Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,052,879 Views | 231676 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol. Sorry. I really have meant to focus on it more this past year. Apple is forcing me to do a wholesale rewrite to get it compatible with Metal. It's ultimately going to require me to redo it in C++, which isn't horrible because now I can actually make android and iOS compatible with multiplayer. It's just a **** ton of work and I'm too old to learn new languages.
Post removed:
by user
zag213004
AG
FJ43 said:

Drillbit4 said:

Ok now that trading is paused for the week, what seems like the Best Buy's?
CLOV
WWR
MBIO
MVIS
CIDM
BFT
???

I have positions in all these. CLOV is the one I'm targeting most aggressively near term to try and gain as many shares before any potential chance to accumulate at a low end is passed.

WWR I'm done adding for the most part other than working the calls and puts aspect.

MBIO same as WWR for me.

MVIS I've got a position but not as large as the others. Will use trading shares into highs and use calls but probably won't add as many shares with additional capital.

CIDM to me is an interesting once. It is one you can keep trading with minimal additional capital. I'm sitting on a lot of net free already and do plan to add in the $1.20s each time I see a support bounce. I think this could be one that goes one day.

BFT just started a share position. Bought first buys, added today, puts, etc. will work this one somewhat.

UWMC started initial position and been adding. Using calls and and sold puts.

I've also been working XL as an 'EV' type play. If the new administration pushes the US fleet this way I believe retrofit will be a part of it. XL will benefit.

SNDL - new admin we will have for 4 years. This company should benefit. Not to mention it had volume and charts that look attractive. I've built a good net free position, will trade into more share and also using calls on it.

Other share positions are mostly trades and some I took profits this week exiting to move more into cash.

I've been looking thru the forum. Is there a target for MVIS?
Swollen Thumb
AG
FJ43 said:

Drillbit4 said:

CLOV
WWR
MBIO
MVIS
CIDM
BFT
???

I have positions in all these. CLOV is the one I'm targeting most aggressively near term to try and gain as many shares before any potential chance to accumulate at a low end is passed.

WWR I'm done adding for the most part other than working the calls and puts aspect.

MBIO same as WWR for me.

MVIS I've got a position but not as large as the others. Will use trading shares into highs and use calls but probably won't add as many shares with additional capital.

CIDM to me is an interesting once. It is one you can keep trading with minimal additional capital. I'm sitting on a lot of net free already and do plan to add in the $1.20s each time I see a support bounce. I think this could be one that goes one day.

BFT just started a share position. Bought first buys, added today, puts, etc. will work this one somewhat.

I've also been working XL as an 'EV' type play. If the new administration pushes the US fleet this way I believe retrofit will be a part of it. XL will benefit.

SNDL - new admin we will have for 4 years. This company should benefit. Not to mention it had volume and charts that look attractive. I've built a good net free position, will trade into more share and also using calls on it.

Other share positions are mostly trades and some I took profits this week exiting to move more into cash.

Great stuff. In all these as well so interesting to get your thoughts.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If you have shares you could sell some or all at the high premarket level rather than waiting for the market to open and the stock price possibly come down.

If you have calls and the stock price jumps above your strike price you can't sell your calls premarket but you could short the stock with the shares to cover some or all of your call options. That way you are locking in that price since you shorted at that price. So if the stock goes down or up before the open you can still exercise your calls or sell them and close your shorts and you've locked in that difference from your strike price of your calls to the price you shorted at premarket.
Ragoo
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Me too. That and moon. I curse Jay alot when I play 42, lol.
haha. He's an average partner for sure.
Ragoo
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Lol. Sorry. I really have meant to focus on it more this past year. Apple is forcing me to do a wholesale rewrite to get it compatible with Metal. It's ultimately going to require me to redo it in C++, which isn't horrible because now I can actually make android and iOS compatible with multiplayer. It's just a **** ton of work and I'm too old to learn new languages.
I love the app. Don't get me wrong. I usually play 3 games a couple nights a week.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Now that you two are talking about it, I'm gonna play tonight and let the wife watch some crap tv and have some wine before I make my move.

Zorro costume, hockey stick, 3 live chickens.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If you had 4 contracts at a $110 strike and the stock goes to $114 instead of having to wait for the market to open you could short 400 shares at $114 and then lock in that $4/share instead of just hoping it stays up there when the market opens.
McInnis 03
AG

FJ43
zwhag2010 said:

FJ43 said:

Drillbit4 said:

CLOV
WWR
MBIO
MVIS
CIDM
BFT
???

MBIO same as WWR for me.

I don't have my notes in front of me but this is a net free approach play that OA felt has a lot of upside. He had a call with their CFO (if memory serves me correctly) and knew their profitability before the call and details before that call. Of course internally they were vague but OA felt good about the direction and opportunity. More exposure into LIDAR tech and use in the soon to be hyper EV markets. Objective wasn't a trade but to buy shares, sell covered calls and work the process to a net free position. Let net free shares ride from there.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Mr President Elect
AG
That play was actually discussed on here regarding EXPR last weekend. The problem with the play I had though was that it had jumped to $2.60 and was holding a ton of $2 calls that I paid $0.45-$0.50 for. So it seemed like it would have really limited any upside and basically locked in a 20% ROI (minus fees). So I didn't really look much into it.

Is shorting shares while holding calls something that most accounts will allow for?
FbgTxAg
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

If you had 4 contracts at a $110 strike and the stock goes to $114 instead of having to wait for the market to open you could short 400 shares at $114 and then lock in that $4/share instead of just hoping it stays up there when the market opens.

Not at all the same but - I've got (5) 2/5 138 AAPL calls. But if it's (let's say 140) on Thursday and I don't quite have the 70K to exercise them all, I would just sell some of my existing AAPL stock @ 140 to buy it @ 138? Or do you wait and see what it does on Friday? Could go up, but could go down and make all 5 calls expire useless.

I'm just not clear what the strategy might be.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Brewmaster
AG

MARA and the other bitcoin stocks should rocket next week.

loaded SNDL this week, I think we see $2 in the not so distant future. In the meantime, will sell inflated cc's (man the what premium on this one).
FJ43
98percenterr said:

Is there a clear CLOV target?

Not a clear target. Big money coming into it including ARK repeated buys through last and this week. Their have been numbers expressed this would see $100 per share and many expect a decent move this year. Will it who knows but it appears to have solid support at the $14ish level. Has a good options chain to work both sides. Long term play and I have no plans to trade out or sell my shares on this one anytime soon.

Edit - forgot to add a small detail. Chelsea Clinton is a Director on the board. Just a guess this may move knowing that and the current administration.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Mr President Elect
AG
I rarely excercise the calls and most people sell them prior to expiration. I usually shoot for trying to sell them at least 10 days out.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
You could just sell some or all of those calls on Thursday especially if the stock is moving up when you sell. It really depends on what your price target is and for the calls.
FbgTxAg
AG
Mr President Elect said:

I rarely excercise the calls and most people sell them prior to expiration. I usually shoot for trying to sell them at least 10 days out.

Huh? I just let them go? Why did I buy the calls if I wouldn't use them if they get past the strike?
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
FbgTxAg
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

You could just sell some or all of those calls on Thursday especially if the stock is moving up when you sell. It really depends on what your price target is and for the calls.

I can sell the calls on Thursday? To who? Man I'm lost.

jwhitlock3
Philip J Fry said:

Is your app Texas 42 by Maroon Entertainment? Want to be sure I'm getting the right one.
Post removed:
by user
McInnis 03
AG
It's just another instrument to trade. Has value, collect profit. Onto the next
Post removed:
by user
Mr President Elect
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Mr President Elect said:

Huh? I just let them go? Why did I buy the calls if I wouldn't use them if they get past the strike?
When you think a stock is going to move in a certain direction rather quickly (calls for upwards), it is a cheap way to capitalize on that movement. For instance instead of paying $13k (for 100 shares) to capture a movement from $13k to $15k; you can pay $100 (assuming a $1.00 option price) for a $150 strike price and capture a percentage of that movement. Look at the greeks (delta) to see how much your option will increase in value for every $1 the stock gains. The delta will also increase as it gets closer to the strike price (see alpha).
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

MARA and the other bitcoin stocks should rocket next week.

loaded SNDL this week, I think we see $2 in the not so distant future. In the meantime, will sell inflated cc's (man the what premium on this one).

Agree on SNDL. Ridiculous on those covered calls huh? Hard not to play this when you see support levels and can buy shares and sell calls placing your cost basis well below it.

Chart looks good but my gut tells me this may really go at some point. I'll hold this one a while given net free.

zag213004
AG
FJ43 said:

zwhag2010 said:

FJ43 said:

Drillbit4 said:

CLOV
WWR
MBIO
MVIS
CIDM
BFT
???

MBIO same as WWR for me.

I don't have my notes in front of me but this is a net free approach play that OA felt has a lot of upside. He had a call with their CFO (if memory serves me correctly) and knew their profitability before the call and details before that call. Of course internally they were vague but OA felt good about the direction and opportunity. More exposure into LIDAR tech and use in the soon to be hyper EV markets. Objective wasn't a trade but to buy shares, sell covered calls and work the process to a net free position. Let net free shares ride from there.

Ok that's what I thought. I have sold covered calls that go out to may (at the time I saw the month of May thrown around).
Mr President Elect
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

I can sell the calls on Thursday? To who? Man I'm lost.

You can always find a cheap stock that has options (maybe SNDL), and just play around with a couple of them there and watch them. That is what I did when I wanted to get accustomed to them.
98PercenterAg
AG
I've always sold my calls, never exercised. Wouldn't even know what to do with it if I chose to exercise it.
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

oldarmy1 said:

FJ43 said:

$SNDL

I swear it's hard to trust these volume candles right now. Everything is getting hit by reddit. In a normal world I would be all over SNDL with that chart. But is it signaling large institutional buying , or just the army hoard of vengeance?

If the latter, will they stay the distance and run it?
I guess no one knows for sure but love the chart. After last nights seminar I love it even more. I'm sitting on net free shares and also have some calls on it. So whether it is institutions or the mob makes no difference to me.
Just run it up to the left hand chart $13 for our sakes.
Zack is big in this one. Some other Atlas guys are as well and it was amazing how strong it was today despite the offering, plus they now won't have another one for 3 months or more.
His target is $2, adding on any dips to .75 area. The premiums are so nice in this one, I don't plan to sell any until it really rips. (and wish I'd got in this one earlier with all of you!).
Whitehouse Road
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

Philip J Fry said:

Is your app Texas 42 by Maroon Entertainment? Want to be sure I'm getting the right one.

This is important. I have the free 42 dominoes that I play all the time but I would happily pay to switch for a fellow stock markets thread Ag.
oldarmy1
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Correct. There are so many times a stock spikes or tanks in premarket or post market and by the time markets open they have equalized erasing a lot of the gains.

We had AMC $2.50 LEAPS that cost us $1.25 for the right to buy the shares at $2.50 ANY TIME between now and January 2023. Our plan was to count on the opening of the economy to give an initial bounce, to sell as low of % of our calls as possible to recapture our investment and then let the rest hopefully move higher.

It worked with the announcements of opening sending AMC to over $5 allowing us to sell only 28% of the Calls to recapture our investment. But then reddit hit and the stock jumped to over $25 premarket a few days later. Obviously we can't trade options premarket so your choice is to agonizingly wait for the open and hope it stays up there (it didn't - it fell to $16 and below) OR since your calls give you the right to call out shares at $2.50 what you do is SHORT AMC at the premarket price of $26.20.

Instead of covering that short by buying shares in the market you just call out your $2.50 calls. Your total cost for the shares was $2.50 + $1.25 premium so $3.75. Your short was say $25.75. That net then is $22/share.

For every 1 call you paid $125 for you made $2200. Of you didn't short it then you would have sold your leaps at the open for around $17 or $1700/share. Not bad but not nearly as good as $2200. 100 calls brought in $220k in under a week!
oldarmy1
AG
BudFox7 said:

The patterns OA is teaching could fairly easily be incorporated into a pattern matching algo. You'd need an exit criteria to know if it outperforms common long only strategies.

I'd be interested to see if it's a sustainable strategy.

I can assure you it has sustained every trade brought to here, and over my trading career. Let's talk about that incorporation into an algo. I'd be very interested in building that.
Mr President Elect
AG
bigtoneag said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Aggie118 said:

Anyone buying into EXPR? Noticed it was up to $11 yesterday, back down to $6.00

Yes and I'm the bum that sold covered calls on it on Monday before the Tuesday ripper. My portfolio at one time on Tuesday showed a +14k and -11k right beside each other on it.

This is my situation with AMC.
I had some $5 AMC cc's that were set to expire today. I rolled them over to a $19 strike price next friday for $4. Definitely a risk in case it tanks, but I felt it was worth the upside.
First Page Last Page
Page 3013 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.