Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,988,595 Views | 231573 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Swollen Thumb
tam2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

CLOV new high of day. I can't remember the last time, I was straight running green on my portfolio, even my hedges.

I bet it runs AH too
David_Puddy
AG
Anyone have any thoughts on CCIV? I took at position 2 weeks ago @15.30. Reading conflicting articles about the Lucid merger, but seems more likely than not of it happening. Will either bounce up with merger announcement or fall like a drunk HS girl on prom night.
jbeck3487
AG
MasonRamsay said:

If anyone is looking to buy back CC on WWR but unsure how I went ahead and sold 7.5puts out to May for a full $3 in premium. With that premium I bought back my 7.5cc. 2 ways this could end up, I keep all the premium come May (win) or get called out and buy the shares at 4.50 (win). Just another strategy some may not be thinking of.
The only thing is your actually still eating the premium on the covered call and have to pay 7.5 a share in May.

Your cost basis is really 4.5+covered call premium per share.
aggies4life
AG
$sava

Thank you again for posting McInnis
Post removed:
by user
gigemJTH12
AG
for long holders of $NIO...is there any reasonable expectation for it? like in the next year or two?
fightintxag13
AG
I'm seeing 1.75/1.80 right now.
Red Red Wine
AG
Any thoughts on HYLN?

Sort of Competes with XL in that market.
G Money
AG
Anyone looking to sell the WWR 2/19 $7.50 Puts for a $1.45 premium.

Wouldn't that yield a $6.05 Entry?
khaos288
AG
spy limping into the close
khaos288
AG
G Money said:

Anyone looking to sell the WWR 2/19 $7.50 Puts for a $1.45 premium.

Wouldn't that yield a $6.05 Entry?
solid way to enter or pocket cash
TexasAg2017
AG
Oof only had 100 shares of WWR and I sold that 7.5C. It was a good run.
Josepi
AG
CastleRock said:

tam2002 said:

Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

CLOV new high of day. I can't remember the last time, I was straight running green on my portfolio, even my hedges.

I bet it runs AH too

I need to study the greeks to understand the options movement.

Seems like Feb21 17.5c have been sitting on 1.30/1.35 all day, even as the stock has gone up 13%.
I believe you meant Feb 19th 17.5 calls, and they are trading for $1.73 right now...Up 108% today
MasonRamsay
You're absolutely right. It was only about .30 for me so I still wouldn't mind another 100 shares at 4.85ish.

Really just wanted to throw out an idea that is a true win/win, unless of course you sold the original covered calls too cheap and your new cost basis (after buying them back) would be somewhere in the 5s if the stock is sub 7.50 come May... but I'd still see that as a win LT!
Post removed:
by user
krosch11
AG
$LUMN major volume today. looks to be trying to fill a year long cup . If it can break that resisitance mark around 15.30 ish it could run .
Jockbrock
McInnis, you da man for bringing this to my attention. I had a little dry powder and took a small starting position here. My wife & I are talking about how much we want to put toward this. Her mom has recently been diagnosed with early stages and this could be a game changer on two fronts for us. Let's hope the drug works and that PT is correct. Would really help our family give her care.
Engine10
AG
$MSFT earnings beat
oldarmy1
AG
D2F1D0 said:

Excuse my novice-ness. What's the play you are inferring?
Yes, I'm signed up to learn from the great and knowledgeable OA on Thursday.
No worries. I was noting that a market leading indicator stock dropping below its 50DMA is another potential signal of topping action.
FJ43
Never entered $OXBR. Stayed flat after coming back down and volume dried up.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ProgN
Jockbrock said:

McInnis, you da man for bringing this to my attention. I had a little dry powder and took a small starting position here. My wife & I are talking about how much we want to put toward this. Her mom has recently been diagnosed with early stages and this could be a game changer on two fronts for us. Let's hope the drug works and that PT is correct. Would really help our family give her care.
FWIW, my great-grandmother died with Alzheimer's at the age of 90, this was in the late 80's. It's a horrible debilitating disease that effects the living more than the victim. I went heavy in the stock today because of McInnis, thanks to all 18 of you, because I want to believe a cure for this evil disease is close.
David_Puddy
AG
David_Puddy said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$SAVA jsut got a PT of $1285 on seeking alpha!??!
To hell with it, just boguht $25c leaps for Jan 23

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4401067-positive-data-on-eli-lillys-alzheimers-drug-and-many-catalysts-suggest-cassava-sciences-run

Thanks for the link. Just got in at 17.25

Nice $2+ jump from my entry point. I owe you a couple of beers McInnis
canagian
AG
canagian said:

**** LOTTO TIME ****

I am registered for OA's seminar on Thursday but will have to miss it due to some changes in travel plans.

I am willing to give away my spot for the live session on Thursday in a lotto (OA approved). So... if you were unable to register, send me a DM and I'll do a random drawing among all that show up in my inbox by the end of the trading day today. No cost to you as I'll still get my money's worth by viewing the recording afterwards.

Good luck!
Congrats to jtmoney03!!!
Mostly Foggy Recollection
MSFT up 5% AH to 244.

Sono***un, I sold into earnings. I won't make that mistake with AAPL
Slappy007
AG
canagian said:

canagian said:

**** LOTTO TIME ****

I am registered for OA's seminar on Thursday but will have to miss it due to some changes in travel plans.

I am willing to give away my spot for the live session on Thursday in a lotto (OA approved). So... if you were unable to register, send me a DM and I'll do a random drawing among all that show up in my inbox by the end of the trading day today. No cost to you as I'll still get my money's worth by viewing the recording afterwards.

Good luck!
Congrats to jtmoney03!!!
I too will not be able to attend in person and someone can attend in my stead.. Please DM me, I'll draw as well.
Engine10
AG
$AMD beat, and *doinks* off $100 lmao. Brutal ticker.
McInnis 03
AG
FJ43 said:

McInnis are your August $WWR $7.50 calls spinning like a top?

Yes, unfortunately I again got cute and sold Feb 10cs against them so my gains are hedged until then
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
leoj
AG
Msft, txn, amd beats on both lines. Could be a good day for tech tomorrow
Maximus_Meridius
AG
FJ43 said:

Same. I had a limit buy set, but it never got there and I'm not gonna chase it.
tsuag10
AG
GME $165 AH
FJ43
Maximus_Meridius said:

FJ43 said:

Same. I had a limit buy set, but it never got there and I'm not gonna chase it.
Was watching $2.62 but stayed above $3. There are many more fish in the sea. Next up....
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bonfire1996
AG
There is simply no reason for Apple to be a $2 trillion company and Microsoft not to be. Microsoft is going to $300 a share sooner rather than later. Too much revenue in the future in a subscription model and cloud services. Add in AWS cancelling Parler which will have long term revenue ramifications, and MSFT may be positioned as the best run company on Planet Earth.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
AAPL up 1% AH on MSFT news
TxAG#2011
Elon tweeting about WSB. It's over for those shorts
First Page Last Page
Page 2910 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.