Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,992,143 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by EliteZags
Esteban du Plantier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
leoj said:

Cloud said:

Can someone explain to me buying a put with a strike price higher than the current price of the stock? How does that work?

Same as buying a call that is ITM, basically it's a stock replacement position. You won't have the volatility and theta decay of OTM options.

Also allows you to sell lower-strike puts without needing as much capital as a cash-secured put.
Running with the Bulls
$MBIO tested $4.5 for support from yesterday and it held so far.
tam2002
AG
Warsteiner said:

ClutchCityAg said:

CLOV wants to try for that 14.40 today
what's the significance of 14.40? Why not get it at 14.10?

If you want a long position sure buy now. I'm swing trading only currently and I want to give you all the technical gibberish like bust through there and we'll get a confirmation of a breakout but if I'm being honest I'm doing it because OA mentioned it
McKinney Ag69
AG
tam2002
AG
XL going and I think it runs the rest of the week esp with Biden pumping EVs later this week
ag94whoop
AG
tam2002 said:

Warsteiner said:

ClutchCityAg said:

If you want a long position sure buy now. I'm swing trading only currently and I want to give you all the technical gibberish like bust through there and we'll get a confirmation of a breakout but if I'm being honest I'm doing it because OA mentioned it
have you sold XL yet today. Decent swing profit to be had
triggerhappy
AG
$OSTK

You guys see this continuing up? Got stuck in a higher price point in August and considering offloading my high and low buys to break even. TIA
GigEmRangers75455
Trying not to push my luck with EGOC. 1 million shares net free but the court hearing for them is Monday. I think there's room for another add now and net free Friday/Monday play on another block of shares.
leoj
AG
tam2002 said:

Warsteiner said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Looks like the intraday resistance yesterday after we had the opening spike and then morning drop.
62strat
AG
Anyone know how in fidelity to set a loss limit and an upper limit (sorry don't know my verbiage)

example, you own a stock at $1. You want it to automatically sell at $.50 or at $2.
AgShaun00
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

AgShaun00 said:

anyone playing egoc?
Yes. It's been doing very nicely since the OA tip from his Florida contact.
opened a td ameritrade and can't buy it yet.
tam2002
AG
Took 50% at 21.60. Riding the rest this week
Warsteiner
ClutchCityAg said:

Warsteiner said:

ClutchCityAg said:

OA identified this as the breakout signal, if it breaks this resistance it can run

gotcha
mc_shipman
$ENG is going pretty hard this morning.
Aggie1391
62strat said:

Anyone know how in fidelity to set a loss limit and an upper limit (sorry don't know my verbiage)

example, you own a stock at $1. You want it to automatically sell at $.50 or at $2.

I hoping someone knows how to do this. I don't have Fidelity, but I've been wondering how to to this for a while, but haven't figured it out yet
jj9000
AG
Those WSB guys are setting themselves up for a massive failure...and they don't even know it.

Will be interesting to watch.
Mr President Elect
AG
Yeah... I have 100% shares tied up with covered calls that are deep ITM. Not sure if I want to try to rescue them.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
62strat said:

They should have an OCO (one-cancels-the-other) order feature.
Decay
AG
jj9000 said:

Those WSB guys are setting themselves up for a massive failure...and they don't even know it.

It's their standard operating procedure. It's not called "Wall Street Smart Financial Decisions" lol
McInnis 03
AG
Just noticed a unique sweep on MAXR for 3/19 55c's. Interesting and nice looking chart. Sitting on support, waiting on the moving averages to catch up a bit.

I followed.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
mc_shipman
$ENG. Sold covered calls when it paused around $8.40 which was apparently the signal it needed to run some more.
McInnis 03
AG
jj9000 said:

You get no tendies.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
J.P. 03
AG
tramaro1 said:

Not touching GME, but might want to rethink puts.

I wish I was rich enough to solicit ideas for how to throw 6 figures around with no due diligence from people on Twitter.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
cjo03 said:

Anyone still in GTXO? Penny stock from this board a while back... it's been on a tear.

Yes, and BIOL!
Can't find any news on either.
CPDAggie10
AG
triggerhappy said:

$OSTK

You guys see this continuing up? Got stuck in a higher price point in August and considering offloading my high and low buys to break even. TIA
I sold $100 CCs on a portion of my shares. I've been burned by OSTK on big pops like this so many times....only for it to fall back into the 60s. I want to lock in some sort of gains here.
cjo03
AG
NRD09 said:

cjo03 said:

Anyone still in GTXO? Penny stock from this board a while back... it's been on a tear.

Yes, and BIOL!
Can't find any news on either.

I haven't followed GTXO much other than rolling the dice, going net free a while back. And then it made big enough moves this morning to show up. Crazy stuff.
Mr President Elect
AG
You are probably in a better position with your cc's than 90% of this board if you waited until $8.40 to sell them.
ag94whoop
AG
i guess all the runs on AMC and BB died
HelloUncleNateFitch
ag94whoop said:

i guess all the runs on AMC and BB died

Yeah, AMC only up 10% today. What a load of crap.
KaneIsAble
AG
For real; my 110% gain in 2 weeks is terrible!
ag94whoop
AG
I was mainly referring to all the people that jumped in late hoping for another GME
McInnis 03
AG
WKHS is on a mission to mars on Biden's EV fleet talk. THey were vying for an $8B contract with USPS when Trump was in office but the award got delayed.

B&I Key:
ClutchCityAg
Let it ride
McKinney Ag69
AG
ClutchCityAg
Just nabbed some more PHUN, planning on selling these new buys at 2.50-3.00
Let it ride
First Page Last Page
Page 2900 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.