Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,005,330 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 56 min ago by El_duderino
Post removed:
by user
ClutchCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
McInnis 03 said:

Need someone with cheddar, 2/19 IWM 203P, what was the cross on that just now?
Let it ride
Baby Billy
AG
How much MGNI are y'all still holding? It's still in my top 3 holdings. It just keeps going, but the company is still very small and cash flow is still negative.
Engine10
AG
Absolutely. Treat that little dump like a gift - good look at your exposure and how a true correction move might affect you.
Mr President Elect
AG
OA, $SPWR dipped pretty hard and hasn't bounced back yet on the day. I trimmed down to 25% this morning. Do you think it is worth reloading here?
khaos288
AG
bought uxvy 20C out in Mar. If it blows up, those will pop nicely.
La Bamba
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Here's the thing. If you are going to trade then you have got to control your emotions.

Now, we just had a major rip move and it came back to Model T and is now drifting lower. IF, and that is a big IF right now this turns out to be a top then people talking about losses right now are too exposed. Correct it immediately, because IF (again) this becomes a start of a major correction then you haven't seen losses.
This is like a game thread and Mond just threw a pick 6 but we are still up 10 points.
If you bring up 2018 AUBURN ONE MORE TIME!!!
McInnis 03
AG
$3.4MM, sheesh.

(IWM 203P 2/19)
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
oldarmy1
AG
Give you an example of an initial action I took on a recent multi-tier position. I outlined the CLOV position I had and obviously it looked great before this hit. It's still hanging right around resistance after a flash below. That shows strength and it will likely run if markets stabilize. But with multiple exposures on it I reached out and sold May $17.50 calls for $2.65.

Why those? Because have Feb 19 $17.50 calls above the number of shares I hold too. So if CLOV spikes and reaches $17.50 area over the next few weeks I sell the shares because I have the ability to own those shares at same price come Feb 19. If that happens and the price of CLOV is below $17.50 well then whatever they are at I pick up the difference between where I sold and where I buy back. I would have already sold enough of the Feb 19 calls for a nice profit should we reach anywhere close to $17.50 and just hold onto 50 of the original 150 in case I need to call the 5000 shares out.

By then we will have more evidence of what the markets are doing and I can decide what to do with the May covered calls along the way, hold them or buy them back entering a further out covered call at whatever price point makes best sense.

CLOV above $14 as I finish up continuing to show that strength mentioned.
Walton2016
AG
I don't use options. Not that comfortable yet. Just have some shares owned at 1.70. They are net-free already but it isnt something I plan to hold for long.
BT1395
AG
Someone talk me out of dropping $5,300 on one AMZN 2/5 call @ $3,450 strike. I feel like (based on the 9,671 boxes on my porch last week) they're going to blow out earnings.
oldarmy1
AG
McInnis 03 said:

$3.4MM, sheesh.

(IWM 203P 2/19)
Someone took the rip as a signal.
McInnis 03
AG
Meh, don't do this.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Mr President Elect
AG
Just remember their retail isn't what their evaluation is based off. It is AWS, which underwhelmed last time. Not trying to talk you out of it, just something to be aware of.
McKinney Ag69
AG
TheCellarDoor
AG
Sold Feb $6 CCs on my remaining EXPR net free shares for over $1. Either I get called out with a 400% gain or my cost basis goes below $1!
harge57
AG
Do you guys keep Limits and Stops in place on all your positions?

I don't have time to monitor this stuff that closely, so I think I am going to try and start getting this in place where possible...

Just annoying that Vanguard requires all funds to clear (about a day) before I put them in place, and then I have to renew every 60 days.
irish pete ag06
AG
Just sold covered calls on net free EXPR FEB 19. $5 strike for $1.25 per share.
RightWingConspirator
AG
Anyone doing anything with BB?
"But it is easier to purchase products that denote superiority than to be actually superior in economic achievement." - Thomas J. Stanley
irish pete ag06
AG
TheCellarDoor said:

Sold Feb $6 CCs on my remaining EXPR net free shares for over $1. Either I get called out with a 400% gain or my cost basis goes below $1!
McInnis 03
AG
BT1395 said:

Someone talk me out of dropping $5,300 on one AMZN 2/5 call @ $3,450 strike. I feel like (based on the 9,671 boxes on my porch last week) they're going to blow out earnings.
If you truly feel like that's the direction you want, I'd find some value on call spreads that can give you a 4x-10x return if you get the move you want.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
ClutchCityAg

Another sign of the top?
Let it ride
aggies4life
AG
$axxa what's the play on that one? Up big thanks to whomever recommended it here
Ornithopter
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Another sign of the top?

I think you missed the joke...
HoustonAg2014
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Another sign of the top?
I might be wrong, but it looks like he is talking about the piece of crap behind that sexy car...
gigemJTH12
AG
RightWingConspirator said:

Anyone doing anything with BB?
holding it!

I would love to hear Rangers current thoughts.

because he was originally in this as a Q3 play. I am pretty sure everything thats happened recently is completely separate from why he loved it this year.
ClutchCityAg
DubFalls said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Another sign of the top?

I think you missed the joke...
Oops haha I see it now!
Let it ride
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$3.4MM, sheesh.

(IWM 203P 2/19)
Someone took the rip as a signal.
McInnis 03
AG
He got that Nissan Leaf

B&I Key:
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I sold Feb 19 covered calls on 30% of my CWH position. $45 strike for $1.
zag213004
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Here's the thing. If you are going to trade then you have got to control your emotions.

Now, we just had a major rip move and it came back to Model T and is now drifting lower. IF, and that is a big IF right now this turns out to be a top then people talking about losses right now are too exposed. Correct it immediately, because IF (again) this becomes a start of a major correction then you haven't seen losses.

ag94whoop
AG
From what I'm seeing, I feel like tomorrow may be a good day for PLTR, SDC and a few others
ClutchCityAg

Thoughts?
Let it ride
McInnis 03
AG
Mancini seems to like the fact that ES is trying to push back to 3840, and he's of the thought that if we get back to 3840 the near term bottom was just had.

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 2887 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.