Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,035,267 Views | 231635 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by ProgN
Thundergon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Your Twitter handle has 903 in it. Longview? Tyler? Maybe Hooks?

Yup small town outside of Longview.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Ah, cool. I grew up and went to HS in Longview.
ag94whoop
AG
TexasAg2017 said:

FJ43 said:

SNDL - Trending #1 still after hours on Captain Solution that tracks social media and media chatter. That is pretty remarkable considering all the stocks out there.

Feel free to go to $5 tomorrow little SNDL.
I don't even know what I would do if it shot to $5 tomorrow. Would definitely be the first huge win for me.

I would be crushed because it was one of those stocks I just tested the waters a little. Didn't get in until late and didn't buy but like 5% of my typical investment.

Same thing happened with AMC. 3x investment but the investment was maybe 1/30 my typical investment amount.

Oh well. A winner is a winner if it happens.
FbgTxAg
AG
frankm01 said:

kyledr04 said:

FbgTxAg said:

BREwmaster said:

K-Bob said:

Novice Here:

SNDL

I sold Feb 5 1.5Cs last week when the prices went crazy. Let's say the Price of SNDL goes to $1.75 tomorrow, will I get called out of my shares once they are in the money or do I carry the calls until expiration?

You can also roll up a strike or 2 and out further if you want to hold onto the shares.

How do ya go about doing that? (TDA). My weekly FUBO calls were in the money by midday and already 2.50 over strike. They're still there, and I made great money on the deal, but FUBO might go to frickin 60 this week.

There should be a button to "roll the option" but that will likely just just buy your options back then sell another 1.5 call in the future. But that not all that useful. You would need a new option at a higher strike. I think that's called a diagonal.

TDA wouldn't let me do it in one operation so I just bought the option back and sold a 2/19 $5 call later. It cost a little but after the price went up more, I made it back on the stock itself.
If you're using the TDA app on a phone, you can tap the current option you already own under the "Positions" tab, then tap "Close Position".

It will bring up the the order form and show what you'd have to pay to close the position (if you are ITM). You can then tap "Add Options Leg" and "Sell to Open". You'll then see the Options chain. Pick your new choice of option and the total either you collect (+) or will have to pay (-) will be shown.

Hope this helps.

Yes - kinda.

So the folks who bought the option don't get the stock if they want it at strike by expiry?
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
frankm01
Not if you buy it back first.
Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

ClutchCityAg said:

close below 3775 was meaningful folks.
What makes it meaningful?

I have been following the Mancini guy (twitter account with great levels on S&P) who was saying today that holding 3720 and then chop between 3720 and 3770 area would be good signs for further move up in coming days.

Thanks for your added input, always looking for more good analysis

Close below 21 EMA

circling back - the /ES has shot right past the 3775 after seeing it as resistance a second time. Update?

Unless something happens overnight I would guess a move to the 1ATR; 3835 or so. With volume could see the 2ATR 3885 before a pull back.
CPDAggie10
AG
I like the tradition of this thread. But the discord does have it's potential upsides. That being said, I would hate to see this thread die.
JavAdream47
A few are following Cathie Wood (ARK). Good interview with her on We Study Billionaires Podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/we-study-billionaires-the-investors-podcast-network/id928933489?i=1000507145680
FbgTxAg
AG
frankm01 said:

Not if you buy it back first.

Interesting. Seems like they would've pulled the trigger when it was 2.50 above strike today if they wanted them. I'll check it out. Thanks for the info!
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
irish pete ag06
AG

Longview checking in here.
Ranger222
AG
I personally like the discord idea....I just joined and plan to be in there throughout the day. It's just easier to keep up with for me than this thread. I'm glad this thread has exploded and helped more people, but it has made reading it throughout the day just unmanageable for me, I maybe look at a couple pages at night when I'm home, but no way I can go back and look through everything.

I realize some will prefer one option over the other, but in a perfect world, I'd like to see some of the intraday trading call outs / price moves moved to the discord, and more fundamental and teaching type posts remain in this thread. That would be my suggestion.
Glitch
AG
I saw OA posting in discord today. He was giving real time analysis, and answering questions. It was really helpful. You can even make a channel and only allow the veterans to post.

Thanks OA!
kyledr04
AG
ag94whoop said:

TexasAg2017 said:

FJ43 said:

SNDL - Trending #1 still after hours on Captain Solution that tracks social media and media chatter. That is pretty remarkable considering all the stocks out there.

I don't even know what I would do if it shot to $5 tomorrow. Would definitely be the first huge win for me.

I would be crushed because it was one of those stocks I just tested the waters a little. Didn't get in until late and didn't buy but like 5% of my typical investment.

Same thing happened with AMC. 3x investment but the investment was maybe 1/30 my typical investment amount.

I don't know if I'd be happier about the gain I have or sadder about how much more I missed from selling some already.
ag94whoop
AG
kyledr04 said:

ag94whoop said:

TexasAg2017 said:

FJ43 said:

I don't know if I'd be happier about the gain I have or sadder about how much more I missed from selling some already.

First rule: be happy with whatever profit you make
Second rule: repeat first rule
Third rule: figure out how to make more
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
quite the move. Asia is having a strong move today. I'm surprised to see such a big futures move already. I guess we'll see what tomorrow morning brings. 5 straight green candles on the 30 min. We could touch 3800 or higher overnight. I'll have a better idea around midnight.

Baby Billy
AG
We tried this with Slack over the summer and it fizzled out quickly. I think it's hard for people to manage this thread, Twitter, plus a 3rd party chat. On top of any actual real life responsibilities
gougler08
AG

quite the move. Asia is having a strong move today. I'm surprised to see such a big futures move already. I guess we'll see what tomorrow morning brings. 5 straight green candles on the 30 min. We could touch 3800 or higher overnight. I'll have a better idea around midnight.

I'll be asleep at midnight
txaggie_08
AG
ehrmantraut said:

We tried this with Slack over the summer and it fizzled out quickly. I think it's hard for people to manage this thread, Twitter, plus a 3rd party chat. On top of any actual real life responsibilities

I don't have Twitter, so this is my only way to get information.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
since everyone seems to like one minute charts, now - some trouble at 3790. Pretty good futures volume.

TexasAg2017
AG
ag94whoop said:

kyledr04 said:

ag94whoop said:

TexasAg2017 said:

FJ43 said:

First rule: be happy with whatever profit you make
Second rule: repeat first rule
Third rule: figure out how to make more

This x1000

I have closed trades that kept running because I didn't understand what was going on below the surface. I just saw a bit of green and ran. This thread has helped me stop doing that.
oldarmy1
AG
I'll post trades entered here. I checked out discord and won't be able to make that a daily event. It does have advantages in giving a play by play as SPY hit Model T's on early waves up and then a macro Model T that once completed becomes the decision point on daily trend. It was spot on and people on there could watch it happen in real time.
Guitarsoup
AG

I agree. We should consider a separate thread for newbie questions.
That's hard to enforce.

I'll likely post in both places, but will follow Discord more closely. I really like the ability to segregate topics there.
ProgN

I think we need a vote from some of the big contributors (apologies if I missed anyone):

• OA
  • McFly
  • Prog
  • Ranger
  • Foggy
  • FJ
  • Thunder
  • Brew

I like the idea of Ags helping Ags. I'm personally open to either. I just don't want to miss good ideas and I don't want the community to split. Specific to TA, I think we should consider asking for staff to make certain posts more visible.
Thank you for including me on that list, I'm humbled. Although, you're missing on that list as well sir!

I'm not leaving this thread and I doubt anyone listed is either, especially OA, this is his creation and it's growing.

This next part is not for you 30K:

Over the last few weeks I've read posts that "lurkers" come out from the shadows and post. If you're a lurker, please don't be timid. Everyone on this thread wants everyone to succeed, create wealth and prosper. The amount of market knowledge shared freely is invaluable. However, people here can't help if you don't ask. Just read OA's OP on pg 1 so you don't ask what a "model T" is or you will get justifiably teased. The visitors to this thread has grown exponentially and that's a good thing because this craft is a life changing vehicle for everyone here and we're all on the same team.

This is the best forum that I've ever had the pleasure to participate in. Honestly, I no longer go to F16 and only come here and check in on recruiting. We have liberals, many of whom I've sparred with on F16, and conservatives but here we really are on the same side in here, like on game day. With that said, don't feel intimidated to ask questions. No one is born a stock market wizard and we all started this journey from the same spot.

Apologies for the diatribe, but I thought this needed to be said.

Gig'em
Prog
irish pete ag06
YouBet
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Longview checking in here.

We are the best people.

I've never heard of Hooks. Is that some degenerate suburb of Gilmer?
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Tried to think of a random NETX town.

Home to Billy Sims.

I still make it up to the 'View a few times a year to see my parents.
wangus12
AG
I'll be honest and say I'd love a newbie/beginner thread. I somehow managed to get 2 degrees from A&M and never take a single business or econ class so I know jack squat about how to use the market. I have some mutual funds and an IRA with Edward Jones that I set up before or while in college and that's it. I can legitimately say that today was the first day I've ever purchased individual shares.

I downloaded the Webull app and put a couple hundred bucks with a goal of learning by doing. I've been reading the thread, but even the lingo is hard to follow sometimes . Spending a lot of time looking up what you guys are saying and learning.

Glad to see the Aggie network helping others Ags. You guys are awesome
Brewmaster
AG
Glitch said:

I saw OA posting in discord today. He was giving real time analysis, and answering questions. It was really helpful. You can even make a channel and only allow the veterans to post.

Thanks OA!
okay you have my attention now, lol. You said "OA posting in discord"?

I may have to join you all now...

Spaceship
AG
I love this thread both for sentimental and practical reasons. I think it works well for what it is and it's easy to keep scrolling if a topic isn't relevant for me. We tried Slack last year and it didn't take, and I feel like Discord might be the same. For me personally, adding another app to keep up with during the day is burdensome and all the info consolidated here is more organized. Just my two cents - thanks to all in here who contribute!
YouBet
AG

Tried to think of a random NETX town.

Home to Billy Sims.

I still make it up to the 'View a few times a year to see my parents.

Gotcha. I'm actually kind of pushing my parents to move back. They are in middle of nowhere and getting too old for that now.

To make this thread relevant, I like stocks.
Touchless
AG
One thing on discord, it's hard to know who is who there. On here, I've built up a certain level of trust from some of our primary posters and will weight their opinion more heavily than others. On discord, I don't really have that reference point.

I like being able to paste pictures easier and the search function does also seems better.

For both, there is a lot of general chatter which has really picked up over the last month or so. I don't know that I like the "chat room" feel as much as I feel like that encourages more general talking vs the subject at hand. I know when this thread has veered off topic in the past, it was generally policed pretty well to stay on topic and not get too derailed. No one got mad about that though as it was a community policing kind of thing where everyone kept everyone in check.

Also, if anyone was offended that I said I put more weight on some peoples insight than others, if it makes you feel better, I'd put less weight on my own insight over theirs as well.
BrokeAssAggie
I step away for 2 hours to take my smoking hot wife out and come back to 60 posts to catch up on..
BrokeAssAggie
Could some post the discord link again?
oldarmy1
AG
I saw ZI too late to enter but it looks like its running. Quick scan shows the $55 strike Feb 19's getting major volume around the $2.10-$2.25 levels.
Brewmaster
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Touchless said:

Guitarsoup said:

https://discord.gg/uYKkTe3E

Discord for anyone that didn't see it this weekend.
Man

found it! for any of you other OG's. I feel funny saying that even, we've just had a lot of new guys on this post in the last 12 months.
First Page Last Page
Page 3042 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.