Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,993,941 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by EliteZags
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here is the trade
Bird Poo
AG
Let's go AMC!

FJ43
Fast moving thread today and seemed a bit faster than normal. Not to shabby a day when all the dust settled. Congrats to all the solid gainers today. Really nice to see some of our collective plays moving.

$CLOV is gonna rip at some point in my opinion. Loaded more shares in the $13.90s several times today.

Saw the ARK email they bought 1.2M shares of $TAK today.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
About right. All mine got called away Friday
Bird Poo
AG
FJ43 said:

Fast moving thread today and seemed a bit faster than normal. Not to shabby a day when all the dust settled. Congrats to all the solid gainers today. Really nice to see some of our collective plays moving.

$CLOV is gonna rip at some point in my opinion. Loaded more shares in the $13.90s several times today.

Any idea when ARKX will be available?
jbeck3487
AG
I just finished Dan's nightly recap video. He mentioned $BTBT as having a big call buyer on the Feb 40 calls. It closed at 16.37. Looks to be forming a rounding bottom and could push up to form a cup.
FJ43
PearlJammin said:

FJ43 said:

Any idea when ARKX will be available?
I sure don't but I will see what I can find on it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

young eugene
AG
Thanks to advice of folks on this board I bought leaps of AMC and NOK last week which have done phenomenally. In the run up this morning I sold some of each to get to net free. How are yall playing these now? Both are ITM or close to it so now do I just sit back and see how they perform? Diamond hands??
FbgTxAg
AG
tam2002 said:

Today I decided to take a XL position at 19.40 and holy cow looks like I picked the right time for once

I had a limit order in @ 19.20 to average down that didn't fill. Just barely missed I think. But I have plenty of shares of the damn thing anyway. Avg 19.55.

Time for it to fly.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
My mindset has changed on CLOV from a swing to a hold similar to WWR. I've done some digging and I like the future of Clover.

Wouldn't mind a dump into the 12.50-13 range, but that doesn't seem likely. CCs and selling 12.50 puts will do.
EVA3
AG
LLNW showing signs of life.
Post removed:
by user
BenRev09
AG
Why drive a Hyundai when you could drive a Lambo?
Ragoo
AG
third coast.. said:

I would very much like to have you explain these call spreads to me like I am 4 someday. Limited upside with low risk is right in my wheelhouse and something I'd prefer to do with most of my money. Those unlimited upside options are fun as hell though.

Personally; if the set up is right and you think the stock moves in a specific direction. By the closest at the money call and sell an out of the money call. Adjust strikes and qty to meet your risk/reward profile.

Here is the weekly 140/150 on Apple.
ProgN
BenRev09 said:

Why drive a Hyundai when you could drive a Lambo?

He's the Captain of a ship so let's try to get him his own yacht!
wanderer
third coast.. said:

I would very much like to have you explain these call spreads to me like I am 4 someday. Limited upside with low risk is right in my wheelhouse and something I'd prefer to do with most of my money. Those unlimited upside options are fun as hell though.
I guess you could say that call spreads (AKA, verticals) are limited upside (in comparison to to normal calls) but they still can be lucrative.

You can have put spreads and call spreads, but for example purposes, let's look at a call spread.
  • Each spread has two legs, one leg is buying a call, and the other leg is selling a call (at a higher strike price).
  • I'm going to use TSLA 2/19 calls in this example. You could buy the 880C for $77 and sell the $930c for $57.5. Total investment would be: 77-57.5 * 100 = $1950. Max profit would be $3050 (difference between the strike prices minus the cost of the vertical * 100).
  • Any of the above strike prices could be changed and you could have a spread of $5, $50, $100, or whatever. The typical route is to buy a call ATM or near the money and to sell a OTM call..

IMO the biggest disadvantage to them is that I consider them more time sensitive if you're looking/wanting to sell for max price. If you're wanting max profit you'll almost always have to wait until expiration date to do so.

That helpful?
FJ43
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

My mindset has changed on CLOV from a swing to a hold similar to WWR. I've done some digging and I like the future of Clover.

Wouldn't mind a dump into the 12.50-13 range, but that doesn't seem likely. CCs and selling 12.50 puts will do.
Same here on long for me and work it like WWR. Have more shares now, CCs, sold puts, etc. Will keep lowering cost basis a step at a time to work to a net free position without selling shares if I can. Really liked OAs strategy on it.

Will also pick up more shares strategically to trade (lower cost basis) or keep.

Engine10
AG
Oh my...$BB
tsuag10
AG
Kicking myself for not buying $RKT on Friday when my gut told me to.

Does anyone else here think there's still room to run med- to long-term? Previous resistance looks to be around 22.90-23.00, so we are past that as of today.

Anyone else see a play here?
McInnis 03
AG
third coast.. said:

Not sure I can say it better than this site does. Read here and I'll be happy to help with the questions you have

https://www.projectoption.com/vertical-spreads-explained/
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
TexasAg2017
AG
tam2002 said:

Today I decided to take a XL position at 19.40 and holy cow looks like I picked the right time for once
Averaged down a bit today on that dip and I feel a whole lot better about it now
Engine10
AG
Pretty wild look at how long the whole damn market is
aggies4life
AG
If wanting to hedge for a downturn via buying straight up stocks/etf what are some good ones? Thanks
McInnis 03
AG
Did y'all see 131k contracts bought today on GE 11.5c for THIS WEEK!?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Brewmaster
AG
FUBO, who's ready?

this was from 1 hour before close today in the lone sub that I have...

"they are def. loading the FUBO 2/19 65 Cs - expecting a squeeze here as you can see"
McInnis 03
AG
Get your capital ready kids lol

B&I Key:
Engine10
AG
It's a little further down the list but I could see $CAKE being a target for the memes
Brewmaster
AG
FUBO to 60$!
AMC back to $7? that would be something!
wanderer
Engine10 said:

It's a little further down the list but I could see $CAKE being a target for the memes
This isn't a shot at you, but this pretty well shows the state of our market. Ticker selection based upon meme potential. haha awesome
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TexasAg2017
AG
Account opened with IBKR. Deposited some funds and now we wait. I haven't transferred my whole account yet. How long does it usually take to swap everything from one broker to another?
Post removed:
by user
irish pete ag06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Get your capital ready kids lol

Let AMC be next please.
AgEng06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

third coast.. said:

Not sure I can say it better than this site does. Read here and I'll be happy to help with the questions you have

https://www.projectoption.com/vertical-spreads-explained/

Thank you for posting this.
First Page Last Page
Page 2895 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.