Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,078,780 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by El_duderino
djmeen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So... basically... don't FOMO till yo money's NOMO'
Mostly Foggy Recollection
We could definitely melt up through the rest of Q1. Anyone who says they can time the top is lying out of their ass.

With that said, there are warning signs flashing out there, and now is the time to prepare. If you don't want to liquidate your swings/options/YOLOs (AMC/GME), please do the simple math on what you need to do from a hedge perspective.

I say to expect at least a 30% draw down on your portfolio, and it can be 50 plus. So if you have a 100K portfolio and you don't hedge, expect that value to drop to at least 70k in a large correction. If you hedge properly, you'll be minimally red, if at all, and you will be better off than 80% of the market.

When we had the rug pull yesterday, I never went red. That was a great test of my downside plan and now I'm much more confident.
Phat32
AG
On AMC at $2.26. Come on WSB!
WSB banging the pot on CLOV.
FTAG 2000
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

I have shares of UVXY. Good hedge instrument. In March of last year (COVID dump), it shot from 10 to 110.

VIXY is another decent one. SPXU is another for S&P. SQQQ for the 'Daq. DOG for the DOW30.

Same on UVXY.
Baby Billy
AG
I have a feeling a few brokers are about to change their margin eligibility requirements
TheCellarDoor
AG
Clov, GOGO, AMC, MSFT, Fubo, EXPR, Phun yesterday...
FTAG 2000
AG

We could definitely melt up through the rest of Q1. Anyone who says they can time the top is lying out of their ass.

With that said, there are warning signs flashing out there, and now is the time to prepare. If you don't want to liquidate your swings/options/YOLOs (AMC/GME), please do the simple math on what you need to do from a hedge perspective.

I say to expect at least a 30% draw down on your portfolio, and it can be 50 plus. So if you have a 100K portfolio and you don't hedge, expect that value to drop to at least 70k in a large correction. If you hedge properly, you'll be minimally red, if at all, and you will be better off than 80% of the market.

When we had the rug pull yesterday, I never went red. That was a great test of my downside plan and now I'm much more confident.
FTAG 2000
AG
Having fomo on fubo.
David_Puddy
AG

WSB banging the pot on CLOV.

Are they? Nice....I bought in on Monday. I thought it was on to AMC next? Although, it seems like damn near all of these guys portfolio is on GME and most are holding judging from the few threads I read. Either that, or they're doing it to sound like badasses, because it's awfully tough to not sell and take profits on that kind of a bump. If AMC is next, I may need to increase my position.
FTAG 2000
AG
$CLOV

Seeing some buzz they will be a joint partner in an announcement with Walmart and one other to be announced retail partner (CVS? Walgreens?) tomorrow at the Medicare Advantage Leadership Innovation conference.

It was more of a "we are moving to this soon" post... but yeah. It came across my twitter feed.
Engine10
AG
AG 2000' said:

$CLOV

Seeing some buzz they will be a joint partner in an announcement with Walmart and one other to be announced retail partner (CVS? Walgreens?) tomorrow at the Medicare Advantage Leadership Innovation conference.

Oh baby - bring it on!!
gigemJTH12
AG
AG 2000' said:

$CLOV

Wonder why it's doing nothing AH. I am seeing a lot of buzz too
tam2002
AG
I think come 6am tomorrow it'll be up nicely. Just a guess
FTAG 2000
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

AG 2000' said:

$CLOV

Wonder why it's doing nothing AH. I am seeing a lot of buzz too
From what I saw this didn't leak until AH closed. Premarket tomorrow will be interesting.
fightintxag13
AG
FTAG 2000
AG
fightintxag13 said:

hot damn. Clinton family ties.
gougler08
AG
So I have Feb $5 AMC calls that would take me net free. Do I just eat it thinking this will come back to earth in next 3 weeks, try to roll out to a much higher strike or something else?

Certainly didn't see this as an issue last week
David_Puddy
AG

It was more of a "we are moving to this soon" post... but yeah. It came across my twitter feed.

Referring to CLOV or AMC?
fightintxag13
AG
My favorite reply was "It better go up 500% or it's getting 'suicided'"
tam2002
AG
The amount of run $AMC is getting on twitter is insane. I'll genuinely be surprised if it isn't over 10 at open
gigemJTH12
AG
So if buying more CLOV in the morning would March or May 30's be the way to go?
David_Puddy
AG
tam2002 said:

The amount of run $AMC is getting on twitter is insane. I'll genuinely be surprised if it isn't over 10 at open

Guess which dumbass sold today at $5? I got in at $2.77 but......ugh
TexasAg2017
AG
First thoughts after messing around in TWS for a couple hours:

This is flipping awesome but it has way more features than I know what to do with at the moment. Lots of learning to do.
Red Rover
AG
OSTK $90 weeklies went from $0.07 yesterday to a high of over $5 today. Closed at $3.60.
Spaceship
AG
tam2002 said:

It basically doubled in AH. That's unheard of.
H-town ag
AG
Beginner here - So what is best strategy for $WWR CC Feb 19 7.50?

If I want to continue to hold this stock, do I buy the call back and then roll it out further?
GigEmRangers75455
David_Puddy said:

tam2002 said:

I was in at 2.19 and sold at 2.40
gig em 02
Spaceship said:

tam2002 said:

It basically doubled in AH. That's unheard of.
Robinhood after hours trading ends at 5, and doesn't open until 8. That means the Robinhooders are going to be fired up and ready to rumble in the morning!
Bird Poo
AG
David_Puddy said:

tam2002 said:

If it opens at $10 I'll be up $40k on my leaps.
David_Puddy
AG
Aggies75455 said:

David_Puddy said:

tam2002 said:

Ouch.....well honestly I don't think it's too late to get back in. Seeing all of this GME craziness, I'm ready to gamble a small piece of my portfolio
GigEmRangers75455
David_Puddy said:

Aggies75455 said:

David_Puddy said:

tam2002 said:

Ouch.....well honestly I don't think it's too late to get back in. Seeing all of this GME craziness, I'm ready to gamble a small piece of my portfolio

I went heavy cash Friday/Monday and I'm about to go big on 3 or 4 stocks in the morning.
bmks270
AG
Having serious FOMO.
Where are the gamblers placing their bets for tomorrow?
Red Rover
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

So if buying more CLOV in the morning would March or May 30's be the way to go?

I'd prefer May, but you could do a little of each. If I entered tomorrow I might be tempted to buy a first tier of shares on the open, but I might wait 30 minutes or so for calls. I'd see if the share price pulls back close to $15 so some premium does before jumping in. The risk is it runs up to $17 and you miss it, but I don't like to chase entries.
First Page Last Page
Page 2917 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.