Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,081,479 Views | 231779 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guitarsoup said:

If this person had a margin account, RH might be in the clear as per their TOS. If it was in a cash account, I'd lawyer up faster than I'd blow a nut at the prospect of banging 90s Cindy Crawford
CSPAggie05
AG
Closing the position at the absolutely lowest price during a flash down...WOW...that seems a little overt.
khkman22
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Photoshop? This and the tweet above show same time, price and number of shares. But one is a screenshot and other is picture of PC screen. Why pass around two versions of the photo? I don't think anybody can trust any information on this situation unless they get it directly.
Cromagnum
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Thats unreasonable but hedges naked shorting the stock is perfectly reasonable amount of risk? Lmao
FTAG 2000
AG
djmeen95 said:

The lawsuits resulting from today will be plentiful and entertaining. I imagine discovery alone will be worth the price of admission!

Robinhood....

Pretty sure they will just bribe whoever they need to. Probably a good Obama judge or two floating around SDNY territory who would be happy to dismiss it.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Guitarsoup said:

If this person had a margin account, RH might be in the clear as per their TOS. If it was in a cash account, I'd lawyer up faster than I'd blow a nut at the prospect of banging 90s Cindy Crawford
If it was a margin issue, is it typical to liquidate mid-day?

No call to meet whatever requirement they have, even 100%?
TChaney
Irish 2.0 said:

Guitarsoup said:

That is at the lowest price of the day and the exact time there was a flash down to around 113.
Irish 2.0
I'm not sure. I haven't touched any of these short squeeze plays. I'm just saying RH's ass might be covered in this situation if the person's account, assuming it's not fake, was a margin account. TOS give lots of leeway and I'm still yet to know one person that has ever read them that isn't a lawyer employed by the company putting them out. If it's a cash account, there is no standing to sell a position
one MEEN Ag
AG
TChaney said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Guitarsoup said:

That is at the lowest price of the day and the exact time there was a flash down to around 113.

That person might have had call options they bought when it was 300ish. He could have gotten margin called during the flash down.
Irish 2.0

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Ridiculous and blatant gaming the system. HAS to be actionable, right?
FTAG 2000
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I'm not sure. I haven't touched any of these short squeeze plays. I'm just saying RH's ass might be covered in this situation if the person's account, assuming it's not fake, was a margin account. TOS give lots of leeway and I'm still yet to know one person that has ever read them that isn't a lawyer employed by the company putting them out. If it's a cash account, there is no standing to sell a position
The other issue is they sold at the low point of the day, during a volume flash down.

What are the odds that was a coincidence?
Chef Elko
AG
Been busy so not sure if this has been covered. How early will we be able to review the recorded seminar today? I'll be in a meeting for part of the beginning
Irish 2.0
I dont' beleive in coincidence and the stock market. Watching flow for the last 3yrs has taught me that
K-Bob
AG
What is everybody's plan on SNDL?

I am in at .5751, but I am wanting to lock in some gains and start going towards net free. Help would be appreciated.

FriskyGardenGnome
AG
If this is a typical agreement for margin accounts, it appears that they can liquidate when and how they see fit.

wjbrown88
Danwell Home said:

Been busy so not sure if this has been covered. How early will we be able to review the recorded seminar today? I'll be in a meeting for part of the beginning
OA told me that recorded version not available until a few days later.
CPDAggie10
AG
K-Bob said:

I am in at .5751, but I am wanting to lock in some gains and start going towards net free. Help would be appreciated.

I have had tremendous success farming profits and reducing cost basis by selling covered calls at $1, $1.5 and I even sold a big chunk of Feb 2s for 0.90 this morning.

Example in your case you could sell the Feb $1 for 0.30 or the $1.5s for 0.25 right now.
Irish 2.0
gotsand said:

If this is a typical agreement for margin accounts, it appears that they can liquidate when and how they see fit.

Get what you pay for with your broker.

There is a time and place to be cheap. Protecting your capital isn't one of the times to be cheap.
FbgTxAg
AG
Robinhood just did to their customers what Dominion did to voters in November.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
khaos288
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Robinhood just did to their customers what Dominion did to voters in November.
You going to get sued for libel
Boban
I think there are multiple strategies people have been doing, but I know a lot of people have been selling covered call options to lower their cost basis if not called out. I sold some Feb 5 1.5c for .63 earlier, giving me a net entry of .37 if I don't get called out.

If options aren't your thing, I think many are holding. IIRC, they had an offering recently, but many people still remain bullish because of the current administration.

Edit: Some have also been selling ITM Feb .5c weeklies.
Engine10
AG
Y'all see that mini model T on $Stock to not be named? Damn near perfect
Guitarsoup
AG
Closed out my loss in AMC and win in Express and used that to buy my initials: TGC at $1.70 today.

Currently $3.42.
Brewmaster
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

K-Bob said:

I have had tremendous success farming profits and reducing cost basis by selling covered calls at $1, $1.5 and I even sold a big chunk of Feb 2s for 0.90 this morning.

Example in your case you could sell the Feb $1 for 0.30 or the $1.5s for 0.25 right now.
Yep, this! I was going to let mine get called out, but actually bought more (the premiums are awesome when it rips). I plan to hold for a while now, it feels like a free money play (if there is such a thing).
gougler08
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Closed out my loss in AMC and win in Express and used that to buy my initials: TGC at $1.70 today.

Currently $3.42.
That's outstanding
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Robinhood died today. Right?

Their IPO is not gonna go well.
Fitch
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I thought they died back last spring when they crashed during the spike in volatility trading but here we are again... Just too convenient for newbies.
Irish 2.0
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It'll go fine. Plenty of stupid people out there that will stay on their and WeBull's platform because they don't know any different
WestTexAg12
AG
Engine10 said:

Y'all see that mini model T on $Stock to not be named? Damn near perfect

You mean CLOV??
jbeck3487
AG
Someone bought 1876 weekly AMD 93c
FJ43
Fitch said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I thought they died back last spring when they crashed during the spike in volatility trading but here we are again... Just too convenient for newbies.
This
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Charlie Conway
There's a couple tickers that aren't supposed to be said out loud on this thread, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

gotsand said:

There is a time and place to be cheap. Protecting your capital isn't one of the times to be cheap.

I think every robinhood acct is a margin account. I know i didn't get the option to opt out of margin approval when i signed up, and when i tried to convert it to a cash account there wasn't a way
Irish 2.0
NRD09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

gotsand said:

I think every robinhood acct is a margin account. I know i didn't get the option to opt out of margin approval when i signed up, and when i tried to convert it to a cash account there wasn't a way
Just turn off the margin. They can't force you to have a margin account. They kept everyone to the PDT rule regardless of cash or margin account though from what I have heard.
First Page Last Page
Page 2978 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.