Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,077,954 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by El_duderino
Talon2DSO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cptthunder said:

gougler08 said:

cptthunder said:

gougler08 said:

Feb 19 $2 SNDL calls can be had for $0.55
I managed to sell Feb 19 4$ for $0.55 at the open haha
Now that's a win
Now they are going for $0.70
Fine by me
I might start buying shares here and selling those. $0.30 cost basis or a 4X return...kinda hard to pass up

I've got 300 shares here. Do I buy to open or sell to open?
YouBet
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Anybody else appreciate the irony of all of this happening on a platform named Robinhood?
Their actions today kind of destroy their whole vision, huh?

I don't know why anyone would be on it considering all of the public failures they've had.
Ags2013
AG
SNDL is impacted. Everyone get mad and buy it!
E
AG
Even DOGE is going off today
jj9000
AG
My opinion...this isn't a singular case of WSB / Robinhood crew of folks tied up in this GME action.

There's big money in GME as well...across all platfolms.

Why wouldn't the big money pour in to take advantage of the squeeze?

They like money just as much as the little guy.

But...Strategic mistake for Robinhood.
E
AG
What happens if I don't want to close my SNDL calls this week? I'd like to take the shares but don't want them to sell my calls at close tomorrow
Betoisafurry
It's your own fault if you are in RH still after that **** they pulled last spring.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Learning a ton from watching this guy live.

mrad85
AG
Charlie Kelley said:

It's your own fault if you are in RH still after that **** they pulled last spring.
Guess how you can manipulate the market.

***Technical difficulties.
sts7049
AG
what did they do last year? i wasn't very active trading
GigEmRangers75455
Closing my RH account today. Only kept it for day trading and the ability to buy Crypto. Crypto will take a hit from this crap too.
Guitarsoup
AG
Charlie Kelley said:

I missed it. What happened?
McInnis 03
AG
FUBO feb19 50c call sweep
Robag09
AG
Yup. Don't buy back your covered calls if you use robinhood. They won't let you sell covered calls anymore!

It's a shame the IV on some of those calls was 2000%
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
E said:

What happens if I don't want to close my SNDL calls this week? I'd like to take the shares but don't want them to sell my calls at close tomorrow
If you own calls expiring tomorrow AND those calls are ITM at close, they will exercise at the strike price automatically.
wmitchell
AG
looking at selling CLOV covered calls. Feb $30 are .4? That seems crazy unless it is going to run really fast. i know some are expecting news.
sts7049
AG
FTAG 2000
AG
YouBet said:

YouBet said:

I guess I screwed myself on a limit sell this morning. Set PLUG to sell part of my total holdings at $62 just to protect myself against another down day if it happened and take some profits. It was $64 pre-market and opened up and has only gone up.

But it still sold at $62 on open. What am I missing?
Bump for any insight on this. Just curious what I'm missing here since I'm sure it's something fundamental with limit orders. Haven't done many of them in my lifetime and never seen this happen.

Thanks!
The day trade orders are separate from pre-market.

Guessing the 'day session' price was below or at 62 at open and you got called out.
Fitch
AG
Placed a purchase order for NAKD in Robinhood last night and it finally filled this morning @ $2.26. Won't let me buy any more.
TV Casualty
AG
I had already pulled most of my money out of Robinhood. I will take it all out now. Was planning on it anyways.
Betoisafurry
sts7049 said:

what did they do last year? i wasn't very active trading
Back in march when the crash happened people were locked out for two full days.
spud1910
AG
FJ43 said:

Ags2013 said:

FJ, what is your strategy with SNDL now? I know we both have it and were both considering dumping if it went down further.
SNDL? It is at $1 and running a bit. Up 64% from yesterday. I sold covered calls yesterday at $1 & $1.50 strikes on it. You?
I got in it as well. I sold $0.5 cc on half yesterday to lower my basis to $0.447. Considering selling enough of the not covered to get net free.
Jim
BrokeAssAggie
Want to add some more hedges here. Whats' a good option? Buy some SPY 3/19 $330 puts?
PeekingDuck
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Anybody else appreciate the irony of all of this happening on a platform named Robinhood?
When someone is tugging at your heart strings, they're likely after your purse strings.

For the record, I don't own a purse.
zag213004
AG
PeekingDuck said:

Goldie Wilson said:

When someone is tugging at your heart strings, they're likely after your purse strings.

For the record, I don't own a purse.

Guitarsoup
AG

Getting the Zodiac mad ain't smart
ProgN
YouBet said:

YouBet said:

I guess I screwed myself on a limit sell this morning. Set PLUG to sell part of my total holdings at $62 just to protect myself against another down day if it happened and take some profits. It was $64 pre-market and opened up and has only gone up.

Bump for any insight on this. Just curious what I'm missing here since I'm sure it's something fundamental with limit orders. Haven't done many of them in my lifetime and never seen this happen.

Thanks!
Contact the help desk of your firm. Explain to the you believe you were filled below market price at time. Of execution and would like someone to review it. If you deserved a higher price, they'll adjust your sell price before close of business today.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Welp...there goes my AMC tendies.
gigemJTH12
AG
I am really just pissed about $BB bc we were in this way before the madness. now its all f'ed up.

$BB...

Swollen Thumb
AG
ASAN

Sitting right around Model T from recent run up from ~$28 (1/6) to ~$40 (1/21).

I'm long with $29 average and might add a bit more here.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
SPCE is rocketing right now. Up 93% over the last month.
TexasAg2017
AG
At this rate I'll be able to buy back my EXPR calls that I rolled yesterday AND still come out ahead on my shares. Love to see it
Lavender Gooms
AG
Just initiated a transfer from RH to another broker. Do I just have to leave my RH positions alone until the transfer is done? Not gonna buy anything, but can I still sell those if I want?
YouBet
AG
AG 2000' said:

YouBet said:

YouBet said:

Thanks!
The day trade orders are separate from pre-market.

Guessing the 'day session' price was below or at 62 at open and you got called out.
Maybe, but the "bid price" was not that low. Hell, I don't know. Not going to lose sleep over it considering it's a 7,000% gain, but kind of pissed at myself for leaving money on the table if I missed some basic thing here.
deadbq03
AG
So frustrating. Fidelity trading was down at the open and I was trying to buy SPY calls.

Then my boss calls me in for a meeting.
First Page Last Page
Page 2967 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.