in the appl noise a few days ago
FJ43
Morning gents.

Never hurts to wake to a green futures and AAPL at $137.70

May our stocks go moon shot today and we glide into a great weekend with a dollar more than we started.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

gig em 02
MGNI up 8%, and I'm the dummy that sold to go net free!
FJ43
HouAg12 said:

HouAg12 said:

ASO has been a killer stock for me since IPO, I know others on the board have held as well.

TD is telling me short interest is 43% of float....seems super high? Worth trimming some winnings?

Bump as this got lost in the appl noise a few days ago
Morning.

Just my 2 cents and others may see something I don't. I don't see anything from a technical basis I would be concerned with. $22 or so looks like a good base of support.
- Recent volume is solid and the trend is above all the EMAs.
- While there was a large red volume candle showing it tested the 21 day but bounced nicely.
- A little extended and pushed outside the Bollinger bands and came back in but still trending good.
- Just about reclaimed the +1 on the ATR and is above the mean.

For me I would be working the options chains selling covered calls maybe trading some shares here and there and the normal process towards a net free position.

Arrow shows where it extended a bit yesterday and came back in. I added a line I might set an alert for to check in on it as of today.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Ornithopter
AG
gig em 02 said:

MGNI up 8%, and I'm the dummy that sold to go net free!

Don't ever regret making money
Rice and Fries
Going to look at $50 magnet calls about a month out for MGNI. She's gonna want to run to $50
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Also I'll add that you could take some profit if you wanted. It looks like you're double the original price. You could sell half to go net free if you are not experienced using options.
FJ43

REI

I have been watching this and should have acted a few days ago. Didn't but I am going to start a small position now with the trend although riding the top. Don't generally play much energy stocks. Does have an options chain and I am buying shares and will look to work the chain as well.

txaggie_08
AG
CLOV back to $13
FJ43
AAPL touching $138.. LETS GOOOOO !!!!!

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

So I switched my account in Fidelity to margin and nowhere doesn't show the cost basis for 2 of my holdings.

When I go down and read by the #2 note at the bottom it says it's not available and will show up the next day... but it's been a coupe days and still doesn't show. It's doing this for more than just this ticker.

Anyone know why it does this?

These are assigned puts, right? Mine usually update with cost basis by Tuesday, not sure why yours are taking so long
txaggie_08
AG
CLOV released their response.

https://medium.com/clover-off-the-charts/in-response-to-short-seller-firms-questions-47798b0b76da

Quote:

As you will see from our detailed, point-by-point response to the short seller firm's questions, the alleged "report" is rife with ad-hominem attacks, sweeping inaccuracies and gross mischaracterizations. Importantly, the short seller firm did not contact Clover, and we had no knowledge of the short seller report prior to it being made publicly available. In our view, it belies a desperate attempt for publicity while sacrificing any regard for the truth.

In addition, we would note that the report's title specifically calls out the involvement of "The King of SPACs," Chamath Palihapitiya, and accuses him of a dearth of diligence. This, as we will show, is completely untrue, and we suspect this was done in order to sensationalize what is otherwise a rather underwhelming piece of research. Given the market's latest views on short sellers, we believe that Hindenburg, which takes pains to call out their altruism in saying that they are not short on CLOV stock, is foolheartedly seeking to redeem itself by posturing as a white knight of the financial markets.
jj9000
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

oldarmy1 said:

AAPL hasn't done anything yet. Feb 19th should be fine to get the move to where the original options targets were.

WWR - I am laughing at you guys scrambling on covered calls.

To be fair I put half my retirement on WWR at $5 a share lol. I figured if 25% of my portfolio made 50% plus the premium in 1 month then I was doing pretty well. I was hoping it would stay in accumulation mode till second Q then pop

Look...it's early in the morning...and this is really none of my business. But, man...I hope you're kidding about 50% of retirement in one stock. If serious...I strongly suggest diversifying. It may be working now with WWR...but I promise you that strategy will bite you in the ***. Just trying to help.
tsuag10
AG
Question on strategy for selling covered calls:

Is it best to try and sell calls when the share price is nearing the top of a price channel? Or does it really matter if you're planning to keep rolling them up and out on a regular basis?

Edit: I'm not referring to a meme stock or speculative play. Think long term hold stock like AAPL
Method Man
NLS down aftermarket
FJ43
tsuag10 said:

Is it best to try and sell calls when the share price is nearing the top of a price channel? Or does it really matter if you're planning to keep rolling them up and out on a regular basis?
Sell covered calls into strength. Premiums rise into strength and decline into the bottom.

Madmarttigan
AG
Mgni
Formerly tv1113
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
FJ43 said:

tsuag10 said:

Sell covered calls into strength. Premiums rise into strength and decline into the bottom.

This. Next time you're watching a stock that's on a run, watch the options chain and see how the premiums get crushed the second it encounters resistance (which greek is that? )
tsuag10
AG
Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.
sts7049
AG
question about my transfer from RH to TDA

this morning i finally see that my transferred assets are starting to show up in TDA. all of the options i was holding in RH now appear...however none of my shares are showing up yet. when i logged into TDA, it's warning me that my account is in a margin call. surely i don't have to address this because it's only because of the transfer happening, yesterday with my holdings it was no issue at all.

thoughts??
First Page Last Page
Page 3108 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.