Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,032,571 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by Happygilmore20
Ukraine Gas Expert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Discord is good for specific questions, but this thread is still the go to
Mostly Foggy Recollection
I'm good with whatever the vote is... I've never used Discord, but I just joined as Foggy in case the vote is in favor of Discord.
tlepoC
AG
Could take some of the more conversational/minor discussions to discord and ensure that in depth analysis and high value commentary get out in this thread. This would also help with the people having a hard time keeping up with the pace of recent discussions here- less junk to filter through.
mazag08
AG
Discord is cool because you can pin messages. So a bunch of the beginner Q and A type stuff can be pinned to the education channel on the discord and people can be advised to go there and check it out, leaving the thread for more of the day to day trade talk.
Jet Black
Prefer the thread
Brewmaster
AG
Yeah without OA its a hard sell for me. It would be nice to keep this thread less busy, but then how do you get new posters to learn. We almost need a couple of threads, one as a sticky with model T as exhibit A!
Heck give OA his own forum!
FbgTxAg
AG
This AH been as good to anyone else as me? Up another half a percent. Dunno what's moving besides XL, but I approve!
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
K-Bob
AG
Novice Here:

SNDL

I sold Feb 5 1.5Cs last week when the prices went crazy. Let's say the Price of SNDL goes to $1.75 tomorrow, will I get called out of my shares once they are in the money or do I carry the calls until expiration?
JRizzle
AG
DKNG up over 6% AH? What is the news on this???

Colt98
AG
I do know talking with the Texags guys that there are plans in the works to be about to have certain posters post be more prevalent. Maybe similar to how they do it on the premium with the staff. This would help. The Discord was very distracting today for an older guy. I like the idea of Aggies helping Aggies. We will loose that on the other platform. My .02.
Colt98
AG
You could be called out, most of the time it would be friday.
irish pete ag06
AG

My first attempt at discussing the technicals. SOS... looks like a potential goalpost here with not much resistance until 4.10?

Someone with better eyes care to take a look?
Brewmaster
AG
Yeah without OA its a hard sell for me. It would be nice to keep this thread less busy, but then how do you get new posters to learn. We almost need a couple of threads, one as a sticky with model T as exhibit A!
Heck give OA his own forum!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I agree. We should consider a separate thread for newbie questions.
Brewmaster
AG
K-Bob said:

Novice Here:

SNDL

I sold Feb 5 1.5Cs last week when the prices went crazy. Let's say the Price of SNDL goes to $1.75 tomorrow, will I get called out of my shares once they are in the money or do I carry the calls until expiration?

You can also roll up a strike or 2 and out further if you want to hold onto the shares.
Brewmaster
AG
Arggg, double post
FJ43
K-Bob said:

Novice Here:

SNDL

The buyer of the calls can exercise at anytime and will do that when/if it is strategically in their favor. That's if they are not just options trading. If they are ITM including the premium you most likely will lose the shares.

If the shares rocket up to a high level I would exercise them and sell the shares if the value vs the options was greater at the high.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FbgTxAg
AG
BREwmaster said:

K-Bob said:

Novice Here:

SNDL

You can also roll up a strike or 2 and out further if you want to hold onto the shares.

How do ya go about doing that? (TDA). My weekly FUBO calls were in the money by midday and already 2.50 over strike. They're still there, and I made great money on the deal, but FUBO might go to frickin 60 this week.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
cjo03
AG
Alright kids... mom and dad have spoken. It is time for us to talk less and listen more or the grownups are going to take our dessert away.

I vote for this thread to stay primary.
FJ43
The Thread vs. Discord

Just my 2 cents. I am new to Discord but love the functionality. However, this thread is one of a kind on TexAgs. I would hate to see this thread lose the camaraderie, sharing, knowledge (potential vacuum), etc. that has benefitted so many. Including myself.

Brew, 30k and others have made a few great suggestions

- Separate thread for new people wanting basic questions answered or need help.(I am sure many would check it often to help). Similar to the TOS or IBKR help threads.
- OA highlight
- Possible emoji/gif,/image you load to your profile helping people recognize who posts visually.

If we end up with two then I will find a way to check both as much as possible. Either way someone just tell me where to go and I'm there.

PS - Does TexAgs have an app and if they do have I been living under a rock?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

GasAg90
$30,000 Millionaire said:

As a relative newbie I agree with this. There are times when I want to post my analysis of stocks with then intent of getting feedback from the experts but am hesitant to post because I feel it would clog the threads up, making it harder to keep up.

I have found that the many posts with the questions and the multiple responses are great and has been extremely important in building my learning curve, which has gone exponential with OA1's seminar. Recently, however, it has become harder and harder to keep up during the day. When you consider the relative increase in macro market uncertainty and only having the ability to check in at random times due to work, for me I think it would be beneficial to have a separate thread for questions.

FJ43
GasAg90 said:

As a relative newbie I agree with this. There are times when I want to post my analysis of stocks with then intent of getting feedback from the experts but am hesitant to post because I feel it would clog the threads up, making it harder to keep up.

I have found that the many posts with the questions and the multiple responses are great and has been extremely important in building my learning curve, which has gone exponential with OA1's seminar. Recently, however, it has become harder and harder to keep up during the day. When you consider the relative increase in macro market uncertainty and only having the ability to check in at random times due to work, for me I think it would be beneficial to have a separate thread for questions.

Honestly I feel bad when I come across a question someone has asked but no responses. It gets going so fast that its very easy to read past or totally miss someone needing help.

Seems like this thread has gone parabolic the last few weeks alone. Or....maybe its just my age I don't know.

kyledr04
AG
FbgTxAg said:

BREwmaster said:

K-Bob said:

Novice Here:

SNDL

How do ya go about doing that? (TDA). My weekly FUBO calls were in the money by midday and already 2.50 over strike. They're still there, and I made great money on the deal, but FUBO might go to frickin 60 this week.

There should be a button to "roll the option" but that will likely just just buy your options back then sell another 1.5 call in the future. But that not all that useful. You would need a new option at a higher strike. I think that's called a diagonal.

TDA wouldn't let me do it in one operation so I just bought the option back and sold a 2/19 $5 call later. It cost a little but after the price went up more, I made it back on the stock itself.
Ags4DaWin
I agree with many posters here.

I joined the discord thread because OA started posting there. I am hesitant to post in the thread and clog it up.

I would enjoy a newbie thread where we can go with newbie questions but I have also found the tips I have read here have increased my learning curve heavily.

keeping track of that and discord was abit difficult, and at the same time I immensely enjoy the idea of aggies helping other aggies and would hate for this to get diluted.
FJ43
SNDL - Trending #1 still after hours on Captain Solution that tracks social media and media chatter. That is pretty remarkable considering all the stocks out there.

Feel free to go to $5 tomorrow little SNDL.

gig em 02

Serious question - how are we planning to use the Discord channel and this thread? I can't be the only one that can't manage both.

Edit: to state my preference, Discord.
I think it will take some time to get it set up right but Discord has so much more potential.

1.Notifications about posts from content I care about
2. Different channels so that chatter can be on the "general", OA could have his own channel, Model T and Mass Accumulation explanation could have their own separate channels, etc. and you can pick which ones you want notifications from
3. Bots to direct noobs to the appropriate channel
4. Bots that automatically post OA's tweets to the OA channel
5. Way more private (considering what they felt needed to be done on the politics board they must be getting hit hard with cancel warriors)
6. Block users you dont care about for free
7. Easily search tickers

Could a bot post OA's posts into the discord?
gig em 02
FJ43 said:

GasAg90 said:

Honestly I feel bad when I come across a question someone has asked but no responses. It gets going so fast that its very easy to read past or totally miss someone needing help.

Seems like this thread has gone parabolic the last few weeks alone. Or....maybe its just my age I don't know.
It has, and when more people are interested in the markets that means its time to hedge.
Thundergon
meh, it's yep.
GasAg90
It has gone parabolic. The reason is that because of the great Aggie tradition of Ags helping Ags.
FJ43
gig em 02 said:

Serious question - how are we planning to use the Discord channel and this thread? I can't be the only one that can't manage both.

I think it will take some time to get it set up right but Discord has so much more potential.

2. Different channels so that chatter can be on the "general", OA could have his own channel, Model T and Mass Accumulation explanation could have their own separate channels, etc. and you can pick which ones you want notifications from
5. Way more private (considering what they felt needed to be done on the politics board they must be getting hit hard with cancel warriors)
7. Easily search tickers

The ability to get push notifications on content/posts that are relevant to me, the way that it can be customized so you can have chatter in the general group and a separate
No doubt the functionality is better. I think we use TexAgs uniquely when combined with a single threads volume.

gig em 02
FJ43 said:

gig em 02 said:

7. Easily search tickers

The ability to get push notifications on content/posts that are relevant to me, the way that it can be customized so you can have chatter in the general group and a separate
No doubt the functionality is better. I think we use TexAgs uniquely when combined with a single threads volume.
Agree, and I dont think creating a new thread for new people will change anything, the first post on this thread is HERE IS A BOOK TO READ, HERE IS THE MODEL T, and people still ask for books and what the Model T is
frankm01
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Your Twitter handle has 903 in it. Longview? Tyler? Maybe Hooks?
frankm01
kyledr04 said:

FbgTxAg said:

BREwmaster said:

K-Bob said:

Novice Here:

SNDL

There should be a button to "roll the option" but that will likely just just buy your options back then sell another 1.5 call in the future. But that not all that useful. You would need a new option at a higher strike. I think that's called a diagonal.

TDA wouldn't let me do it in one operation so I just bought the option back and sold a 2/19 $5 call later. It cost a little but after the price went up more, I made it back on the stock itself.
If you're using the TDA app on a phone, you can tap the current option you already own under the "Positions" tab, then tap "Close Position".

It will bring up the the order form and show what you'd have to pay to close the position (if you are ITM). You can then tap "Add Options Leg" and "Sell to Open". You'll then see the Options chain. Pick your new choice of option and the total either you collect (+) or will have to pay (-) will be shown.

Hope this helps.
TexasAg2017
AG
FJ43 said:

SNDL - Trending #1 still after hours on Captain Solution that tracks social media and media chatter. That is pretty remarkable considering all the stocks out there.

Feel free to go to $5 tomorrow little SNDL.
I don't even know what I would do if it shot to $5 tomorrow. Would definitely be the first huge win for me.
First Page Last Page
Page 3041 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.