Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,079,016 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by El_duderino
zag213004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really wish NET would get it together. I missed the $87 spike And would like it to come back
David_Puddy
AG
bmks270 said:

Having serious FOMO.
Where are the gamblers placing their bets for tomorrow?

Gamble plays for me are AMC & CLOV in the am. Although CLOV is way less of a gamble.
FJ43
TexasAg2017 said:

First thoughts after messing around in TWS for a couple hours:

This is flipping awesome but it has way more features than I know what to do with at the moment. Lots of learning to do.

Yes it does. You'll discover so many tools and features if you spend time with it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
H-town ag said:

Beginner here - So what is best strategy for $WWR CC Feb 19 7.50?

If I want to continue to hold this stock, do I buy the call back and then roll it out further?

No it's up over $8 now. Much Higher strikes and March or May.

Edit - sorry misread your post. Thought you were looking to sell those strikes.

Did you sell calls on 100% of your shares?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Engine10
AG
H-town ag said:

If I want to continue to hold this stock, do I buy the call back and then roll it out further?

If you don't want your shares called you would just roll - don't buy it back first. Pick a higher strike further out in time and should be able to roll for a credit.
CPDAggie10
AG
H-town ag said:

I bought my Feb 7.5s back for I think $1.90 and sold the March 12.5s for $1.40...maybe not the best strategy but I'm okay with it.
Red Rover
AG
H-town ag said:

You can just roll that call up and out if you want. You can also stay there, hope they don't exercise early (which has never happened to me), and wait/hope for a downward move to buy those calls back. I'm going to let my $7.50s and $10 call exercise if they do. I only sold CC for half my shares so I'm okay with that or I can pick an entry point later.

One other play is to sell Feb $10 puts for those shares for $3.30 if you think this will continue rising.
tam2002
AG
I literally went all cash last week and was bored yesterday and bought 500 shares of XL at 19.40. Today since everyone on here was excited about CLOV I bought 1k shares at 14.20 and after that just as a dice roll bought 500 shares of AMC at 4.40. I'm usually awesome at buying the top not real sure how this happened.

Tomorrow i will buy a lottery ticket
Mr President Elect
AG
bmks270 said:

Having serious FOMO.
Where are the gamblers placing their bets for tomorrow?

Thinking of doing a call spread on GME for a gamble. Earlier today the $160/$200 was about $4.50; didn't pull the trigger on it b/c I didn't like my cash situation and I was getting over extended.
FJ43
tam2002 said:

I literally went all cash last week and was bored yesterday and bought 500 shares of XL at 19.40. Today since everyone on here was excited about CLOV I bought 1k shares at 14.20 and after that just as a dice roll bought 500 shares of AMC at 4.40. I'm usually awesome at buying the top not real sure how this happened.

Wow you played the right ones at the right times that's for sure.

TexasAg2017
AG
Only gripe so far is how long it takes for them to process a deposit.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
CLOV
H-town ag
AG
FJ43 said:

H-town ag said:

No, not 100%, I still have a good potion not attached to this option.
GasAg90
My God. Please forgive me. I do not have after hours trading.
FJ43
TexasAg2017 said:

Yeah a few days longer than TDA if an ACH. Wire was quick.

Sex Panther
AG
I'm pretty bought into the Clov hype... got in today at $14.90

Considering on loading up in the morning, but is there a number I should pull the trigger at?
FJ43
H-town ag said:

FJ43 said:

H-town ag said:

No, not 100%, I still have a good potion not attached to this option.

I'd roll them to a March or maybe even May higher strike. unless you want to take $7:50+ the premium and lower your costs basis against remaining shares.

FJ43
GasAg90 said:

My God. Please forgive me. I do not have after hours trading.

You'll want that if you plan to trade. Premarket and after hours can be opportune times.

reedsterg
AG
Does anyone have IDEX? I'm in at $1.00 and net free, but trying to decide how long to hold onto it.
David_Puddy
AG
tam2002 said:

Well done sir. IMO your party has only just begun
Ags2013
AG
Is guessing which stock Reddit will meme be part of OAs seminar?
TexasAg2017
AG
FJ43 said:

TexasAg2017 said:

Yeah a few days longer than TDA if an ACH. Wire was quick.
I did an ACH last night and it won't be posted until the 1st. Set up a wire this evening so hopefully it'll clear before then.
Topher17
AG
AMC tomorrow is going to make me sick. Had myself set today to buy $5 LEAPs, but couldn't convince myself to fully pull the trigger.
bmks270
AG
What's the story with CLOV?

AMC seems like a good gambling target. Going for some call options maybe after seeing GME.
David_Puddy
AG
Ags2013 said:

Is guessing which stock Reddit will meme be part of OAs seminar?
Bird Poo
AG
tam2002 said:

Same. I followed OA's leaps and got in AMC at 1.55. Went net free on CIDM and bought CLOV shares at 13.60. My entire portfolio could be up 30% tomorrow. Which is perfect because I need to get back into a lot of cash to start hedging.

FOLLOW OA for the love of God.
fightintxag13
AG
I bought 6 of the '23 $2.50 LEAPS for 1.65. I was waiting for 5.00 to sell 2 in order to be net free, but am I crazy to think this run could allow me potentially sell only 1 to go net free??? According to optionsprofitcalculator it only has to run to 11.50ish to do so, and that's without figuring for increased IV that is almost sure to occur.
tam2002
AG
PearlJammin said:

tam2002 said:

Same. I followed OA's leaps and got in AMC at 1.55. Went net free on CIDM and bought CLOV shares at 13.60. My entire portfolio could be up 30% tomorrow. Which is perfect because I need to get back into a lot of cash to start hedging.

FOLLOW OA for the love of God.

Very nice. My plan is to ride this as much as I can this week and load up on UVXY to carry through the weekend
docaggie
AG
I bought AMC 2C for 2023 with the idea that I'd hold them for a long while until the stock got back up to about $8 in a year or so. Same thought with shares I bought at $2.27 in my 401k.

I already sold enough to be net free on these. Now I have to rethink my strategy on what to do with them, since the stock has now blown past what I ever imagined, and only in a few days.

It's a good problem to have, but I'm thinking I'll start setting stops as it goes up, raising them along the way and if I get stopped out somewhere along the crazy ride, then so be it.

Also, I've got $IVR in my 401k from when it dipped hard. It's climbing today and I can't see a good reason why? Anyone know? Not complaining, but stocks rising for no apparent reason make me curious what I'm missing.

And finally, here's an interesting thought. The WSB people are, provided they close things out properly, about to make a lot of money this week. They'll then have an incredible about of capital to throw around. Just a thought.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
McInnis 03
AG
Goodness, Chamath is insane
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
memace
AG
If anyone would like access to the live OA1 fishing seminar let me know. I have this awful work thing getting in the way. Email is best ad-nwhl-r @hotmail
Just add in the e's for the dashes.
McInnis 03
AG
fightintxag13 said:

I bought 6 of the '23 $2.50 LEAPS for 1.65. I was waiting for 5.00 to sell 2 in order to be net free, but am I crazy to think this run could allow me potentially sell only 1 to go net free??? According to optionsprofitcalculator it only has to run to 11.50ish to do so, and that's without figuring for increased IV that is almost sure to occur.

Texags answer: if you have to sell two, just sell two and ride 4

Wsb answer: NEVER FKING SELL
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Goodness, Chamath is insane

Wow. There are some new 'market makers' it seems like.

FJ43
This guy is good for those that don't follow him.

AgCPA95
AG
McInnis 03 said:

fightintxag13 said:

Texags answer: if you have to sell two, just sell two and ride 4

Wsb answer: NEVER FKING SELL
WE HAVE ASTRONAUTS STRANDED AT $220 WE WON'T LEAVE BEHIND!!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 2918 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.