Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,085,068 Views | 231811 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by bhanacik
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I went ahead and sold SNDL just now AH. Two round trips. 0.65 to 1.19 and 0.68 to 0.87.
Didn't read this until this morning after the fact and feel better I was on the same thought process as you. I unloaded a large part of my position this morning at $0.99 just after 5AM. Still have covered calls sold against a bunch and will watch what happens on those. Plan to keep some net free and forget about them.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bob Knights Paper Hands
59 South said:

Just to pile on RH some more, I had a small account I played some options on but I transferred it all out last night to my Fidelity account.

Question for you guys, do you have multiple brokerage accounts for different things? I only have one main one in Fidelity that I use but thinking about setting up 2 more to have 3 taxable total:

1) Long term holds & net free shares (rarely any action outside of adding net frees and occasional covered calls)
2) Swing and accumulation shares and selling covered calls & cash covered puts
3) Options

Work upwards rebalancing every so often. For example, 3) goes from 10k to 20k, move 10k up to 2). Go net free in 2), move net free shares to 1) and forget. 1) grows from 2), 2) grows from 3). Anybody do anything similar?

I have decided I will open another account, maybe on the same platform, to have long holds separate from swing, day trading, and options trading. The idea for me is to continually pay the long hold account through cash or net-free shares from the swing/trading/option account. I think that will help me focus a bit better since the trading account can be paired down. I do think it's helpful not to separate the swing and the options account because those play together at times - you don't want covered calls to be naked calls because the shares are in another account.
BrokeAssAggie
I only use ATP at the moment but plan to open an Interactive brokers account today. I will start off slow and once I get comfortable using the platform probably move most of funds.
AgEng06
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

ehrmantraut said:

GME see's $500+ tomorrow before 11am

Got my limit order set for $700, just in case.

I don't think your WSB friends would be very happy about that.

But it does show why this thing might fail or never get "squoze". As it runs up they are going to lose a lot of support via people selling rather than holding.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
ADD generation meme stocks are never going to last for the long haul.

Some of their peers are going to get crapped on.
GigEmRangers75455
Just to show the utter insanity of this WSB movement. A friend of a friend who has never invested in the market before this week put 300k on GME. 40k on AMC. 40K on NAKD. Basically his life savings.
gougler08
AG
Aggies75455 said:

Just to show the utter insanity of this WSB movement. A friend of a friend who has never invested in the market before this week put 300k on GME. 40k on AMC. 40K on NAKD. Basically his life savings.

Well that's a choice...
Decay
AG
Aggies75455 said:

Teach him what a trailing stop loss is RIGHT NOW
GigEmRangers75455
Decay said:

Aggies75455 said:

That's exactly what I told my buddy to tell him. As far as the GME buy he's in right at $330 per share.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Decay said:

Aggies75455 said:

Disagree. This is the worst scenario for trailing stops. The big money is swinging all of these tickers every which way right now hunting for trailing stops. You should teach him about net free/ house money instead
I hope he dumps it at opening bell.

So stupid. But my hope is he cashes it for a large gain and then somehow becomes a legit investor.

Decay
AG
NRD09 said:

Decay said:

Aggies75455 said:

Disagree. This is the worst scenario for trailing stops. The big money is swinging all of these tickers every which way right now hunting for trailing stops. You should teach him about net free/ house money instead

Technically you're right but just emphasizing any kind of exit/protection strategy could save this guy's life here. You lose 300k you might not come back from it.
E
AG
Aggies75455 said:

YOLO
59 South
AG
To clarify, covered calls & puts would only be used in shares accounts. Options account would only be for longs calls/puts and never any shares bought or sold. I like that better because you keep that account very low balance compared to the other 2 to keep you honest.
gig em 02
NRD09 said:

Decay said:

Aggies75455 said:

Citadel owns Robinhood, they don't have to swing tickers because they can just see where stops are entered, which is why wsb told people not to use them. Brilliant move by citadel.
fightintxag13
AG
Aggies75455 said:

Decay
AG
fightintxag13 said:

Aggies75455 said:

$330 CB is definitely not where I'd have put my life savings, that's for damn sure
deadbq03
AG
gig em 02 said:

NRD09 said:

Decay said:

Aggies75455 said:

Citadel owns Robinhood, they don't have to swing tickers because they can just see where stops are entered, which is why wsb told people not to use them. Brilliant move by citadel.
This is what drives me nuts.

I think when commissions went to zero everywhere, brokers decided to game the system even more. Even with Fidelity, I'm pretty sure I'm getting played. My "price improvements" are markedly less after they went commission free. There are some rare times when I'm lazy and make a market order on something with tight bid/ask spreads and yet somehow manage to catch a flash up/down well outside that range. Anecdotal for sure, but I have no doubt that all these brokers are shady behind the scenes.
gig em 02
aggiedaniel06 said:

Also wanted to add this:

To go along with what I said above, the go to move this past year for most institutional players has been shorting vol after a big pop like wednesday. I'm sure they did the same thing today.

So now you have these HF's that have liquidity issues that are also short vol. And I wont get too technical but the current SPX vol to VIX beta is at an extreme correlation (thats why you saw a 70% jump in VIX with a -2.75% move in SPX). All these ingredients creates a powder keg of a situation.

Wait, so they've been getting trapped in this loop all year and that's when the treasury turned on the printers?
wanderer
Wow $NVAX. As soon as I saw their positive vaccine update yesterday I went and looked at the stock price and for some reason it dipped down under $120. It's now at $215 pre-market
tsuag10
AG
Aggies75455 said:

This makes me sick at my stomach to imagine someone doing this.
SPY, QQQ, IWM all flushing.

McInnis 03
AG
wanderer said:

Wow $NVAX. As soon as I saw their positive vaccine update yesterday I went and looked at the stock price and for some reason it dipped down under $120. It's now at $215 pre-market

Going $250-$300. They may have the best of the vaccines
BrokeAssAggie
Really no different than taking that Jack to Vegas and putting it on black.

It's stupidity, but it could pay off handsomely. Sometimes, lucky beats smart.

McInnis 03
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

SPY, QQQ, IWM all flushing.

When I woke at 415 spy was 372 and qqq was 315.

Was so happy I got hedges yesterday
Call me the hedgehog right now.

I'm 20% hedged this morning. Bubble ready for a pin.
gigemJTH12
AG
I need a hedge...what's your recommendation?
khaos288
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Vix calls then spy puts
SQQQ, SPXU, UVXY

Then with options ... SPY, QQQ, IWM puts with March dates and 2022 dates.

I have UVXY June calls as well.
sts7049
AG
Aggies75455 said:

tell him to buy a wheelbarrow to carry around his nuts with that kind of move
McInnis 03
AG
khaos288 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Vix calls then spy puts

Just remember on Vix calls, they are more like a butterfly on that you need to nail price AND time. Yes they will move a little in correlation with vix, not because of no early redemption the expiration timing matters.

Disclaimer: I'm in vix calls, spy puts, uvxy shares, and qqq put butterflies
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
gig em 02 said:

NRD09 said:

Decay said:

Aggies75455 said:

Dear God i hope he didn't do this in rh
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Thanks for dropping in aggiedaniel. Always appreciate hearing the word on the Street at times like this
Cromagnum
AG
GME is +83.26% since close and rising.

AMC is +49.25% since close and rising.
First Page Last Page
Page 2993 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.