Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,032,742 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by Happygilmore20
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Challenger 17 said:

Came to post. Large volume the last few minutes. Calls are looking for a break to the upside out of the wedge.
Bobcat-Ag
Anyone know what is going on with GRVY lately? It was looking good for several months and has had a really bad month.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I sold WWR 12.5 CC on all my remaining shares, Feb expiration. I got $0.48, feels like free money.
Too funny I did the same thing probably about the same time. Just kept 25% back.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

gougler08
AG
Some news come out on oil? O&G majors on a run
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$KIQ - folks, see the higher lows and higher highs and see how this bad boy is stair steppin?

She gonna go.

McInnis 03
AG
ONTX with a nice little rip.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BrokeAssAggie
gougler08 said:

Not sure, but I am guessing we are back to $60 WTI by the end of the month.
gougler08
AG
CHEK has a lot of support around $1.50, good swing trade entry if you can get it

Also, check out that Model T
cptthunder
CrazyRichAggie said:

Challenger 17 said:

I think that should be called the "motorboat pattern".

I second this motion haha
ClutchCityAg
Stewie has a short term target of $10 for MVIS, thinking that would be a good spot to sell a covered call? Maybe 2/19 $19s for an easy .20 per share?
Let it ride
ClutchCityAg
ONTX on a bit of a run
Let it ride
McKinney Ag69
AG
NAKD rocket!
Ajollyag
Nakd running. RH lifted restrictions on it. Hope it goes back to 3
gougler08
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Stewie has a short term target of $10 for MVIS, thinking that would be a good spot to sell a covered call? Maybe 2/19 $19s for an easy .20 per share?
It's completing the cup on the daily now...should consolidate for a while now
Brock Sampson
AG
Ontx...

FJ43
The worst part of my dashboard is UVXY....but that's a good thing.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

leoj
AG
TecRecAg
AG
gougler08 said:

Not sure. Service companies like HAL and SLB having the same run as companies like XOM.
oldarmy1
AG
I tweeted exiting all ZI. It hit the target so everyone should be out that wanted out.
ClutchCityAg

Checking in on UXIN.. all of those MAs seem to be converging, is this a bullish indicator?
Let it ride
oldarmy1
AG
FTCH breaking out of a strong trend base. $70 a near certainty for Feb 19 calls.
McInnis 03
AG
D2F1D0 said:

A lot of AMZN call holders are going to learn a tough lesson tomorrow on IV and options premium, most likely.

1) I don't understand the implied volatility part. I thought volatility was good for options trading?

2) how does the options premium hurt different than say a call being actioned?

Suuuper noob here.
I gave you a hypothetical, let me now put some numbers to it

Yesterday, pre-ER, AMZN 3450C for 2/12 was trading $70-$90 yesterday, depending where you bought it.

Overnight the stock barely moved, but upon open that same exact call was about $40. Nothing barely changed overnight and you almost got a 50% haircut. This is why when you're at a binary event like earnings you have decisions to make. Rarely do you want to go in naked with no negative delta side coverage.

I didn't get the move I wanted, but I bought butterflies which is a buy / 2x sold / buy, so I have 2 longs and 2 shorts. With BOTH of these getting the same IV haircut, my overall value (the difference in the prices at the strikes) was minimally effected.

This is why advanced strategies like spreads, condors, iron condors, and butterflies are beneficial at a Binary event.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
QS has the makings of it's reversal. I'm in 3/19 60/70/80 butterflies. They were dirt cheap, like $.55 each

There has been pretty significant flow on it that I think cheddar folks could back up?

B&I Key:
KT 90
AG
Brock Sampson said:

Ontx...

Always nice to see one of your net free holdings have a reason to take off.
Bird Poo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I tweeted exiting all ZI. It hit the target so everyone should be out that wanted out.
This was a badass trade. TY to the moon dude.
Baby Billy
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FTCH breaking out of a strong trend base. $70 a near certainty for Feb 19 calls.
For new entry's? What about the $75's for $1.75?
Touchless
AG
Sold some Feb $10cc on MVIS. If it closes over $11 in a couple weeks, I won't be disappointed. I was late to get in this one so I was around the $7.3 range.
McKinney Ag69
AG
Giant BB volume spike

Hold on Astronauts!
irish pete ag06
AG

Is that a W on the 1 minute AAPL
cptthunder
McInnis 03 said:

QS has the makings of it's reversal. I'm in 3/19 60/70/80 butterflies. They were dirt cheap, like $.55 each

There has been pretty significant flow on it that I think cheddar folks could back up?
been trying to do more research and test these options and i could be debited the $.55 corrrect?
FTAG 2000
AG
FJ43 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

I sold WWR 12.5 CC on all my remaining shares, Feb expiration. I got $0.48, feels like free money.
Too funny I did the same thing probably about the same time. Just kept 25% back.
Sell to open or close if you're wanting to do covered calls?

Thanks in advance.
BreNayPop
AG
Lets ride, AAPL! Heeyah mule!
irish pete ag06
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Checking in on UXIN.. all of those MAs seem to be converging, is this a bullish indicator?
What program is this? IBKR?
McInnis 03
AG
cptthunder said:

McInnis 03 said:

been trying to do more research and test these options and i could be debited the $.55 corrrect?
on an evenly spaced butterfly that you go long on, yes, you pay to purchase the fly (in this case $.55 x 100) and you would own a 60c and an 80C (both otm on this). You would sell two 70c's and be short those two.

You paid $.55 to enter this transaction and your best hope is for the stock to be at $70 on expiry day, you'd make $10. BUT, if you're inside the wings (> $60 or <$80) you stand to profit, and sometimes very handsomely.

You're protected from assignment in that if for some reason the stock runs to 75 or even 90, and the 70c's you're short get called out......you would exercise your 60c and 80c to cancel it out. (70x2 = 140, 60+80=140)

I have not yet been exercised on my short calls on a fly and I never hold to expiry. I close it prior to expiration. My goal with these is 3x-5x gains or better.

B&I Key:
austinAG90
AG
open
First Page Last Page
Page 3071 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.