Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,086,442 Views | 231819 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by BrokeAssAggie
FishrCoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexasAg2017 said:

DubFalls said:

McInnis 03 said:

ehrmantraut said:

The only flaw with these folks thinking is they think they have to wait until Friday. If they all exercised at some high point, that's when the bomb would go off

Yeah, if they just agreed to all exercise starting at 8am tomorrow morning it would send the stock to the moon.

I'm not sure why this strategy isn't being pushed.
Most probably don't have the cash to exercise.

That was my first thought as well
Stan Crowch
AG
Perhaps some enterprising business could make a few shekels by lending money to Redditors with itm call options at a healthy interest rate.
FbgTxAg
AG
Are we casual, business casual, or dress for success at the seminar tomorrow?
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Post removed:
by user
tlepoC
AG
I won't be wearing pants and I may quit my job beforehand. Giddy up
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

it's the two hour, but that is a clear period close above the high of the low bar.

ELI5... What exactly are you implying with this?
Talon2DSO
AG
Ozsc was voted as the next boom by reddit. Current ask price is $10
FbgTxAg
AG
tlepoC said:

I won't be wearing pants and I may quit my job beforehand. Giddy up

At least you've got a job. I'm literally the Dude walking around in my underwear and a robe drinking White Russians all day.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
FbgTxAg
AG
Talon2DSO said:

This would literally make me a multi-millionaire.

If I ever cashed out.

"Who wants to be a BILLIONAIRE!!!!"

Edit. Holy F***. The ask is ACTUALLY currently $10.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
We will see. These are crazy times.
Fitch
AG
The posts here are interesting...

https://stocktwits.com/symbol/OZSC
BearkatRunner88
AG
Will CLOV finally do something tomorrow? Where is this news release?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Jet Black
Talon2DSO said:

Please please please
FTAG 2000
AG
BearkatRunner88 said:

It's odd today. They presented at the Medicaid conference. In their presentation they talked about Walmart, CVS, and Walgreens. Not sure why they didnt get a boost.
lobwedgephil
FbgTxAg
AG
lobwedgephil said:

Ya that doesn't look like they've exited their shorts...
trip98
AG
Prognightmare said:

Trip98 is good people.

ETA: like everyone else in our clubhouse
appreciate that and wholeheartedly agree....great group here!!! Lets keep it that way.

also, never heard from you about the recording link.
YNWA_AG
AG
FbgTxAg said:

lobwedgephil said:

Esteban du Plantier
AG
AG 2000' said:

BearkatRunner88 said:

It's odd today. They presented at the Medicaid conference. In their presentation they talked about Walmart, CVS, and Walgreens. Not sure why they didnt get a boost.

Priced in? Certainly you weren't the only person to know what they were going to present?
bmoochie
AG
so I have been lurking on this thread for a month or so trying to keep up. this seems more as options based and not necessarily just buying stocks. Haven't quite got the hang of anything other than just buying/selling stocks but slowly trying to expand. Any guidance is appreciated!
bmks270
AG
FbgTxAg said:

lobwedgephil said:

Yahoo article said the Melvin fund or whatever was down 30% as of Friday.... imagine what it is today if they didn't unroll it, although CNBC said they were totally out. Maybe new shorts took their place at the higher price.
AgsnFly
AG
Taking profits on more than half of my /VX futures right now. In my experience, the VX contract is especially harsh on pigs.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
YNWA_AG said:

FbgTxAg said:

lobwedgephil said:

Is it still the institutional players getting ****ed with or the retail 'it's obviously gotta crash' guys that WSB is at war with?

FbgTxAg
AG
YNWA_AG said:

FbgTxAg said:

lobwedgephil said:

Are they doubling-down thinking the retailers will blink first? Smells like some more platforms could go down tomorrow to help their HF and MM Goliath peeps defeat David.
Mr President Elect
AG
It's more of just an active trading thread. There is a buy and hold thread if that is more your speed. We do buy and hold stock on here too, but we try to use all the mechanisms possible to get a great entry price and extract value from it.

Would recommend getting familiar with at least the basics of buying and selling calls and puts and then you should be able to at least understand 80% of this thread.
trip98
AG
ibdm98 said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

BobaFettsClone said:

oldarmy1 said:

ClutchCityAg said:

BobaFettsClone said:

trip98 said:

SPY put advice...
per OA1 reco the other day I bought SPY March $335 Put at $3.50. It's now $610.

Long time out till March and as we've seen plenty of craziness. Do I:
1) let it ride
2) sell it, capture profit and the invest proceeds in another Put
3) if I sell and re-buy new Put, which one should I target? Same expiry date but around $315 strike and keep it around my initial $350 cost or go with the $300 which uses all profit?
Very new here, just started watching thread yesterday and brand new to trading. Where are you following OA1? His (?) name keeps popping up and it sounds like he's doing y'all some serious good.
here and twitter @oldarmy1
They closed prints after hours at $7.25

The gap down start to the day shows intent to sell. I closed out the last buy of those at the open, along with the $383 expiring Put and then when we pressed above 3800 we hit a double top. I screen shot that for the seminar because I went back in off seeing that and added an expiring $374 on that and closed it after hours. I did think about converting it to a short but with AAPL and FB expected to beat I sold it and resold the re-entry buys on the March $335's for $6.65. Between two trades on the March $335's and the kicker $383 put from after hours yesterday and the $374 I am now beyond net free on the remaining March $335's. I'll wait to see what happens in the morning. If we start green I'd probably buy a Friday expiring Put $2 below market price.

As far as selling out the $335's and repositioning. Since we have a selloff in action you can wait to see if continuation and buy a closer to the money cheaper put, closing out the $335's and using a fraction of the profit to hedge in case this becomes a multi-day rip event.
May as well be speaking Greek.

I said the same thing about a different post and he and others were kind enough to explain it again to me in Mandarin ....I just don't have the acumen especially in options (calls, shorts, puts, etc.).

I'm in the same boat. I'd love to start a new thread where we took these types of trades from OA and really broke them down elementary style for us beginners complete with charts to help bring up the collective knowledge of the board. I thought about joining OA's seminar but I don't think I have the knowledge to fully comprehend and appreciate what he's gonna teach tomorrow.
okay listen...first word of warning....I'm still a newb here. Been on thread since August/September and learned a lot from OA1 and several others. Made okay money but I'm a small fish. Also, I had at least a basic understanding of options. Absolutely NO knowledge of technical trading. Hope to improve upon that in the seminar tomorrow. Obviously googled some stuff here and there as well.
Keep in mind, he's got work going on, juggling trading, while sharing his message with others....very busy so when he gets typing he's going fast. We've all done it trying to get word out albeit not in a manner everyone can understand. I'm not saying he typed anything wrong here but there's a chance.
With those disclaimers, this is my STAB at what OA1 is saying jus thinking it thru and trying to apply what I've learned here. More educated folks might tell you I'm wrong. Here goes:
-closed prints AH at 7.25 means the particular option I was talking about was now going for much higher than my initial message
-to summarize his next paragraph...movement of the market at open showed folks were wanting to sell. He wrapped up a couple of moves he wanted to make buying puts (the right to sell stock)). Then using technical analysis he noticed that we hit the top, came back down a little, then hit the top again and back down a little (double top). Another signal markets weren't going to move higher and likely to head lower. Like we pushed our head against the ceiling. Seeing this he bought ANOTHER put feeling more confident in move down. He considered exercising the put(s) instead of selling them but with 2 earnings that were being released after hours that were rumored to beat expectations he decided not to exercise. Instead he sold them. Pocketed profit. In fact pocketed enough profit to cover his cost of previous Puts that he had bought (aka net free). Now his plan is to see where it opens tomorrow and if it indications suggest going up he'll buy another put but closer to what the current share price is.
-his response to my particular ideas for the position I have is I can either wait and see if market continues down and just watch. Or I can sell it now, lock in profit, and use that profit for other hedges. Admittedly I didn't follow when he said buy a "closer to the money cheaper put" as the way I see things closer to the money would be more expensive.

again, that's my interpretation....could EASILY be wrong!!!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
bmoochie said:

so I have been lurking on this thread for a month or so trying to keep up. this seems more as options based and not necessarily just buying stocks. Haven't quite got the hang of anything other than just buying/selling stocks but slowly trying to expand. Any guidance is appreciated!

A lot of the discussion is with options, since that gives lots of leverage and flexibility, but you could follow along with shares understanding that the overall impact would be lower. If someone buys out-of-the-money calls, buying shares would have the same directional price movement, just the overall % change would be lower.

I often take the mirrored approach. If guys are buying calls, I'm selling slightly in-the-money puts. Doing that I get the benefit of theta decay in my favor.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

My shorts on GME and AMC

Hell yes!
Good luck tomorrow.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
By buy a closer to the money, cheaper put he means buy a put with a nearer term expiry day if you think we continue downward now. Cheaper since the expiry is closer but if the action is happening now you aren't paying/carrying premium for the additional time. You can rerisk those puts a bit but still have puts in case it pushes downward further. At least that's what I took it to mean.
Cromagnum
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Testing my new investment forum signature. Don't want the SEC saying I'm trying to influence..
wanderer
Sorry if this is a bit crude, but I couldn't stop laughing

EVA3
AG
wanderer said:

Sorry if this is a bit crude, but I couldn't stop laughing

First Page Last Page
Page 2957 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.