Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,075,914 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
texAZtea
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's your target price for IBIO?
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

is it 180 days for ONTX? to avoid delisting. That would coincide with February 21st if the last day over $1 is what counts (August 21st).

If the above is right, this after hours dip is a gift. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Last I read their date was in April but could request an extension.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Beerosch
AG
I sold a few Feb 19 $12.5 puts on CLOV. Could I be assigned those shares now or does it have to be under $12.5 on Feb 19? When is it most likely I'll be assigned shares if I do get them assigned?
kyledr04
AG
NRD09 said:

You guys that had red days... what were the main contributors? Just clov? Fomo into sava?

Fantastic day for me, all accounts up ~2 1\4, a lot of that due to crwd and goco. Bought back some $5 wwr puts to free up cash and loaded up on clov right at close for 12.1999. Chamath is my homeboy, f hindenburg

I barely ended up green. CLOV held me down but the AAPL moved up enough to make up for it. Was pretty rough this morning.
Touchless
AG
FJ43 said:

BREwmaster said:

is it 180 days for ONTX? to avoid delisting. That would coincide with February 21st if the last day over $1 is what counts (August 21st).

If the above is right, this after hours dip is a gift. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Last I read their date was in April but could request an extension.
There was an email today for a vote for a reverse split. They could always pull it off the table even if it's approved. I believe that's what they did last time and got there organically, but I assume it will dip whenever they formally announce they're actually going to do the reverse split.
Brewmaster
AG
Thanks! I'll avoid fomo buying this then, ha.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Beerosch said:

I sold a few Feb 19 $12.5 puts on CLOV. Could I be assigned those shares now or does it have to be under $12.5 on Feb 19? When is it most likely I'll be assigned shares if I do get them assigned?

Usually people will sell the put or wait to see if it continues moving further in their direction by expiry date. Early assignments do happen, though not very often.
ag94whoop
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

No.

It dips, Clover addresses, and it shoots up. Both win.

I've heard of coordination like this before. May be nothing, but it crossed my mind.

Maybe a squeeze play?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Beerosch said:

The holder can choose to exercise at any time (and they don't even have to be itm), but it rarely happens before expiration.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Did Clover ever address the issue?
Mr President Elect
AG
NRD09 said:

You guys that had red days... what were the main contributors? Just clov? Fomo into sava?

Fantastic day for me, all accounts up ~2 1\4, a lot of that due to crwd and goco. Bought back some $5 wwr puts to free up cash and loaded up on clov right at close for 12.1999. Chamath is my homeboy, f hindenburg
Not FOMO into sava, but holding it from before the run-up so the dip today hurt pretty bad against today's gains, UWMC, CLOV, not to mention I have $10 May cc's against the MVIS run-up and $35 cc's against SKLZ (this stock never moves normal, its all rocketships or slow melt-downs).
FJ43
texAZtea said:

What's your target price for IBIO?
Really hard to tell when you look back 12 months. Weird chart to me. There is a 2 month period where it went to $7.85 at the peak and back down. Like Mt. Everest at a beach.

I have resistance levels being at about $2.59, bounced off today, then at $2.92. If it rejects the $3 range I may change my thoughts but I plan to work this with options and trading shares here and there to go net free on some shares and then just set some alerts and wait.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Beerosch
AG
Thanks guys
texAZtea
AG
I understood most of that!
FJ43
texAZtea said:

I understood most of that!
Bottom line for me is if I can't work this to some degree of net free position (where I have no cost in shares held) or it doesn't break out above $3, then I will sell for a profit and move on.

As an example of working it towards net free....when it rejected $2.59ish for the 2nd time I sold shares and reduced my net cost of remaining shares by $0.37 each. Now my 'actual' cost per share is around $1.80 and I haven't sold any covered calls against anything yet. Even with that cost basis it looks to me like that is still well above major support. Need to use some strategies to get to zero or at least below $1.20 then I will be happier.

It isn't one I see a history of holding high share prices.

Engine10
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

Did Clover ever address the issue?

Likely not coming until tom since they reportedly have to file w the SEC
Ragoo
AG
Don't understand the self off in PTON.
Ornithopter
AG
Ragoo said:

Everyone spent their money you Nautalis machines instead!
McInnis 03
AG
I was barely red today. Sava pull back hurt the p/l
Ragoo
AG
DubFalls said:

Ragoo said:

Everyone spent their money you Nautalis machines instead!
maybe, doubt it. PTON has cult status. Just try and buy their apparel.
FJ43

WWR

I know many of us are in this for the value it has ahead and of course being one of OA's favorite 2021 picks but not sure if anyone has ever posted of a chart of our little WWR.

Wanted to look back at it today to see what, why and when. Interesting where we are today and why rejecting levels the past week. Its healthy just find it funny every time when you look at the details.

Look back to October. Voooo Dooooo

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ah that makes more sense, y'all killed it on sava yesterday and just gave a little back today
FJ43
Hope I am not wearing y'all out with charts. Having fun and checking up on our 'kids' many have invested in.

MBIO

Not time to panic it hasn't went to the moon. Look at what was resistance and what is now appearing to be support. If it get lonely higher $4 is home. More importantly look at the volume profile.

Long for me.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
gougler08 said:

TTOO going nuts AH

Up 45% now WHAT!?
AgEng06
AG
FJ43 said:

Hope I am not wearing y'all out with charts. Having fun and checking up on our 'kids' many have invested in.
Absolutely not, these are great.
FJ43
AgEng06 said:

FJ43 said:

Absolutely not, these are great.
Whew good because I have fun not only looking and learning on them but also the platform itself. Figure practice makes perfect.

Cappo
AG
Thoughts on Ammunition stock?
flyingaggie12
AG
$POWW

zag213004
AG
FJ43 said:

WWR

I know many of us are in this for the value it has ahead and of course being one of OA's favorite 2021 picks but not sure if anyone has ever posted of a chart of our little WWR.

Wanted to look back at it today to see what, why and when. Interesting where we are today and why rejecting levels the past week. Its healthy just find it funny every time when you look at the details.

Look back to October. Voooo Dooooo

I'm in a situation where half of my covered calls are in Feb 7.5s and thus currently in the money. Not sure best course of action other than wait until it gets closer to expiration and time decay becomes bigger issue. It could very well pull back or even land on 7.5 on the dot like it did for 5 last month.

Thoughts?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
My thought is that I'm an idiot for not dumping in money on POWW a few days ago when it was under $5.50. idiot!
leoj
AG
Nice. Ian McMillan, who I follow on Twitter, loves calling out this stupid and has dubbed it the BRB. Breakout, retest, bounce. Can lead to a really huge move up after all that consolidation and then the shakeout of people who bought just on the initial breakout move.
Prophet00
AG
Curious what you guys would suggest on trying to maintain a net free strategy when starting with lower capital?

Since I'm just starting out, I'm playing with $2k until I learn more (mainly through trial and error). Using IBIO as an example, buying a position large enough to move into CCs for protection would take more than 50% of your cash. If I'm trying to maintain around 5-10% a position, is it more cost effective to just play options, rather than buy shares?

I'm getting way more comfortable with buying calls and puts, still wrapping my head around selling them, and get completely cross-eyed when you all talk through spreads and butterflies.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I have 20 of those sold $7.5 calls for WWR. You described my thoughts - I will wait for it to get closer to decide what I'll do. If there's a big pullback I'll use that to buy them back. If we are over $8.50 or so on expiry day I will likely roll them out and up. If we are close to the strike I may just let those shares get assigned.

It will depend on what my ROR looks like for the additional value of rolling up versus the capital at $7.50/share for the additional time.
Cappo
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

My thought is that I'm an idiot for not dumping in money on POWW a few days ago when it was under $5.50. idiot!
I have some - what are the expectations here?
FTAG 2000
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I've resisted getting into this because I figure King Biden will be along with an executive order on guns and ammo like he's doing with every other Dem wish list item.

Dumb reason to stay away?
First Page Last Page
Page 3105 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.